“Amazing short stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Siesta Key
Austin, Texas
“Amazing short stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here in August for 2 days (only one night) but i cannot wait to have the opportunity to go back for a longer stay.

Our room was perfect for a stay of 5-7 days. Clean room and very spacious. There was a kitchenette with big fridge, cooker and coffee maker.

I am not sure if we just got lucky but our room was literally about 50 yards from the sand. The beach was beautiful with the typical fine powdery white sand. (The kind that doesnt all stick to your toes:)

There are a few restaurants within walking distance although we didn't try any as we went into the main town of Siesta Keys for breakfast and dinner. There are plenty of good restaurants to choose from.

I think our room was a little under $150 for the night and I thought this was great value. The property has a decent swimming pool but with the beach being so close we didn't need to use it.

I would highly recommend this resort and look forward to re-visiting next time in the Orlando or Tampa area.

Room Tip: Ask for the batch of rooms that are closest to the Beach.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Five stars. Okay, not five stars as in Ritz Carlton, but five huge stars for this price point. Totally exceeded my expectations and the only negative thing I could come up with was that the bath towels could be fluffier. That's it. Everything else was great.
Stayed just one night as it was a quick business trip and it felt like it was a 18 hour vacation. Check in was quick and friendly, the grounds were pleasantly landscaped and the room (corner studio) was inviting with a bistro table and chairs outside the door. Clean, comfortable and full kitchen, including dishwasher. 2 minute walk to one of the best beaches ever, complete with sunset, warm water and super soft sand. I saw a pool that was being used and a cute BBQ area nearby.
Several restaurants and grocery store within walking distance. The weather was awesome, 80's well into the night. It felt like a great place for families or couples to come to for their summer vacation. Very quiet area, too.
I live on the west coast and was considering a trip to Hawaii, but now I'm thinking about a vacation to Siesta Key!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for a long weekend trip. Room was very nice and clean. Enjoyed having a mini kitchen in the room. The resort is within walking distance to the beach and it is private. It was a plus that the beach was not overly crowded. The staff was very friendly. They had towels available to be used for the beach or pool. The resort also had movies you could check out and DVD players in the rooms. The only negative thing I could say is we could hear our neighbors in the next room several times. Beyond that however it was a great experience. It was located also down the road from a few restaurants which made it an easy walk. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was ok, bathroom was really small. I was impressed by the staff. My husband left an expensive piece of equipment in our room after we checked out. They called us within 10 minutes of our departure to let us know. Very nice!

• Stayed August 2014
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a great place to stay! The hotel is clean, comfortable and reasonable with beautiful landscaping, friendly staff and very nicely appointed rooms. An important factor for me (having experienced the opposite too many times!) is how quite and peaceful the resort is. A short walk down a lovely path takes you to the beautiful, white sands of Siesta Key - what more could you ask for?

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the third time my significant other and I have stayed at Tropical Beach Resorts in Siesta Key, FL and it continues to exceed every possible expectation. The rooms are clean, the kitchen comes stocked with all the necessary utensils, the property is lush and beautiful, there are gas grills available for use at no additional charge, and of course the beach at Siesta Key is hands down the most beautiful beach I have seen outside of Puerto Rico. One tip for smokers, while each room is smoke free, each room comes with a patio table, two chairs, and an ashtray so you can chill and smoke outside your room.

If you are looking for a place to stay in Siesta Key, go make your reservation immediately at any of the three properties owned by Tropical Beach Resorts: Tropical Sun, Tropical Shores, or Sarasea. Check out my other reviews from my trip to Siesta Key for my opinion on some places to eat in the area. One that I want to point out that is a short drive from Tropical Beach Resorts is Sofrito Mama's. Sofrito serves up delicious Puerto Rican food and I promise you that you will not be disappointed if you take the time to check it out while vacationing in Siesta Key/Sarasota.

Room Tip: While each room is smoke free, each room comes with a patio table, two chairs, and an ashtray so you...
Dallas-Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for a few days during the week at a competitive rate. When I phoned the office to make the reservation, the staff not only matched the Expedia rate, but also provided lots of useful information (for example, regarding airports, etc.). The attention of the staff continued once we we arrived. We were upgraded to a renovated king efficiency, complete with a complimentary bottle of wine and fresh flowers. This resort consolidates three older motels, which are now fitted with modern amenities such as central AC and granite-counter/stainless appliance kitchens, but still retain a motel ambiance (a plus for some, a negative for other people). The grounds are compact and well maintained; the walk to the beach is only minutes away. Chairs and towels are provided, and the rooms are cleaned daily. Yoga on the beach was very much welcome. By no fault of this resort, the beach was a disappointment of sorts to me (see related review). That said, had I paid full price for the room (ca. $300/night on weekends even in August), I would have been even more disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropical Shores Beach Resort? Share your experiences!