“Good food but expensive.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 35 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located on Siesta Key in beautiful Sarasota, we bring you the finest tastes of New England. Enjoy a delightful dining experience in our main dining room or our patio. As winners of "Taste of Sarasota," we still carry on the New England tradition of excellence. While here we hope you'll enjoy your "Old Cape Cod" and Florida dining experience! We purchase fresh seafood daily from only the finest fisherman in our native areas and also Florida. All of our live lobsters are from Bar Harbor and Boothbay Maine. While specializing in New England seafood and of course lobster, we also offer local seafood, steaks, chops, chicken, pasta and salads. Several of our recipes have been passed down from the owner’s family including our award winning signature baked stuffed lobster duchess, which is oven-baked Maine lobster stuffed with chunky seafood. Also using family recipes are our terrific homemade soups, including lobster bisque, New England clam chowder and the wonderful Portuguese kale soup.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good food but expensive.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The food was very good but also very expensive. Free valet parking. We sat by the open front windows which was fun. Traffic isn't too loud so it was like eating outside.

Visited January 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Very Accomodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I called the Lobster Pot to make a reservation and they initially told me they didn't take them for small groups. Once I told them, though, I was going to be with my Grandma, they were so nice and helpful in ensuring we'd have a table straight away.

It's not the worst place for a vegetarian. I had a good pasta that was tasty. It was giant, too, so I was able to bring some home. But, the main attraction, as you can guess, is the lobster. My boyfriend had both the bisque and the stuffed lobster and loved every bite.

It's a teeny place, so go early unless you don't mind waiting. Great bread too!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montego Bay, Jamaica
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went on a Sunday night at 515 pm we had a very good waitress we were seated right away the food was awesome! My husband had the seafood Portugal he loved it and it was huge. I highly recommend the sangria it was only $3 per glass. My father in law had the lobster ravioli and he really enjoyed it but it was $31 but it also comes with a lobster tail. The place is casual and a little on the smaller side. Would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mberga25
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went there with a group of nine girls. Everyone had a great meal. Service was excellent. Definitely a must!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Freeport, Maine
“Fish is delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This place appears to be nondescript, but let me tell you, the food is delicious! I have had the crab filled shrimp and the fried cod. The best cod, I have ever eaten. I highly recommend the Lobster Pot in Siesta Village.

Visited January 2013