“Great choice on Siesta Key” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: South American, Spanish, Tapas, Central American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Reservations recommended for groups of 5 or more. Sangria Happy Hours daily. Made from scratch tapas, entrees, desserts, and drinks. Known for our Sangria, Paella, Pastelone, Mahi, Salmon, Lechon, Ropa Vieja, Carne Asada, Quinoa Croquetas, Empanadas, Flan de Coco, Tres Leches. Your PASSPORT TO LATIN CUISINE -- our menu represents several Latin countries from Spain and Portugal to throughout the Americas. We are not a Mexican Restaurant. Ask you server about "PROJECT ATTICUS" and "1 in 8 For BREAST CANCER AWARENESS". Children's plates $7.
Holland, Ohio, United States
“Great choice on Siesta Key”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stumbled on Senor Siesta while looking for dinner after watching the sunset on Siesta Key. It was a great find...the staff was attentive, the menu interesting, and the food delicious. Take a chance and drive just past the usual suspects in Siesta Village.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

minnesota
“Trying hard to please you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

*The food is made from scratch, not heat & eat. Delicious.
*Semi-small portions for the price.
*Waitress truly wanted to please us and was happy to see us enjoying our meal. Very attentive.
*A bit disappointed with the tres leches cake. Tasted delicious but expected it to be more than 1 inch high.

Visited October 2013
Barcelona, Spain
“beautiful food and outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

A taste of home in Florida, from the genuinely friendly service to the hearty, truly latin food with worthy personal touches

I should start by saying I am a vegetarian and all entrees on the menu were meat based, as were most of the tapas. Then I should probably add I left well satisfied and with a smile on my face. Thanks to the willingness of the waitress and owner (and, presumably, the kitchen staff) I was offered a fantastic meal with more than enough quantity and variety to satiate my (voracious but selective) appetite. My two meat-eating companions were also impressed.

Whether you eat meat or not do not leave without trying the black bean soup...

Also, ask for the homemade deserts... I'm sure the ice creams are great but the owner rightfully takes a lot of pride on her tres leches and flan that certainly beat any I've had outside of my grandmother's kitchen.

All in all a lovely, unpretentious restaurant, perfect casual dinning.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bogota
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Señor siesta has a very varied and interesting menu, combining Latin, Spanish and even Portuguese food. The food is excellent and so is the service.

Visited October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“GREAT FOOD AND A SOUVENIR TUMBLER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We saw Senor Siesta's pink Menus in the Chamber of Commerce. The volunteers told us the food was superb so we checked it out last night. We tried the Senor Siesta pink lemonades for breast cancer awareness. Possibly the best pink lemonade I've had in years. I had the chorizo cream sauce pasta with shrimp and scallops. My friend Mandi had the ropa vieja. We did a little sharing and both dishes were very flavorful. We also learned that Senor Siesta is donating $1 in $8 to breast cancer awareness cause this month. Nice job (and we took home 2 souvenir tumblers)!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere