Hope, the manager, bent over backward to help us in every way possible, including making the reservation itself.
The location of this property is perfect: across the street from a beach access, easily walkable even with our 3 kids, one of whom is just turning 4. The part of the beach that's closest is not crowded (just down from the main public beach area). The village is within walking distance (though in the heat it made it more difficult for us to convince our kids that this was a fun thing to do!).
The rooms are well maintained. We had just enough room for everyone. I wish our sofa had pulled out, so we could have put one of our kids on there. I was confused by the information online and assumed our sofa would pull out, but it ended up being no big deal. The pools are beautiful; the unheated one could have been skimmed more often, but it didn't bother us at all.
I do wish there had been some sort of either push broom or vacuum in the room, because we weren't willing to pay an extra cleaning fee but our carpet got pretty sandy during our stay. It wasn't unbearable though because the carpet is nice and new.
We also had to hang a sheet over our window at night because the management keeps christmas lights plugged in and also porch lights on throughout the night. It was so bright that for the first few nights we had trouble sleeping. Then my husband found the plug and unplugged the christmas lights--once we did that plus hung up a sheet we slept great! I think the windows really need dark curtains to block out the light. And we brought sound machines so we didn't notice any noise, but without those it might have bothered me a little.
Really the only inconvenient thing we can say is that we had to run to the ATM to get cash to pay for the room when we arrived; credit cards get a 3% fee tacked on. But it was not a big deal--we were able to check in hours early, which made it feel like we had a whole extra day tacked onto our vacation.
If you like down-to-earth accommodations, then this is the place for you. If you expect 5-star hotel quality, you won't be happy. This is a simple, clean, cute, quaint, friendly, and extremely budget-friendly place to stay at one of the world's best beaches.
We will definitely be back again, and we have already recommended Ringling House to our friends. I posted pictures on FB, and I had lots of comments like "Your pictures made us want to stay there!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay here and Walk to Everything! Just steps to Siesta Key Beach and 3 blocks south of the Siesta Key Village - shops and restaurants. Just updated - new carpet, paint, tile, bedding, furniture, decor - adorable - fresh and fun! We have suites ranging from adorable efficiencies to spacious 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath condominium units. We have 2 pools on the property and the large resort style pool is heated. All new pool and patio furniture! Fully equipped kitchens as well as all linens, beach towels and beach chairs provided. Bring your bathing suit - we will provide the rest! Warm Florida sunshine included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ringling Beach House - A Siesta Key Suites Property reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ringling Beach House - a Siesta Key Suites Property Hotel Siesta Key
- The Ringling Beach House - A Siesta Key Suites Property Florida