“Beautiful View” 4 of 5 stars

5830 Midnight Pass Road, Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Monroeville,
“Beautiful View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed in Tower II Unit 405. Quiet, beautiful well stocked condo. Office staff and evening security at the condo were helpful when needed - but truthfully we didn't need their assistance often. Beach was spacious, beautiful and clean, and the view from the condo was lovely. Only down side was a "generator" outside of the condo that was quite noisy when it kicked on every few minutes, night and day, and this made sleeping rough for a few nights - we arrived with Tropical Storm Debby and lots of rain so the generator was running more often than usual I am sure. Parking space for the unit was in an area that floods with heavy rains - generator went down one night and we had to move our car a short distance to higher ground in the middle of the night. Had a nice vacation in spite of bad weather for three days with Debby - will definitely return again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Just stayed for a week, and we payed a lot of money for over 50 people to stay here. Roofs/windows leaked when it rained, clothes/phones got soaked, mold all over the rooms! They closed the pool nearest the beach claiming they were afraid palm trees would fall on people yet they didn't bother to remove the umbrellas in the bench tables that all ended up snapping in half becoming jagged wooden spear projectiles and if they were truly afraid of palm trees falling why didn't they rope off the sidewalks around the pool... Even after that happened they still didn't bother to remove the umbrellas from the other pool, so they're about to snap in half now as well. Lost power for about 16 hours. The AC went out for countless miserable hours even after the power came back on. Staff kept the beach chairs locked up even after the tropical storm (which really didn't do much to this area) and would come and move them on you without asking when you went in the water even though your stuff was on the chairs. When ever you complained or ask if they could do anything for you at the front desk the short skinny older lady just kinda snickered and replied "Nope, Have a nice day." Overall the worst place I've ever stayed and will NEVER be returning or recommending this terrible place to anyone. I'm so glad it's over with.

Room Tip: Don't choose any at this place. Best tip I can Give. And if you do, don't pick the top floo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed in condo unit #83. This was in the single level units. Our condo was great!! The condo had just been furbished with new furniture before we arrived. It was clean and was just a short walk to the beach. I will definitely vacation here again as well as rent this condo again. Our unit was very well maintained. This complex is not a upscale area but we loved it. The beach was absolutely fantastic. It was a bit quieter than some of the other areas that have larger complexes. We absolutely loved it!!

My only complaint was because they were delivering new furniture, they wanted to deliver and pick up a couple of pieces while we were in the condo. I did not feel this was appropriate at all. They also sent a repair person to the condo to replace a leaky faucet while we were there. I didn't notice a leaky faucet. So, I think the management needs to be conscientious and schedule these types of things when there are not guests staying in the condo. I don't feel that on our "paying" vacation we should be interrupted with this activity.

