“FANTASTIC place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SPECIAL AUTUMN RATES
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Siesta Key
Saint Augustine, Florida
“FANTASTIC place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Because Trip Advisor was so instrumental in helping me to make my vacation plans, and because the review of this hotel was so spot on, I HAD to write a review for the first time! You will not be disappointed! The hotel is small, but has everything you need. We stayed in a one br to have a wall separating us from our kids. The room is clean, well decorated and nicely furnished. The kitchenette allows you to cook (we didn't want to) and the hotel has a room of beach chairs, pool toys and the 2 washers and dryers to use, for free! The courtyard is beautifully decorated, between the landscaping and the peaceful fountain, the 2 gas grills, the tables with umbrellas to eat at and the chairs and couches to sit and relax. The pool is shared among the 5-7 resorts on the circle where the hotel is, but is a 100 yard walk at most from the room. The beach is maybe another 100 yards and is beautiful! You can rent beach chairs, umbrellas, kayaks, stand up paddleboards and have it all charged to your room. Or you can do like we did and rent a stand up paddleboard from Siesta Key Beach and Kayak and they will deliver it to the entrance of the beach for you to use for the whole day, at the same cost for what renting on the beach would cost you to use for only 4 hours!

About .2 of a mile away, there are restaurants (we didn't eat at any of them), a small grocery store, ice cream and a drug store/post office. It is not central to "downtown" Siesta Key, but is 3 miles away, at most. It is really difficult to park downtown come dinner time, so be aware. Because it is so crowded, and because Sarasota is only 1 mile away, for more great dining options, we did eat over there a few times.

The staff at the hotel is wonderful as well! We dealt with Becky and Emily, but really never had to because we had no issues at all! Stay here, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Go to the website, they have the floorplans of all of the rooms, as well as pictures to help you see...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed at the Capri at Siesta because the trip advisor reviews were very high. I'm glad I did becasue it was exactly what me and my family were looking for. We stayed in Orlando and did the park thing before coming to the Capri and we were looking for relaxation time and we got it. The Hotel is steps away from the common pool which was very clean and fun for the kids. Its also very close to the beach which is rated the #1 beach in the USA. The beach is beautiful and the water is clear. We stayed in room 109 which it is a suite with a separate bedroom and in the living room slash kitchen you had the futon which was quite comfy. I would have liked for the room to be a bit bigger but that is just me and it did not take away from the good time we had there. I cooked full meals in the kitchen and I made good use of the outdoor grills that the hotel provides. At night it was lovely to sit out in the courtyard and sip on a nice cocktail while looking at the stars. Bring mosquito spray if you are staying in July. All in all the hotel was really nice and kept very clean. I would say it is the nicest looking hotel of the bunch. Kudos to the owners for their great sense of outdoor style. Becky greeted us with a smile and is full of local information. It was perfect because she was there but not there if you know what I mean. I guess the greatest compliment I think my wife said was that she felt like she was at home and that is a good feeling. I would recommend this hotel to families with kids or without. It was a wonderful stay and a wonderful place to be in Siesta Key.

Room Tip: Room 109 was big enough for a family of five.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Warren, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

After a week long stay at The Capri at Siesta, I honestly can say I can not wait to return. Most inns, hotels or motels usually don't leave that type of impression, but The Capri is a standout in a sea of cookie-cutter high rise chains.
I had the good fortune of staying in the Royal Palm (rm 107), the Deluxe Suite. This suite offers a separate bedroom with a queen sized bed, a living room with a futon couch and chair, a dinette and a well-stocked kitchenette. Practically every comfort from home is found at The Capri, ranging from the Tommy Bahama brand soaps and toiletries to the waffle-weave cotton robes. Oh, can't forget the 2 flat screen TVs or the (quiet) remote controlled air conditioning units (one in each room of the suite). And I would be remiss if I didn't mention how tastefully decorated the suite is; in fact the entire property radiates a tropical beachiness while remaining modern and stylish.
The walk to Crescent Beach is an easy one. And since you can rent 2 chaises and an umbrella for an entire day just by showing your room key, all you need to carry is a beach towel (also provided by The Capri). Be sure to check the common room before you go, there are beach toys and noodles (fun for floating!) to borrow.
I could go on and on singing the praises of The Capri, from the little detail of the packages of snacks left in the clean towel basket to the huge friendly smiles from the most gracious hosts, Becky and Emily. You can tell they truly want your visit to be the best it can be. I know mine was.

Old Bridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We chose the Capri based on TripAdvisor reviews and it exceeded our expectations. We have been traveling from New Jersey to Florida for three weeks and have stayed in 7 different hotels and the Capri was the best of them all. The rooms are immaculate which is the number one requirement for us. We had a King room . There was a fully equipped and supplied kitchen, and every possible amenity you could think of. The pool was great. The walk to the beach was pleasant. The courtyard is beautiful. When we checked in, Becky was there and she made us feel as if she was really glad we were there. We could not ask for anything better than what the Capri has to offer, and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The Capri is absolutely wonderful. Becky is very nice & helpful. The resort is very beautiful & clean. You have everything you need. It's only a 2-3 minute walk to the ocean, & a nice scenic walk at that. The beach is beautiful. And the sunsets are amazing. It's a few yards away from the Point of Rocks where you can fish & snorkel. There's many things to do like jet ski, kayak, water board, parasail, & bike ride. There's a convenient store, ice cream place, wonderful pizza/Italian restaurant & grocery store (which delivers) in close walking distance. I recommend Walts in Sarasota & Pop's Grill for great seafood & lobster. The location of The Capri is away from all the hotels & gives you a tropical island feel. There's free shuttles to take you to shops & restaurants just a few miles away. Sarasota downtown is a beautiful place to drive around & sight see. St. Armand's is also a great place to shop & eat which is just a few miles away. We had a wonderful stay & will definately be back.

Church hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The capri is the best place I have ever stayed. My husband and I booked it for our honeymoon and were definitely impressed with what we saw when we arrived. The rooms were immaculate and so clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Couldn't have asked for anymore on out honeymoon. We will be returning next year.

Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Excellent stay there..very clean and comfortable room.Friendly staff. conveniently located close to beach and minutes away from restaurants and shops..Looking forward to staying there again.I would recommend the Capri at Siesta to everyone..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Capri at Siesta? Share your experiences!