“long weekend” 4 of 5 stars

5960 Midnight Pass Road, Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Mt.Vernon,Il
“long weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This resort, although an older building was very nicely updated. Our unit met all of our needs and offered all the little extras, pillows, blankets,sand toys. The on the beach , was truely on the beach and they would accomidate us for 4 days at our choice, rather than Sat to Sat musts...pricey but worth it.

Room Tip: side units have a limited view and patio's are to the rear.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
We provide those little extras not only as a way to thank you for staying with us, but also to make you feel like you're at a home away from home. I'm just glad you found us so could enjoy the beach during the days that were most convenient for you. Please come back again and enjoy more of the surf, sand and sea. I look forward to seeing you!

All my best,
Shawna Frank, Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

The managers of this property have a policy of charging for any night not used on your reservation inside the 90-day cancellation period so if your flight is delayed by a day due to weather (my circumstance) and you're staying a couple weeks you'll be charged for the night you didn't use.......have stayed at a lot of places all over the world and have never encountered a property with an inflexible policy like that. I understand a penalty if you cancel the reservation but to be charged for a night you didn't use due to a flight delay when you are staying 2 weeks is bad business…..won’t stay there again for that reason.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Shawna F, Other at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I'd never want you to feel like you'd been cheated out of a night with us, Russ, and I am so sorry to hear about your predicament. We are aware that our 90-day cancellation period can be tricky when the weather is a factor. I can understand your frustration, and I apologize if you felt that this was not clearly explained when you booked your stay with us. If you'd like to follow up about this, please don't hesitate to get in touch. I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you had a nice stay in the end.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed in unit 354 Bayside. There is a 3 minute walk to the beach where you have to cross the street - not a issue with the cross walk light. This worked out perfect, we had a charcoal barbeque with family right on the bay with the pool for the children to swim. The resort lets you reserve the grill for a 2 hour period a day. We couldn't have asked for a better setting for a picnic. The condo was clean and plenty of room for two couples or a family. The only suggestion I would give to the resort is to tell people to call the resort number and use the emergency line to check in after hours.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to rent on the Bayside it really is not a long walk to the beach and on the Baysi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
I'm so happy you decided to stay with us during your visit to Sarasota! It sounds like you were able to take advantage of the grill for your picnic — that's such a nice way to enjoy a sunny day. It's great to hear that you had enough room in your unit, and I appreciate your feedback about our phone lines. Come back and see us again soon!

All the best,
San Ramon, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed in Room 21 gulf front tower room.
The good: The views are amazing. We have great views from both bedrooms, lanai, living room and kitchen. You're in the beach within 2 minutes. The beach has white powdery soft sand. It feels like flour. The water was to cold and rough in January.
The bad: The mattress makes this noise everytime you move. No dishwasher soap (hand or machine dish washing) or sponge or paper towel. We've stayed in numerous rental condos and this is the first I've seen lacking these basic items. This is not worth $300 and I've paid the same or even less for a similar sized beach front condo in Hawaii that is much newer and cleaner. The whole building needs updating. The bathrooms in this unit are the only ones updated. The rooms, furnishing, rugs, decor needs to be updated.

• Stayed January 2014
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thanks a ton for bringing this to my attention. I'm very sorry to hear your stay with us was anything shy of perfect, but these are easy problems to fix so I can assure they won't happen again. I'm glad you had an overall enjoyable stay here in Sarasota, and I hope you'll keep us in mind for your next visit — I know we can impress you!

Edmonton Ab Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed here in the tower beach front from jan 16 - 21 2014 in unit 42. We had a room directly facing the beach and gulf of mexico, the condo was everything we needed with a nice open balcony where we could sit and suntan on and watch the beautiful sunsets, the bedroom was huge with plenty of drawer space and had patio doors to go out to the balcony, loved waking up and looking out to see the water right from the king size bed which was very comfy.
The beach and sand was breathtakingly beautiful with plenty of room and lots of beach chairs. The white sand was amazing, so soft, almost like icing sugar. I couldnt stop taking a handfull and feeling it.
We will definately return here and highly recommend it to our friends and family in canada.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I'm so glad you got to escape the cold for a little stay here in Florida! Unit 42 is a great one, and I'm delighted to know you enjoyed it so much. There really isn't anything better than rolling out of bed and looking down at the ocean! I hope you'll keep us in mind for your next trek down south, and thanks again for recommending us to friends and family.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Found unit 23 in the oceanfront condo tower on VRBO. Corresponded with owner by email and made reservation with Club management. We had a wonderful experience, comparable in many ways to stays we have had in Palm Springs, CA area. But oceanfront on Siesta Key trumps the desert in our view. This was an oceanfront unit. Tremendous view of gorgeous beach. Just a few steps from tower entrance to the sand which is as advertised - like sugar. Condo was clean and well appointed. We would stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thanks so much for the terrific feedback, Dave. We think the beach trumps the dessert too! Jokes aside, it's wonderful to know that unit 23 surpassed your expectations, and I truly hope you do choose to stay here again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a week and went to relax. The beach was beautiful! Such a peaceful place. We usually go to Panama City or Destin, but decided to try something new. The condo was very nice and spotless. Only thing I don't like here is that there is no walk out balcony. One whole wall is glass, but the windows only open half way. Other than that everything was better than we expected. We will definitely be back and will stay at The Palm Bay Club.

• Stayed December 2013
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thanks for the terrific review, and for taking the chance to stay somewhere new! I'm so glad you had a wonderful vacation. It's great to know you'll visit us again soon!

Shawna Frank, Assistant General Manager

Been to The Palm Bay Club? Share your experiences!