“My Little Slice of Heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Palms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siesta Key
Beach Palms
You added Beach Palms to your Saves list
153 Beach Road, Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Bryn Mawr, Pa
“My Little Slice of Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2007

Back again for my third consecutive year and already booked for 2008! This family run resort, Beach Palms of Siesta Key Village, is one in a million. It's owners, Joerg and Marie-Louise, are most delightful and accommodating. My little yellow cottage is quaint and charming and has a fabulous deck area with lovely palm trees, wonderful birds and lizzards, even a sweet little bird nest with eggs. Nature abounds with smells, sounds and views exceeding all expectations. It's just a few steps away from the beach, shops, restaurants and other area attractions. What more could one want?

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Al excellent
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Canton, OHio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the blue cottage with our three small children. It was perfect. Although this particular cottage has 2 bedrooms,( one with a single bed the other with a king size, ) we put the children down to sleep in the large bedroom with a movie in, while we sat on the screened in porch and played cards, had a few drinks, and just enjoyed the warm Florida weather. When we were too tired we moved the children into the pull out sofa for them. We could not have picked a better location with little ones. The little grocery store is literally around the block, and we walked to it daily. The beach is steps away. I can't say enough, except if you arent happy with this place than you may be too picky. Dont forget to check out their website for specifics. My daughters still talk about the blue cottage daily. What a great memory for them!

• Liked — Location and Staff
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

By stroke of luck I found Beach Palms on the internet. The owners (Joerg & Marie-Louise) went out of their way to make our stay in the Pink Mango Cottage a wonderful experience. The cottages are quaint and charming...true feeling of Key West. A step or two from the best beach and the village on Siesta Key. Every possible need was anticipated and the smells, sounds and views exceeded our expectations. We have stayed in other Siesta Key accommodations over the years, but Beach Palms will be home away from home from now on (even if only for a vacation). Everything on the webb site is accurate and all you have to do is take a look and call Marie-Louise...you will not be disappointed...try it...you will love it...Richard, Diane and Mark Trettin of indianapolis, Indiana.

florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

I do not recommend the Beach Palms. I will never stay there again. Don't stay here if you have a pet. I paid a 15% pet fee to bring my 2 small dogs and we were in one of the suites. The couple in the suite next to us complained that the dogs barked whenever we were out. I admit they did bark some but when we came back from dinner the first night we looked in the windows and both dogs were asleep in the living area so they couldn't have been barking the whole time. The owner of Beach Palms was out of the country but the person she left in charge stopped by and told us we would have to take the dogs with us when we went out. That meant we couldn't go to the beach or the restaurants. I called him later that evening and said the only resolution I could think of was for us to check out and receive a refund for the unused nights. He agreed but said he didn't know how to process the transaction but that the owner would take care of it when she returned. I even questioned him if there would be a problem receiving a refund and he told me how he had known the owners when they owned Tropical Breeze and that I wouldn't have a problem receiving the refund. When the owner returned and I contacted her she refused to refund the 2 unused nights. We had booked 4 nights and only stayed 1 night. I agreed to pay for 2 since we left so late in the evening. The owner isn't very nice or accomodating and will not honor the decision made by the person she left in charge. On top of refusing to refund 2 nights stay that he told me would be refunded she is also keeping the 15% pet fee for those 2 nights which is ridiculous since the dogs weren't there.

Stayed March 2006
Derby, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

This is by far the best place we have ever stayed in Siesta Key. Not only was it clean and bright it is right across from the beach.

The owners are on site and very friendly. They will gladly talk to you about living all over the world and how much they love the area. The landscaping is beautiful with lovely palm trees and luch green vegitation. My daughter tried catching little lizards for hours outside our door. We ate breakfast on the brick patio every morning.

We cant say enough about how wonderful this property is and we would never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2006
Rotherham England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2006

We have been in the yellow cottage for a week and don't want to leave tomorrow. The place is a delight and the owners Joerg and Marie Louise could not be more helpful.

There is everything you could wish for here and the location in relation to the beach and the village could not be better. You would find it hard not to love this place

Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2006

Clean, cute, and close to everything! We stayed in the blue dolphin cottage... Walk out your front door and turn right, you are steps away from the beach. Turn left, and you are steps away from all of the bars, restaurants, convenience stores, and gift shops.

Summer is the off season, and we had the beach practically to ourselves. The owners were very nice, and helpful. We rented scooters for a day, a boat on another day... Perfect vacation!

And, to top it off, we got engaged here!

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Beach Palms? Share your experiences!