“Clean, spacious, welcoming setting on white sand, Siesta Key.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Casa Blanca

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siesta Key
The Casa Blanca
You added The Casa Blanca to your Saves list
6154 Midnight Pass Rd., Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Clean, spacious, welcoming setting on white sand, Siesta Key.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

My husband and I recently vacationed on Siesta Key, FL. Our wish was one week in a quiet location with beach access, good restaurants & shopping. The Casa Blanca, Unit B-05 came to us by recommendation. There are so many rentals in this area, we were fortunate to have found this gem. Casa Blanca is easy to locate and about 200 yards off the most beautiful, warm, white sand beach I have ever visited. Staff were available and made it easy to check-in after hours, which we did. Unit B-05 came by recommendation and upon arriving, felt we had found a home away from home. If available, I highly recommend requesting B-05. Every amenity we could have wanted, was available in this particular 2bd./2bth "white glove clean" unit, decorated in an inviting beach decor. Full kitchen, diswshr., TV in every room, comfy beds w/big fluffy pillows. A central laundry serves all units. We walked on the beach after dark and once, in warm summer rain (!) and felt safe. If the beautiful beach and quaint nearby shopping didn't entice us, we would have been comfortable just sitting on the screened porch, relaxing...eating Kilwin's ice cream. Very quiet area, family-friendly rental. Made us look at where we are living ... and ask ourselves, "Why?"

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

You et an entire house on the beach. How great is that?

Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

I wasn't expecting too much from this place. We needed a vacation and we needed one on the super cheap. We didn't want to pay more than 100 dollars a night, and we wanted the family friendliness of a suite or 2 bedroom rental, and we were traveling in January, which happens to be high season. We were fortunate to find an owner offering a special price. So, based on what WE paid - it was decent. If you were to pay rack rate from the resort itself, I would perhaps have been less satisfied. We were satisfied on the aspect of the fact that we were having a nice vacation with room for our young kids to play, watch TV, make meals when we wanted, and put the kids to bed in a separate room.

However, we did have issues. When I asked the owner point blank about a deposit, she said there was no separate deposit. This was false, and now we're out 300 dollars for who knows how long. Then there was a billing error, which I was kind enough to notify the owner about so we could rectify the situation (the error was in my favor, not theirs) but the owner never contacted me, but did contact the resort. These were owner issues associated with unit A9, not Casa Blanca issues. Casa Blanca themselves are helpful, but their contact hours are 9-5 and 10-4, so it was a tad inconvenient. Especially when trying to contact from the westcoast.

Then there were a few issues with the rental itself. Nothing that we couldn't live with, but minor inconveniences that will make us look elsewhere next time we go. They were as follows: - Though the walls looked recently painted, it was flat paint, and in the kitchen there were grease splatters all over. This made the kitchen appear unclean, though it was in fact a clean kitchen. I tried washing the walls, but it did not improve. The floors are tired and worn as well, which also makes one think it is dirty, when it is not. The bed in the master is promoted as "king" when in fact it is 2 twins pushed together. It made for a rather uncomfortable bed. The mattresses themselves are rather springy, and this could have made the stay quite a bit more enjoyable if the bed was actually comfortable, without a dividing line. Lastly the hot water tank was quite small, and held enough hot water for one 10 minute shower. Not joking. This was probably the most inconvenient thing about the place. It was remedied by one person taking a shower at night or extra early.

The positive aspects of this place are that they appear to be family friendly. Our unit was. The kitchen, though small, is adequate. It even had a blender and baking sheets. The pool is of good size and was never crowded, always plenty of chairs at the pool and the beach, and everything kept clean. The pool sign says "No Floats..." along with a lot of other things, but we weren't sure exactly what floats meant, so we took in pool noodles, which were in our unit and no one stopped us. The office staff was helpful. The location is convenient, however if I were to stay on Siesta Key again, I would like to stay on the canal area. We were looking for the overgrown mangrove trees and lush foliage, which is not to be found in the resorts on the beach.The screened porch is nice, but looking at the neighbors villa was not exciting. This feature really shines in the apartment units which are on the beach. If we were to do it again and HAD to stay at the Casa Blanca, I would choose the apartments on the beach.But most likely I will never stay in the villas again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
washington, dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

The Casa Blanca is a nice resort. Its simple. The condos are minimally stocked with essentials. The furniture and ammenities are nice, but not luxiouious. The beach is beatuiful. You can walk for several miles. While crowded at times the resort is far enough from the public beach that it never feels too crowded. There are a lot of beach chairs and easy going visitors. The resort staff is pretty tough, there are a lot of rules, but they don't seem to bother you unless you create an issue. My family and I have rented there twice, and plan to rent there again in 2009.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
McHenry, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

We just returned from our stay in The Casa Blanca, on Cresent Beach, in Siesta Key, Fl. Having spent time there before we were a little leery of going back. Boy were we surprised. They use a slogan “Luxury You Can Afford”, and we now would say, that is an understatement.

