“Simply Sensational!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: South American, Spanish, Tapas, Central American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Reservations recommended for groups of 5 or more. Sangria Happy Hours daily. Made from scratch tapas, entrees, desserts, and drinks. Known for our Sangria, Paella, Pastelone, Mahi, Salmon, Lechon, Ropa Vieja, Carne Asada, Quinoa Croquetas, Empanadas, Flan de Coco, Tres Leches. Your PASSPORT TO LATIN CUISINE -- our menu represents several Latin countries from Spain and Portugal to throughout the Americas. We are not a Mexican Restaurant. Ask you server about "PROJECT ATTICUS" and "1 in 8 For BREAST CANCER AWARENESS". Children's plates $7.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Simply Sensational!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have always been a fan of latin food, but Senor Siesta has given it a new dimension. From the moment I walked in with my family, we received a warm welcome from the owners and were seated at a colorful table outdoors. I started with a glass of sangria which was very refreshing. While reviewing the menu, I was impressed by the wide variety of latin foods. There is something for everyone, whether you prefer something on the lighter side or a meaty dish. I decided to try the mahi mahi over a bed of rice. The fish was perfectly seasoned and cooked just to my liking, not to mention it was very fresh. The rice was also very flavorful and was a good companion to the mahi mahi. I loved everything that I tried and I highly recommend visiting this restaurant! Between the food and the friendliness of the staff, it was an incredible and memorable dining experience. I can't wait to go back and try something new!

• Visited April 2014

Asheville, North Carolina
“WOW I'm still dreaming about this meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

So glad we visited this little spot. Our waitress was super friendly and very knowledgable about the menu and made recommendations not just for us but our kids. They don't really have a "kids menu" but our waitress said they would be more than happy to make them a spaghetti type pasta dish and even offered two additional options for our little tykes. The whole meal we were treated like royalty. The food was right on, everything tasted fresh and was full of flavor. I had the pastelon and I'm still dreaming about it. We also tried some of their natural juice chooses and it was a celebration on taste! We would love to visit again!

Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Fantastic Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the welcoming atmosphere that was present. The chef/owner couldn't have been friendlier and informative about the menu. Our waiter, Bernie, was pleasant, cordial and helpful. We enjoyed sitting on the patio. Now the food - it's difficult to put into words how delicious our dinner was. We ordered the seafood paella and thought it was so flavorful. In addition, the portions were plentiful. The owner asked us if we had room for dessert. Before we could fully answer he graciously offered us a complimentary dessert. It was the yucca dessert (with ice cream), enyucado. We never tasted yucca before. Wow, was it simply delicious. We sincerely hope that your restauant continues to grow in popularity. We highly recommend your dining at Senor Siesta. Marian

Sterling, Virginia
“Perfect last meal in siesta key”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We came here on a Saturday night and it was dead. My boyfriend almost refused to enter because he thought the emptiness was a bad sign. I had read reviews on here so I was adamant that we try it out. Needless to say we had a personal, private, dining experience. But thanks to our awesome waitress it was anything but dull. She was chatty, friendly, and attentive. The sangria was bogo (buy one get one free), so for $14 we had our fill with 4 glasses. For an app she recommended the fried cod fish and it was awesome. I ordered carne asada with coconut rice and he ordered beef brisket, both dishes were delicious and very fresh. I asked for my carne asada to be cooked med rare and the chef came out later to make sure he cooked it right for me. For dessert we tried the flan and if you're a coconut lover you will enjoy. And thank you for the free dessert. My boyfriend was glad we went.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SenorSiestaSrq, General Manager at Senor Siesta, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Well, we are happy you were adamant and, more importantly, that you enjoyed your experience and the food and drink and service at Senor Siesta. Truth be told, other than those who know us, 90% of Siesta Village diners park their cars in the Village Plaza parking lot and then walk over to one of the other Village restaurants or drinking establishments. Sometimes we find ourselves serving only a single table; other times we are jammed. Either way, everything we serve is made from scratch and to order (except the beer and wine of course). Our Sangria is based off of a recipe from Spain. The Bacalhau is Portuguese in origin. The Carne Asada and Coconut Rice with Beans are from countries in Central America and the Caribbean. The shredded beef brisket, aka Ropa Vieja, is Cuban-derived but we cook the meat slowly in a tomato broth for tenderness with fresh ingredients including rosemary and thyme for added flavor. Start to finish, it takes nearly 6-7 hours. The Coconut Flan is Xio’s recipe passed down through her family. It and her Tres Leches are Senor Siesta dessert fan favorites, but our Colombian-based Enyucado with its Guava Sauce drizzle and Coconut Ice Cream has become a close 3rd place! Thanks again for checking us out.
Chicago, Illinois
“Yummy . . . . unique flavor combinations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This restaurant is definitely worth a visit. We were all pleasantly surprised. Everything was so good -- definitely a unique dining experience. We had mahi mahi, carne asada, salmon, tapas -- all very fresh and cooked perfectly. Loved that saffron rice and tender/crisp vegetables.