Overall a fantastic stay and would recommend this to family and friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Litchfield, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We recently stayed in Tower 2 with a lovely ocean view. The best part of our stay was the view and access to the beach. That's it! Our Unit on the 3rd floor, even number, looked good in pictures. It was a different story in person. The kitchen was ok and may have been updated in the last few years. Although the stools were horribly dirty and beatup. The rest of the Unit looks like it has been the same since it was built (I believe 1970s). This includes all the decor, furniture and dried flowers. The 2nd bedroom has an awful mildew smell that I could not get rid of all week. There were water stains on the ceiling so I'm assuming mold problems. I was afraid for my children's health and tried to get as much fresh air in as possible. What a hassle. The shag carpeting in the bedrooms was disgusting and left grit in our sandals. I would never, ever go barefoot in this Unit. The beds were in awful shape. I don't believe the mattresses have ever been changed. The bedframes were not attached. I was afraid of bedbugs all week. The linens were so cheap and terribly scratchy. There were no ceiling fans in the bedrooms. The bathrooms were tiny and in disgusting condition. The toilets and sinks were about 2 feet high and barely usable. There was no stopper in the master sink which made a horrible sound when the water was turned on. It seemed unsanitary. The plastic blinds kept falling apart and did nothing to provide privacy. The windows were so dirty and hard to open and shut. The appliances have seen better days and never worked properly. The microwave was all rusty as were the faucets in bathrooms. There were no potholders and all the knives/utensils were dull and rusty. We had to provide our own beach towels, detergent, dishwasher detergent, trash bags, plastic wrap, shampoo, hairdryer, etc. The washer/dryer was in horrible condition and did not work properly. There wasn't a clothes basket to be found. No beach umbrellas are provided. Many of the lights did not work. The outlets looked dangerous. This place needs to be gutted and remodeled. I wanted to leave after arriving. We stayed only for the location, balcony and the fact it was a holiday week. Siesta Key has a nice beach but most of the condos look old and do not have open air balconies. I'd go back to Jamaica Royale but only in a completely renovated Unit. I'd first want to see pics of the bathrooms. Beware if you do not see any. I will say the Staff was nice and accommodating. This was the worst Condo I've ever rented and now I wish I asked for my money back. Shame on the Owner!! It looks to be fully rented for the season too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We first stayed here on our honeymoon in 1985. We came back a couple of years later with 2 other family members. We went back for the first time in about 24 years in June 2011 with 20 family members. We love Siesta Key and the Jamaica Royale is the only place we've ever stayed when visiting Siesta Key, but we didn't want to travel that far with small kids. The beach is the biggest draw, but they have some nice cabanas that you can sit under to get some shade, a nice sized pool, and some units have covered parking.The condo was very nice and had all of the essentials. We had some small problems (the drain in the shower didn't work very well, a couple of shade blades were missing, and we saw a water bug), but we called the front desk and they took care of it the next day. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is a great location on Siesta Key! This unit is steps from Crescent beach. I prefer the villas to the towers as you pull right up to your front door and can exit to the lawn/garden and beach out your back patio. We stayed in this same unit about 8 years ago and not much has changed since then. The bathroom was very nicely re-done and there is a new sofa bed plus lots of storage with additional built-ins. The kitchen is the same but well maintained and clean. The laundry room is a big plus too as you will need to wash your own towels through the week.The villas have an old-style Florida charm that reminds me of visiting my grandparents and this unit is especially true in that aspect. You can tell the owners take pride in their unit and it is very clean and well-organized and decorated like well, my grandmother's house. The biggest issue we had with the unit this time was the two double beds need to be replaced. It is past due and they should both be at the same height. Our backs were killing us at the end of our week stay. The other problem with this type of rental was limited toilet paper and tiny bars of soap, no dish soap, laundry soap or dishwasher soap. No salt and pepper, no sugar, tea or coffee. We had to buy every little basic thing. I think these items should be maintained in the unit especially since there is no maid service until you leave. The office staff was very polite to us but I do recommend that you are dressed properly when you go to the office. Late check-in is easy and efficient. The property is very well-maintained. However, Sarasota is a village of basically elderly people and lots of realtors, doctors, and lawyers. People watching on the beach tends toward the geriatric. Order and control is a big deal in this community. We came off the beach in the evening and sat under a cabana to escape the rain and were questioned about whether we were staying at the property. My husband at 55 liked the orderly control of not allowing the beach lounges and chairs past the sign (far from the water) and put up every night, in comparison to a nearby property with chairs strewn about the beach up to the water's edge. But myself, I prefer a warmer, more flexible social environment. I would have enjoyed lying on a chair near the water.
I highly recommend Morton's Market for prepared foods and their superb bakery. Siesta Village market had some excellent rib eye and Taste of Germany had an outstandingly authentic apple strudel. Otherwise, Publix grocery off Stickney Point will suffice for basics.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom condo in October. This facility is located right on Siesta Key Beach; it has 3 pools and is less than 2 miles to Siesta Key Village where the restaurants, bars and shops are located. It was immaculately clean and well maintained. The price was very reasonable and we would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Check on the internet and try to see pictures of the facility before you book it.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Jamaica Royale Condominiums? Share your experiences!