Casa Blanca has made a complete facelift, changed management, and is by far one of the nicest locations on Siesta. We stayed in a one bedroom, Villa C1. The minute you walk in you can tell it has been redecorated recently. This Villa also has the best location, close to the office, a few steps from the pool and activities room, and a short walk to the beautiful beach. The décor in the Villa is very nice, with all the luxuries of home. It has a very well equipped kitchen, TV/DVD/VCR in living room as well as a small TV in the bedroom. We made breakfast and lunch @ home, but went out for dinner, there are many good restaurants within a short distance. All the villas have been remodeled with beautiful red roofs.

My wife is not a beach person, but Cresent Beach has to be one of the most beautiful beaches we have ever seen. The sand is like walking on talc, the softest I’ve ever felt.
The sunsets are to die for, and there was a person who played a chilling rendition of taps as the sun set, I didn’t know if I should snap to attention and salute (being ex military), or just sit there and get chills up my spine with the beautiful sunset, taps and the mystical sound of breaking waves.

I spoke to the new manager Joe, he has brought a new energetic spirit to the Casa Blanca. He seems to be making well-needed changes and pleasantly updating the look. They have free high-speed Internet hook-up in the activities room, off the pool, and WiFi is in the works for the entire complex.

Would we return? Definitely. Are we going to return? Absolutely.

• Liked — Location of Villa
  • Disliked — Nightlife
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2008

My sweetheart and I spent 16 days at the Casa Blanca. The location is second to none. We stayed in the suites directly on the beach on the 3rd floor. The view of the Gulf was fabulous and every day we were up and ready to walk on the beach by 8 a.m. We did our hour long walk down the beach every day and loved every minute of it. They were experiencing some unseasonably hot weather while we were there so we did as much activity as we could at night or upon the sun rising first thing. It helped, though it was still very hot. Even when it rained (gloriously) on our last full day, we went for a walk in our shorts despite getting soaked and were still cooking! We spent a lot of time on the beach lazing around like water buffalo due to the heat so all in all, we chalked it up as a huge success!

The man and woman who run the place were friendly and happy to accommodate us when we called only days before our arrival asking if we could have another week. They were friendly but very hands off, which was fine because I think that's just the set up of the place. They are there to manage the property for the condo owners, not to be tour guides or travel agents. They did have plenty of leaflets and info on local travel in their game room and we relied on that for our information on what to do and where to go.

The accommodations themselves were a little less pleasing. We are not hard to please folks. I've stayed all over the world and can easily adapt to customs or accommodations that are not typical in North America but while this place was a fabulous location, the suite we stayed in had what appeared to be some serious mould problems. The balcony was carpeted with berber, which baffled us because, naturally, outdoor carpet is prone to mould and Florida is humid and gets its share of rain. The black mould on the balcony was of concern to us. Also, there was black mould in the bathroom ceiling vent. We both had a cough and sore throats for the first few days we got there and my sweetheart had terrible head aches the entire time. It took us a while to discover the mould but once we did, things about our health started to make sense. As often as we could we left the air-conditioning off and opened all the windows to keep the air in the suite as fresh as possible but it was difficult and rare because it was SO hot and humid that within only an hour or two we’d have a slick of moisture on our tiles in the suite due to the condensation in the air. One night we left our windows open and awoke to wet floors and damp bed sheets because of the humidity.

Another problem we had were bugs. There were LOADS of tiny little bugs running around (looked like teeny-tiny ants) and every morning we spent 5 or 10 minutes killing them in the kitchen. They were mostly confined to the kitchen but we did see them in the living room and main bathroom as well. We kept all our food in the fridge, even bread and such, and cleaned regularly to minimise the infestation but it was horrible. I don’t mind rustic or outdated - I do, however, mind dirt and infestations VERY much. During our stay we saw the exterminators on the property a couple of times in the parking lot, take this to mean what you will. You’ll either think they’re on top of it, or they have a major problem. It’s up to you.

