“Best ice cream ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 36 restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: Ice Cream
Dining options: Late Night
Description: At Sub Zero Ice Cream & Yogurt we make your ice cream to order. Start by choosing the liquid that will become your ice cream. We offer Premium Ice Cream, Custard, Low Fat, Yogurt, Lactose Free, Almond (vegan), and No Sugar Added (sweetened with Splenda). Choose one of our 12 Sensations, like Peanut Butter Bonds (Peanut Butter, Fudge, Reese's Cups and Brownie Bites) or Bernoulli Brulee (Caramel, Dulce de Leche, Cinnamon and Vanilla with Twix and English Toffee). Or create your own! With 53 flavors and 32 mix-ins to choose from, the combinations are virtually endless. Finally, watch the fog roll out as we flash freeze it with liquid nitrogen. Nitrogen is nonreactive and comprises 78% of the air in our atmosphere. In liquid form, it is -321 degrees Fahrenheit, and it quickly freezes the cream, boiling off in the process, leaving a very dense, creamy product. No freezer burn. No ice crystals. Try it for yourself!
Rome, NY
“Best ice cream ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stopped in today looking for just a small vanilla ice cream cone. Instead, we entered an ice cream lover's paradise! At first, I though it was somewhat expensive and was going to opt out. So glad we didn't! Delicious and fresh! I had a small dish (which was not really small) of vanilla with coconut flavoring mixed in. Then asked for coconut flakes and almonds on the top. They usually mix it right in, but I wanted the option to take them out if I didn't like the concoction. Could not have been better. Wel worth the money because of freshness, flavor and size of serving.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Traverse City, Michigan
“Awesome Ice Cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

VERY good ice cream. I think some of smoothest, creamiest I've ever had. And of course a unique in interesting way to make it fresh when ordered. Try it you'll like it!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Icecream I have Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I ate here twice on vacation and both times fell in love with how creamy their ice-cream was. The first time I had a small cotton candy ice cream and it was by far the best I have ever had in my lifetime. The flavor was outstanding and the texture/creaminess was above and beyond! I would recommend this place to ANY icecream lovers. <3

Traverse City, Michigan
“BEST ICE CREAM EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Ok...I am not a big ice cream fan however this place surpassed any and all ice creams ever. My daughter became so obsessed that we visited 3 times in just 2 days. What makes this ice cream special is how they make it and quick freeze it...wowsa! The creamiest ever and an amazing array of flavors. Read the history on this place too...it was featured on the ABC reality show Shark Tank... A real success story and best ice cream ever!!! Don't miss it!

Hololulu
“Fun and Different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is not a restaurant, it's an ice cream emporium, but it is a delightful place. The place sits on a side street and is easy to miss, so they have a staff member out on the road offering free samples. The 1/2 block walk was well worth it. The staff is having fun (not just a bunch of college kids going through the motions) and the ice cream--made from scratch as you wait--is unique.

• Visited October 2013