We recently stayed in Tower 2 with a lovely ocean view. The best part of our stay was the view and access to the beach. That's it! Our Unit on the 3rd floor, even number, looked good in pictures. It was a different story in person. The kitchen was ok and may have been updated in the last few years. Although the stools were horribly dirty and beatup. The rest of the Unit looks like it has been the same since it was built (I believe 1970s). This includes all the decor, furniture and dried flowers. The 2nd bedroom has an awful mildew smell that I could not get rid of all week. There were water stains on the ceiling so I'm assuming mold problems. I was afraid for my children's health and tried to get as much fresh air in as possible. What a hassle. The shag carpeting in the bedrooms was disgusting and left grit in our sandals. I would never, ever go barefoot in this Unit. The beds were in awful shape. I don't believe the mattresses have ever been changed. The bedframes were not attached. I was afraid of bedbugs all week. The linens were so cheap and terribly scratchy. There were no ceiling fans in the bedrooms. The bathrooms were tiny and in disgusting condition. The toilets and sinks were about 2 feet high and barely usable. There was no stopper in the master sink which made a horrible sound when the water was turned on. It seemed unsanitary. The plastic blinds kept falling apart and did nothing to provide privacy. The windows were so dirty and hard to open and shut. The appliances have seen better days and never worked properly. The microwave was all rusty as were the faucets in bathrooms. There were no potholders and all the knives/utensils were dull and rusty. We had to provide our own beach towels, detergent, dishwasher detergent, trash bags, plastic wrap, shampoo, hairdryer, etc. The washer/dryer was in horrible condition and did not work properly. There wasn't a clothes basket to be found. No beach umbrellas are provided. Many of the lights did not work. The outlets looked dangerous. This place needs to be gutted and remodeled. I wanted to leave after arriving. We stayed only for the location, balcony and the fact it was a holiday week. Siesta Key has a nice beach but most of the condos look old and do not have open air balconies. I'd go back to Jamaica Royale but only in a completely renovated Unit. I'd first want to see pics of the bathrooms. Beware if you do not see any. I will say the Staff was nice and accommodating. This was the worst Condo I've ever rented and now I wish I asked for my money back. Shame on the Owner!! It looks to be fully rented for the season too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AMERICA'S #1 BEACH IS SIESTA KEY!!!! Siesta Key, Florida, and our white sandy beaches(Voted #1 in the U.S.) Create the perfect setting for the type of vacation you deserve with our studio, one and two bedroom condominium rentals. We have one story villas, two story Penthouses and two Bedroom Gulf View Tower Condos. We also have condos available for sale. You will be glad you came to Jamaica Royale. In addition to our beautiful beaches, the Jamaica Royale beautiful tropical grounds are very relaxing. You can enhance your stay further, by relaxing in one of our three heated swimming pools, enjoy playing shuffleboard, or have a BBQ at Beachside or on the Barbeque Island and patio. WE HAVE HIGH SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET ON THE PROPERTY AND IS ACCESSIBLE AROUND OUR POOLS, THE BEACH AND FROM MOST OF OUR CONDOS. Jamaica Royale offers not only quiet beachfront seclusion, but also beautiful sunsets on our World Famous Siesta Key Beach, Florida. Siesta Key Village is close to many activities and attractions, including shopping and an array of restaurants. Access to Tennis courts are a short walk. All condominiums are completely furnished with fully equipped kitchens. There are laundry facilities on site or in the units at Jamaica Royale. Irons, ironing boards, linens are supplied. Friendly staff awaits you. Just bring your sunscreen. Beach chairs are supplied, AND many condos have beach chairs and beach towels to take down to the beach water edge.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Jamaica Royale Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jamaica Royale Condominiums Hotel Siesta Key
- Jamaica Royale Condominiums Siesta Key, Florida