“Perfect (almost)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Beach Resorts

You added Tropical Beach Resorts to your Saves list
Tropical Beach Resorts
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6717 Sara Sea Circle, Siesta Key, FL 34242 (Formerly Tropical Shores Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Siesta Key
Portland, ME
“Perfect (almost)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Just spent 5 nights at TSR on Siesta Key. Great location, just south of the traffic mess at the bridge to Sarasota. Restaurants, bars & groceries are within walking distance. TSR isn't technically on the beach but it's a very short walk. Beach chairs (nice touch) & towels for the asking. Nice grounds with a pool even though there are many properties packed together. Nice modern clean quiet room with a full kitchen. Very friendly staff. The "almost"? Extremely small bathroom (but very nice). Limited closet space. No private outdoor space with the room (Sorry, I don't like relaxing with a glass of wine by a parking lot). Here's the best recommendation I can give any property: we'd go back & without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
New Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This property is just lovely. We stayed in the sundeck studio room and we were very pleased. The staff was great, very helpful with any questions you had or any requests. The beach is just a few steps away and the sand is just as described. So soft and just like sugar. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Sundeck room was perfect because the deck was there for your use and the room was upgraded and very...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Farmington Hills, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I am primarily a business traveler, pay for my own expenses, so what I think of a hotel might be a little different than a tourist.

I read other reviews and guess for the most part they are correct. The one thing that I feel is slightly misleading is to call this a resort. The rooms are very nice but understand this is a drive up to the door hotel,

Rooms were well appointed, the kitchenette was a real plus, and daily the room was cleaned perfectly. Bed was very soft, not what I like, but I am sure it works for most people. Very nice bath but with the roughest feeling towels I have had in a long time. I am sure the towels are a result of the hard water they have to use.

Staff could not have been nicer and accommodating. We were in a street facing room, with a small pool outside our door. There was street noise but nothing terrible. There was a larger pool located in the center of the property, which was also nice.

The Gulf was about a 3 minute, direct walk from our room, it was behind the hotel. It was just as described but because of where the hotel is located and especially our room, one had no idea that the Gulf even existed.Parking is limited, we came back one night about 11:30, found no room except for one space, unlike our room, this one turned out to be a dedicated space for a room.

Bottom line; was the hotel as described yes, I was happy but not thrilled at the high in-season rate I paid. Would I go back to Siesta Key, probably but would pay a little more for a real Gulf view.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Let's begin with the fact that this is a motel, not a glamorous resort! It consists of a few buildings with motel size efficiencies, outdoor entrances, two small pools, outdoor sitting areas and a short walk to the beach. That being said, it is very clean, staff is very friendly, very accommodating, and quiet.
My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend. When we got our room, it was so small, that we banged into each other. We requested a larger room, and they went out of their way to find us one, but we would have had to switch after the next day, so chose not to take it. We reworked the table and chairs in the room we had and put my husband's suitcase in the bathroom on the floor next to the shower. The room has all the kitchen necessities. The bed was pretty comfy, the towels were paper thin as was the toilet paper and kleenex. The shower was large with a prickly kind of flow. Chairs are provided for the beach, as are tiny beach towels. The beach is beautiful, but crowded when we were there. It really is a different place then we usually stay at, but it was very peaceful! It is nice to be treated so nice! I do think if we come back to Siesta Key, I would book here again. I would just upgrade from the Hideaway size room to the next size.

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We only spent one night, but wish we could have spent a couple additional nights. We were in a room facing the front of the property and a very nice, quiet pool. The room was very nice, updated and clean. Although we didn't use the kitchen, the room came equipped with a refrigerator and stove. The private beach was only a short walk from the hotel and there were umbrellas and beach chairs available to rent. There are lots of great places to eat on Siesta Key. We drove to the village and ate at the Lobster Pot- delicious. We brought our bikes, so rode to the village, about a 3 mile trip, for breakfast. SKOB serves complimentary bloody marys with breakfast. Tropical Shores is at the south side of the key and easily accessed by the south bridge. We look forward to getting some friends to join us here again this summer!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are very quiet if you're looking for a couples, relaxing weekend.
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Would highly recommend a stay here. Our room was very modern, spacious, clean, and comfortable. Kitchen had tools, dishes, very nice appliances, and most everything you'd need for cooking. Included a dining area with table. Bathroom was very nice, and they participate in a program that sends leftover complimentary soap/shampoo for use in underserved world communities, which was a nice bonus. We enjoyed being able to grill on a nice community gas grill, dining at the nearby umbrella tables. The area is covered in tall palm trees and surrounded by lush vegetation, making it truly feel like you're tucked away in the beauty. The beach is just down a short walking path. The beach was not very busy while we were there. Definitely wasn't a 'spring break' atmosphere--much more calm. Good shelling! Free beach towel use and chair use (some have mentioned having to rent them, but we didn't have to pay). There are a couple other related motels on the same grounds, and we enjoyed walking the loop around them, taking in the nature and landscaping, the festive strings of lights decorating some areas, a small fountain, etc. Would definitely stay again if in the area. I was very surprised how wonderful it was given how little we paid compared to other resorts we'd looked up. A great value, and an even better time.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

To start with, yes, I will stay there again! The staff is very friendly, welcoming and the amenities are above what I would expect. There is plenty to do on the grounds such as the heated pool (85 deg during our stay), shuffleboard every night was a huge favorite and of course, the beach access with chair/umbrella rental. The grounds are very well maintained and relaxing with many areas to rest, grill out, etc. There are several restaurants within walking distance and the village is an easy 'free' cab away (we tipped $5pp) and worth it as parking is a nightmare down there! We stayed in #128 which gave 3 adults and two kids (8&6) enough room. The cons were only a few but notable: we had little black ants under the sink. I mentioned it to the desk who thanked me for bringing it up and would get someone on it. They seemed to persist during our stay and most likely due to housekeeping that did not include wiping tables or countertops. They did however make the beds and restocked clean towels early in the day. The other issue was the windows. The window in the bedroom was closed but unlocked. When I locked it, it would not stay locked until I wedged some paper in the lock to make it stick. The window on the front of the room could not close enough in order to lock at all. I used a small attachable lock that I found in the room and told the desk as well. Probably something that needs to be updated sooner than later. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
3.0 of 5 stars 352 reviews
Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach

Been to Tropical Beach Resorts? Share your experiences!