“Very good” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Madison, Wisconsin
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

People were great, food was good. We had mussels and a very good steak. It is a local kind of place we found out.

Visited February 2013

Siesta Key, Florida
“A good safe spot to take guests”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Siesta Key restaurants are mostly tourist traps. But this place is a good place to take visitors to get a good meal in a good atmostphere. We went on a Friday night and they had great music outside. The food was very good for all 4 of us. The service was adequate - nothing too good or too bad. Overall, a good place for visitors who want a real meal (not bar food) on Siesta Key that is good, reasonably priced (not too high but not cheap), in a fun atmosphere.

Visited February 2013
Rochester, NY
“The place is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Great outdoor bar. Great music. Great people that work there. Anything you ask for they will try and accomodate. Been a bunch of times. Really good dinner salads.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“They're Blase alright!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We were meeting another couple for late night dinner (them) drinks (us). We had already had dinner and were just going to hang out with them.We arrived to great music playing on the outdoor patio. The waitress put two tables together and got us some chairs. A few of the chairs looked newer and nice. I got a very old chair and sat down in it very slowly due to the fact that it looked like it should have been thrown away last season. Well the chair collapsed in slow motion and I fell out of it. If was very funny to watch, I am sure! The waitress appears and we tell her what happen. She does NOTHING. We get another chair. We are waiting for our orders. We ask to see the manager. We ask again! My wine comes. The waitress starts to put the wine on the small table and the table almost crashes to the ground. I know funny right. I grab the wine just in time. We ask to see the manager again. Finally Rami comes out. I ask to fill out an accident report. Rami says, "We do not do that here". Hmm Really? I thought all restaurants did that. He says Why? I say look what if I wake up tomorrow and something is wrong from that fall? He has no interest in this. He says do you want and ambulance? I said no! I want to filll out a report. Finally he gives me his card with a phone number on the back. He leaves the table. I take my cell phone out and get a picture of the old broken chair. They send some one out right away to take that chair out of our sight! They give us our bill. Yes I had to pay for the wine! Yes! Can you beleive this place? My friends stayed and finished their dinner. They said the food was good. When the waitress brought them their bill they told her that the cafe should have NEVER charged me for my wine. They had no clue how to handle the broken chair accident! The next day I woke up in a world of hurt from that fall. Hey, the Blase Cafe where the attitude is blase too!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
blasecafe, Owner at Blase Cafe, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
let's set things straight, when the chair collapsed your server came and asked you if everything was good and you spend 2 hours seated and right before the check came you start complaining we did offer to call an ambulance for you, all your party indicated that there was no reason to,and i find it amazing how things turn out. And Ma'am if you wanted a free glass of wine you shouldn't had went through all of this. your very welcome to ask for one since we are known for being a family run establishment we treat honest people the way they need to be treated and with all do respect to you. You were a bit cheesy how you handled this.
Scotland
“Thanks but no thanks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We used the "free taxi" at Siesta Key (nothing in the States is free!) and he recommended the Blase Cafe. Take a tip from me , ignore him. This was terrible. Over priced pub food with some guy singing dingy songs and expecting a tip. It was awful. There are so many decent places onthe strip to eat, avoid this place, it s just not worth it

Wish we had never visited

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
blasecafe, Owner at Blase Cafe, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
I am not sure what you are referring to as pub food. We do carry a couple of sandwiches but our menu would not be described as pub food. We serve filet mignon, rack of lamb, fresh seafood including sea bass, black grouper only 3 items of over 30 are sandwiches so I wouldn't say we have "pub food". Also, we do have live entertainment that changes on a weekly bases but I do feel none of this was the problem from reading your review. I sense that your night did not start the right way from your comment about the free ride taxi. As you know there are some cultural differences from where you came from and the states in the manner of tipping as I do not speak for the free ride, but we do appreciate their help in transporting people around the island and bear in mind that tips are their only source of income (and by the way nothing is free anywhere, not just the states). Anyways we wish you a great vacation and enjoy visiting our beautiful island.