This is a great location on Siesta Key! This unit is steps from Crescent beach. I prefer the villas to the towers as you pull right up to your front door and can exit to the lawn/garden and beach out your back patio. We stayed in this same unit about 8 years ago and not much has changed since then. The bathroom was very nicely re-done and there is a new sofa bed plus lots of storage with additional built-ins. The kitchen is the same but well maintained and clean. The laundry room is a big plus too as you will need to wash your own towels through the week.The villas have an old-style Florida charm that reminds me of visiting my grandparents and this unit is especially true in that aspect. You can tell the owners take pride in their unit and it is very clean and well-organized and decorated like well, my grandmother's house. The biggest issue we had with the unit this time was the two double beds need to be replaced. It is past due and they should both be at the same height. Our backs were killing us at the end of our week stay. The other problem with this type of rental was limited toilet paper and tiny bars of soap, no dish soap, laundry soap or dishwasher soap. No salt and pepper, no sugar, tea or coffee. We had to buy every little basic thing. I think these items should be maintained in the unit especially since there is no maid service until you leave. The office staff was very polite to us but I do recommend that you are dressed properly when you go to the office. Late check-in is easy and efficient. The property is very well-maintained. However, Sarasota is a village of basically elderly people and lots of realtors, doctors, and lawyers. People watching on the beach tends toward the geriatric. Order and control is a big deal in this community. We came off the beach in the evening and sat under a cabana to escape the rain and were questioned about whether we were staying at the property. My husband at 55 liked the orderly control of not allowing the beach lounges and chairs past the sign (far from the water) and put up every night, in comparison to a nearby property with chairs strewn about the beach up to the water's edge. But myself, I prefer a warmer, more flexible social environment. I would have enjoyed lying on a chair near the water.
I highly recommend Morton's Market for prepared foods and their superb bakery. Siesta Village market had some excellent rib eye and Taste of Germany had an outstandingly authentic apple strudel. Otherwise, Publix grocery off Stickney Point will suffice for basics.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AMERICA'S #1 BEACH IS SIESTA KEY!!!! Siesta Key, Florida, and our white sandy beaches(Voted #1 in the U.S.) Create the perfect setting for the type of vacation you deserve with our studio, one and two bedroom condominium rentals. We have one story villas, two story Penthouses and two Bedroom Gulf View Tower Condos. We also have condos available for sale. You will be glad you came to Jamaica Royale. In addition to our beautiful beaches, the Jamaica Royale beautiful tropical grounds are very relaxing. You can enhance your stay further, by relaxing in one of our three heated swimming pools, enjoy playing shuffleboard, or have a BBQ at Beachside or on the Barbeque Island and patio. WE HAVE HIGH SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET ON THE PROPERTY AND IS ACCESSIBLE AROUND OUR POOLS, THE BEACH AND FROM MOST OF OUR CONDOS. Jamaica Royale offers not only quiet beachfront seclusion, but also beautiful sunsets on our World Famous Siesta Key Beach, Florida. Siesta Key Village is close to many activities and attractions, including shopping and an array of restaurants. Access to Tennis courts are a short walk. All condominiums are completely furnished with fully equipped kitchens. There are laundry facilities on site or in the units at Jamaica Royale. Irons, ironing boards, linens are supplied. Friendly staff awaits you. Just bring your sunscreen. Beach chairs are supplied, AND many condos have beach chairs and beach towels to take down to the beach water edge.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Jamaica Royale Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jamaica Royale Condominiums Hotel Siesta Key
- Jamaica Royale Condominiums Siesta Key, Florida