“Great location, nice condos” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Palm Bay Club to your Saves list
The Palm Bay Club
5960 Midnight Pass Road, Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
“Great location, nice condos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Accesible to all parts of the island, right in front of a beautiful beach, clean, overall nice vacation. Our only complain is the check in time is at 3 (kind of late) and the check out is at 10am (too early) they offer you to stay 2 more hours for $50 additional... No thanks!

• Stayed September 2012
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our property. For future visits, please check in with the office when you first arrive in town; if the unit you have reserved is available, we are more than happy to hand over keys prior to 3pm. In order to make sure each unit is available for the next guest arriving at 3pm, our check out time is 10am. The units are cleaned and inspected between each guest and with over 150 units; every minute counts to ensure the arriving guest has the best possible experience during their stay. I hope you visit with us again soon!

254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Weeki Wachee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here with our family in the Grand Tower in Unit 101. The unit has been updated with an open granite kitchen and nice bathrooms.

The furniture is fairly comfortable and the kitchen well stocked, but the most amazing part of this unit is the full view of the ocean-back and side windows. Lovely. Both bedrooms had full beach view.

I would have rated higher, but there was a little problem with the AC. The back bedroom was freezing cold. Lucky for us, we selected the back room. However, the master bedroom was never cold and my cousins slept with a fan. It was not enough to complain. It was a very hot time of the year, but it did contribute to the only 4 star review.

We would have loved if the colors had been happier in the unit instead of the dull beiges and browns, but understand why it was decorated this way.

Over all, we would highly recommend this beautiful beach and this wonderful location and esp unit 101 in the Grand Tower!

Room Tip: It is costlier, but if you can swing the money, get this room on the tower or another on the same si...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay pre Tropical Storm Isaac! We love hearing positive comments regarding the units, our property, and Siesta Key in general. