“Family from Ohio” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Beach Resorts

You added Tropical Beach Resorts to your Saves list
Tropical Beach Resorts
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6717 Sara Sea Circle, Siesta Key, FL 34242 (Formerly Tropical Shores Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Siesta Key
Harrod, Ohio
“Family from Ohio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Trust me if you want a relaxing vacation this is it. The grounds of this resort is outstanding, palm trees and a shell pathway through the resort. We have three girls and we just went to Destin Last year and spent 400 a night place was ok, but was a complicated resort. The tropical shores was simple with great management. For example, the maintenance man ask me if I wanted a ride to the laundry and I told him it was my birthday. I did not think much of it but he told management and they sent a bottle of wine to my room. The 400 dollar resorts would never do that. The walk to the beach was not bad I was worried if I would like that or not but the walk is mainly through a lighted lush garden. I have little girls from 4 to 10 and they never complained they actually liked it because the path is made of small shells. We love it and I have went to vacations in Aruba, Mexico, Myrtle Beach, St Pete Beach, Daytona Beach, and I am ready to go back to this resort. It gave me the old florida feel that I enjoyed as a kid before the big high rises took over.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is my third time at the Tropical beach resorts and have really enjoyed each and every one of them. It is a clean well maintained resort. They pay attention to the details. If I had to find a negative it would be that the pillows are too hard and there always seem to be someone using a noisy leaf blower.
Excellent housekeeping.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I visit Siesta Key once or twice every year. I usually rent a condo, or house at a diffrent spot each time. However this year I tried Tropical Shores because of the great rate I found. It turned out to be my favorite place so far! It's just a couple steps to the beach first off. You can walk down to the public section of Siesta Key in 5 mins...I did a couple times.
We stayed in a 2 Bdrm unit; it had a fully equipt kitchen with updated appliances. Both rooms had closets (u would be surprised), nice TVs with cabel, & beds super comfy.
The property itself is super cute with little tiki areas & a pool. Shared grill areas & a little patio set out front our door. I did free yoga on the beach that they offer & it was beautiful. The front desk staff was very helpful, & pleasant, & house keeping was everyday.
One thing I found particularly nice was they had lay down beach chairs available for all guests & beach towel sign out so I didn't have to buy that stuff when I got there.
We took the free Johnny Cab (the front desk told us about) to the village shopping area a few times, & also to Captain Curts (which has an outside bar open till 2:00 thank you) Trust me if you're a night owl like me, you'll need that info lol.
Anyway, all in all I really think I get the best bang 4 my buck at Tropical Shores. It had the little details that make cross country, & seasonal travel easier. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tropical Beach section, and it was very nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Frankfort, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We returned to Tropical Shores in October 2012. We stayed in a queen Hideaway at the SaraSea.
As usual, everyone and most everything was great. The only thing I would say that was not as good as the first time we were there was the quality of the bed. It was rather soft and not super comfortable. The location in relationship to the beach was wonderful. We love relaxing at Cresent Beach. The staff is great and always more than helpful. When we return again, and we will, I think I would prefer to stay at the Tropical Shores in a deluxe efficiency. That is where we stayed the first time when we visited in Jan. 2012. It was really enjoyable. Thanks for your continuing hospitality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tr0picalSun, General Manager at Tropical Beach Resorts, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your recent stay at Tropical Beach Resorts. We truly appreciate the compliments you shared about our team and the property. We also want to thank you for letting us know you we're concerned about the bed being soft. The beds are almost new but it was changed out by our manufacture after this review was read. There was a defect and we really appreciate you letting us know. We also want to ensure our guests that if something is not perfect.. We will correct it right away! We want your experience to be perfect! We are always listening and striving to exceed your expectations!
Palmetto, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

im so impressed of how clean every was from the inside of the rooms to the grounds. all the employees were so helpful and nice give this resort 10 stars also the beds were confortable it seemed like anything you needed was taken care of just by asking management.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tr0picalSun, General Manager at Tropical Beach Resorts, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to let us know you had a great time staying with us! We hope to see you in the future! On behalf of everyone at Tropical Beach Resorts.. Happy Holiday's!
Saratoga Springs, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Wife and I arrived mid-week for a six day stay. Everything was as advertised -- place was neat and clean. Good location with small grocery and a few restaurants within walking distance. Paid about $100 per night via booking.com, which was reasonable given the location and local market. Friendly staff. All in all highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tr0picalSun, General Manager at Tropical Beach Resorts, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thanks for the great review! We sure appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again this year! We truly appreciate your positive feedback and support and will also strive to exceed your expectations and make your stay on Siesta Key extra special!!
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I decided to come here to celebrate our anniversary. We'd taken a very early morning flight so we were really looking forward to taking an afternoon nap and then going out to celebrate. No sooner had our heads hit the pillow, then the landscaping started. There was a crew with CHAINSAWS right outside our room. After listening to this for well over an hour, I finally called the front desk to complain. The front desk basically told me to deal with it. They assured me it would be over soon. After another hour, I called back. Again, no help whatsoever. Finally, out of desperation, I sent an email to a manager on the hotel paperwork. Ultimately, the chainsaws and leafblowers went on for hours. By 5pm (after about 3 + hours), we couldn't take it any more and we left the room--exahuasted. I can't stress how loud and obnoxious this was. This was made worse by the fact that when I made the reservations, I specifically asked for the quietest room possible. They assured me they could handle the request. Ummm, not.

Eventually, I did receive an email from a manager who said I could stop by the office before 9pm. I'm not sure why, I clearly explained the problem? She offered us champagne(?--we never got that) and offered to help us find another room at another resort. I didn't get the email until several hours later and by then it was well past 9pm. She never followed up. Quite frankly, I didn't want to have to chase her down again. This was supposed to be our vacation. I wanted to leave immediately; however, my husband didn't want to pack up and try to find another place. We ended up staying a few more nights. We did hear the chainsaws sporadically, but we were determined to make the best of things and just started spending the day away from the "resort".

Also: this hotel is not what I'd call a resort. True, there's a pool. However, this hotel is in very crowded area so there isn't really a whole lot of privacy or peacefulness. You're basically walking through a parking lot to get to the narrow brick-laid and palm-tree lined path that leads to the beach. Way more blacktop than palm trees.

Another issue is that this place is set up like a strip motel. When we looked at the website, we thought we'd be able to open the large picture window and see a beautiful view (referring the Destination room here). However, the "view" is actually parking spaces. Needless to say, the blinds stayed shut.

The beach: this place boasts a private beach. However, this beach is shared with other resorts. This area would be to your left when you walk down the path. Very small and geographically limited--it's at the very end of the beach. To your right, the beach belongs to Beach Club and they stake their section with chairs and umbrellas that are already set up and only available to their guests. The end result is a very cramped beach. Also, of note is the fact this section of the beach is definitely rockier and not as soft as Siesta Beach. We love to walk on the beach and this section actually hurts your feet because of the shells/rocks. Think of it more Sanibel-like as opposed to Siesta Key.

My final suggestion: Skip this resort. If you want to stay on Crescent Beach, go to Crescent Towers and get a room beach-side. Much, much better location (actually on the beach) and much bigger section of beach.

If you do go with this resort: be sure to ask about landscaping. Seriously. The chainsaws and leaf blowers will drive you mad! Also, be sure to visit Siesta Key public beach. It's only a short drive away and worth it. The beach is much, much bigger and has the absolutely delightful sand that you're looking for.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Siesta Key
3.0 of 5 stars 353 reviews
Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach

Been to Tropical Beach Resorts? Share your experiences!