There was also construction going on at the condo next to us so every single morning (except week ends) we had hammers and drills sounding off beginning, like clock work, at 7:30 a.m. Luckily for us, we were up early every morning but for those who want to sleep in, it would have been next to impossible with the banging and screeching of workers and their tools. While this has nothing to do with the hotel and is no fault of theirs, I mention it only because it looks like they are doing a major overhaul next door so if you want to stay at the Casa Blanca and get lots of sleep, inquire if the construction is still going on next door and plan accordingly. It didn’t bother us too much because we were up any way and didn’t spend much time in the suite, plus once we got on the beach it was easy to block out the noise (which generally ended by 2 or 2:30 in the afternoon).

Some on this site have complained on the seaweed that washes up on shore and sharks. The seaweed happened during the last week of our trip due to rough seas mixing up the ocean floor. This is nature and must be expected. The city of Siesta Key does a great job of clearing it away. Every morning they were on the beach with heavy equipment clearing it away. It is a huge task and takes time but I think they did a great job dealing with it. It’s just one of those minor little things that one must expect in the great outdoors. We didn’t find it problematic in the least because we expect it. The beaches are groomed and maintained extremely well and we were both impressed.

As for the sharks, we saw none but it’s an ocean… it’s their house, not ours. If anyone is nervous about sharks, do some research about shark attacks and perhaps you’ll feel better. There are millions of visitors to Florida and run ins with sharks are extremely rare and often the fault of the swimmer inadvertently attracting them or being where they are known to frequent. Common sense and research will ease your mind. We did see dolphins and manatees, however, that was wonderful!

Sarasota and Siesta Key is SO fabulously easy to get around, we loved visiting and will be back! The locals are very friendly and we had breakfast nearly every single day the Patisserie Café Continental at 5221 Ocean Blvd. The staff were fantastic and we looked forward every chance we could to go there and start our day after our walk. They have fabulous food (the bangers are a must have as well as their paninis – the one with ham and cranberries was my fave)! When we had our last breakfast there, we told them it was our last day and we got hugs from the two ladies who served us during our stay. I didn’t want to leave! Discover the Patisserie, you won’t regret it.

The Tandoor Indian restaurant is wonderful too! There are at 3440 Clark Rd. in Sarasota. The food is really fresh and the tastes are to die for. You will feel all warm and fuzzy inside once you eat there.

Another great spot is DaRuMa Japanese restaurant. It’s pricy because it’s upscale so it’s a nice place for a special evening out, perhaps your last night in town or something like that. The food is unique and as tasty as anything I’ve ever tried. The pickled seaweed was amazing and the steaks were as good as they get. I loved every single item put in front of me and there was plenty to eat, not like some fancy restaurants where you leave hungry. It’s tricky to find as it’s in a newer location in a strip mall but if you call ahead, they’ll give you directions or punch it in to your GPS if you have one.

We also tried the Bonefish Grill, which was very highly rated, but found it to be the only restaurant during our entire stay that we didn’t like. My boyfriend specifically instructed them to leave out garlic in any form in his entire meal due to an allergy and they seemingly ignored that. He got his plate and after the first bite of his vegetables thought he tasted a hint of garlic, at that point the server came over and rather blandly looked at him and said “oh, by the way, the cook told me to tell you there is some garlic in the mixed vegetables…”. We just stared at him like, “you’re kidding right? We told you it was an allergy and he didn’t want any”. So that put a crimp in the evening as he couldn’t eat his meal due to the smell of garlic rising from his plate. They never once offered to fix it or bring a new plate, which we found odd given the nature of our request. So we left it alone and I shared what I had and we left as quickly as possible so he could go get a burger.

If they cleaned up the Casa Blanca a bit, I would stay there again but for the next trip we will be trying another place down the road due to the bugs and mould. Others we met while there had good things to say about the property and one couple we met go there every year for their anniversary and they love it, so make up your mind based on all the information. We found suite 301 to have some problems but we reported the issues to the management and perhaps they’ve dealt with them.

• Stayed October 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ann Arbor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

My family and I go to Casa Blanca in Siesta Key every year, we love it!. My 5 year old loves the beach and we love that you can walk the beach to the village and have a casual dinner at the Daquiri Deck or a formal dinner at Maximo's South African/Italian restaurant...beautiful. The village offers many great restaurants. Casa Blanca has a nice size swimming pool, a game room and a huge stretch of white powdery sand to the Gulf of Mexico. Every morning we have a walk , collect shells and spot dolphins swimming. Then breakfast on our lanai and then it's off to the pool or the beach. Our villa is comfortable and has everything our family needs for our stay. We would highly recommend this affordable family vacation in a little piece of tropical paradise.

• Liked — Location! Best Beach, Great village, totally relaxing atmosphere
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Casa Blanca? Share your experiences!