We just returned from a 4 night stay with our 2 kids (3 yrs & 10 mos). This was our 2nd time staying at Sara Sea - Dh & I stayed here about 5 yrs ago & loved it & said we would always return w/ our kids someday. We decided on the Sara Sea property to be closest to the beach. We had a boutique room with a king size bed: the room itself was sufficient for us (they even had a high chair & pack n play for the baby which was great!) and the small kitchen w/ coffee maker, toaster & microwave was enough for us. But the only big negative was the size of the bathroom - it is a really tight squeeze to even get to the toilet. The shower is very nice & updated (no bathtub - just a stall) - but it really is very very small. If we return I would opt for staying at the Tropical Shores property to have a bigger bathroom next time. The entire property is very well kept & maintained - beautiful palm trees, grills & chairs to sit outside.
The beach is so close - only about a 3 min walk or so, and the umbrella/chair rental is very convenient also. The resort has a huge box of sand toys for the kids to use which was also great. The beach is so beautiful here - soft white sand and very shallow - great for small children. We met many nice people staying nearby on the beach. The evening sunsets are gorgeous & the kids loved it too.
As for food - we got pizza one night from Solzanos (very good!!!) and some fish plates & sandwiches from the Big Water Fish Market just across the street from the resort (you can call ahead & get take out, or eat there) - the snapper was delicious & very fresh.
The resort staff was very helpful in giving tips for local attractions & if we needed extra towels or early housekeeping they were also very accommodating with this.
The only complaint really was that our last day they were cutting and sawing down palm trees in the little park area all.day.long... and it was very loud - we couldn't even really enjoy the pool that day. But the hotel management said it was the association surrounding the property - not their doing - but it was quite annoying & loud - too bad it just happened to be when we were there.
We will definitely be returning to Siesta Key - for us it's the most beautiful beach we've been to in Florida. We miss the nice warm weather already! =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Beach Resorts is one of the premiere Siesta Key hotels where you can enjoy your vacation at the #1 beach in the USA! Gently rolling waves, sun-drenched sand and spectacular sunsets... This is paradise, and it's called Siesta Key. T's truly the land of flowers and they bloom in a rainbow of colors. Home to exotic sea creatures, a lively village of friendly folks and some of the world's top-rated beaches, Siesta Key boasts Tropical Beach Resorts: a comfortable, yet stylish collection of properties just a short walk from Siesta's shores. The rooms at Tropical Beach Resorts are white-glove clean, feature 32" flat screen TVs and either double, queen or king-sized beds with fluffy white duvets. Most include a sleeper sofa and fully appointed kitchens. While none of the units overlook the gulf, they each offer a colorful garden view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tropical Beach Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Shores Beach Hotel Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Resort Siesta Key
- Tropical Beach Resorts Siesta Key, Florida