“Get the Blackened Mahi Sandwich!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on Siesta Key in beautiful Sarasota, we bring you the finest tastes of New England. Enjoy a delightful dining experience in our main dining room or our patio. As winners of "Taste of Sarasota," we still carry on the New England tradition of excellence. While here we hope you'll enjoy your "Old Cape Cod" and Florida dining experience! We purchase fresh seafood daily from only the finest fisherman in our native areas and also Florida. All of our live lobsters are from Bar Harbor and Boothbay Maine. While specializing in New England seafood and of course lobster, we also offer local seafood, steaks, chops, chicken, pasta and salads. Several of our recipes have been passed down from the owner’s family including our award winning signature baked stuffed lobster duchess, which is oven-baked Maine lobster stuffed with chunky seafood. Also using family recipes are our terrific homemade soups, including lobster bisque, New England clam chowder and the wonderful Portuguese kale soup.
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“Get the Blackened Mahi Sandwich!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Cute place on Siesta Key. We came in right off the beach and had a great lunch. Fish was very fresh and perfectly prepared. Very kid friendly too!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Brandon, Florida, United States
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I had our Wedding and Honeymoon at Siesta Key and had a wonderful seafood dinner at the Lobster Pot. James was our waiter and took very good care of us. We will be back and highly recommend as the restaurant was very quaint, quiet and the food was excellent at the Lobster Pot.

Visited September 2012
buffalo
“Best Newburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I eat here every time I am on SK and that is because they have the best lobster newburg anywhere - anywhere in the Country I mean, not just on SK.

My family prefers the porterhouse and king crab. My other half loves the bisque. Cornbread is a side dish, and one you should try for sure.

It is nice too, because over the past few years, we've had the same waitress and seen consistent staff; it's simply nice and comforting and makes vacation feel more like home away from home.

*be sure to adopt a stuffed lobster for $5!

Visited May 2012
Saint Peters, Missouri
“Lobster Pot, Siesta Key, FL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We really liked this place. Excellent service and the food was very good. The price was reasonable for the area.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
charlotte
“Good food and great window view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The food was good and large portions. The restaurant has a big old window and if you can get one of the tables there you could see people from there. I saw a lot of plates from others, I ordered mahi mahi sandwich but I wish I would have order the mahi salad, I saw it pass by and it look gooood.

Visited August 2012