We needed a place to stay for 3 nights while we surprised my sister for a significant birthday. Our very late arrival was not a problem for the office staff. They informed me that they would leave a packet in the mailbox at the check-in office for us and we could then complete our check-in when we woke up in the morning. We had booked the room through American Express and when I checked in I was informed that there was an $11.22/day additional charge since the booking was through Orbitz. My wife was aware of this.
The grounds are well maintained with nice flowers and the staff were all very friendly. Our room was a small mini-efficiency that was sufficient for our short stay. It had a king sized bed, bar height table with two stools, chest of drawers, compact refrigerator, sink, microwave and electric stovetop. The bathroom had a corner shower (no tub), sink and toilet. You could tell that the room was an older room by the age of some of the fixtures, but it was kept clean. The bed was comfortable but was also the best place to see the flat screen TV unless you turned it toward the high-top table. The TV system included a dvd player. Free Wi-Fi was also available. While the room had a coffee maker and packets of coffee, there was also free coffee available in the front desk. We did not take advantage of the swiming pool. A dedicated parking space is provided in front of your room.
The location is good since it is just a few minutes walk to the beach. It is also close to the southern most bridge from Siesta Key to the mainland, so there is less traffic than at the northern bridge by the town center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Beach Resorts is one of the premiere Siesta Key hotels where you can enjoy your vacation at the #1 beach in the USA! Gently rolling waves, sun-drenched sand and spectacular sunsets... This is paradise, and it's called Siesta Key. T's truly the land of flowers and they bloom in a rainbow of colors. Home to exotic sea creatures, a lively village of friendly folks and some of the world's top-rated beaches, Siesta Key boasts Tropical Beach Resorts: a comfortable, yet stylish collection of properties just a short walk from Siesta's shores. The rooms at Tropical Beach Resorts are white-glove clean, feature 32" flat screen TVs and either double, queen or king-sized beds with fluffy white duvets. Most include a sleeper sofa and fully appointed kitchens. While none of the units overlook the gulf, they each offer a colorful garden view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Tropical Beach Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Shores Beach Hotel Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Resort Siesta Key
- Tropical Beach Resorts Siesta Key, Florida