“Fabulous Fried Shrimp!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 35 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located on Siesta Key in beautiful Sarasota, we bring you the finest tastes of New England. Enjoy a delightful dining experience in our main dining room or our patio. As winners of "Taste of Sarasota," we still carry on the New England tradition of excellence. While here we hope you'll enjoy your "Old Cape Cod" and Florida dining experience! We purchase fresh seafood daily from only the finest fisherman in our native areas and also Florida. All of our live lobsters are from Bar Harbor and Boothbay Maine. While specializing in New England seafood and of course lobster, we also offer local seafood, steaks, chops, chicken, pasta and salads. Several of our recipes have been passed down from the owner’s family including our award winning signature baked stuffed lobster duchess, which is oven-baked Maine lobster stuffed with chunky seafood. Also using family recipes are our terrific homemade soups, including lobster bisque, New England clam chowder and the wonderful Portuguese kale soup.
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Fabulous Fried Shrimp!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

After many years of wondering if this place was worth trying, we finally gave in. My meal of fried shrimp, mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables was awesome! I truly believe it is the best shrimp I have ever had. Our server was just delightful and very attentive to our needs. The Lobster Pot will go on our "must eat here" list, as we visit the area every October. Don't wait as long as we did to try this wonderful restaurant!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at Lobster Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review, Annie. "I truly believe it is the best shrimp I have ever had"—that's quite the compliment! I appreciate the encouraging words and look forward to seeing you next October!

All the best,

Tony
Owner

Elora, Canada
“A Big Surprise - Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had no expectations, no actually, I had low expectations when we entered this restaurant. It comes across as one of those "fresh seafood" dives until you actually taste the food. It is located in an area where people are looking for the "seniors discount" so I had my doubts. First of all our waitress, Vera, was excellent. She was informative and very attentive without being cloying. I watched as she circled her tables without saying a word unless she saw an empty glass or received a signal from one of her customers. We ordered the lobster bisque "with chunks" and it was excellent - although more cream than I would personally like (while attempting to calorie watch!) We then ordered the twin lobster tail entree to share. There was a $3.00 surcharge but it was worth it as they plated it twice, with the sides on both plates. The lobster was perfectly cooked. The cole slaw was home-made and not swimming in mayonnaise as is so often the case. I was so impressed I asked to speak to the manager and he was very appreciative and very concerned to hear our opinions. We will be back very soon and will ask for Vera!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Port, Florida
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Four different meals, all excellent. Lobster bisque is very special. Miss the cream boule they used to serve - only disappointment.

Florida
“Best Lobster Roll in Sarasota!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I always get the fried Ipswitch clams when I come here. They are just like the kind you'd find in New England....tender whole bellies, fried in a delicate batter....YUM!
Ok, so that's MY favorite! But everytime my BFF comes to town, she orders a lobster roll and scoffs it down before I can get a bite. This time I DID get a bite, and WOW....big, chunky, whole pieces of a FRESH lobster! Not lobster salad like I've had in other seafood places. If it impressed me, it will impress you! So FRESH....great seafood! The spicy scallops, mussels, steamed clams, and peel and eat shrimp are all great too! I've been coming here for years as a local, and bring all my visitors here too. This is my favorite seafood restaurant on Siesta Key and probably all of Sarasota. Enjoy!

Visited October 2013
Vevey, Switzerland
“good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Excellent sea food. Children menu could be improved with addition of salad of veggetable. Vine ordinary.

Visited October 2013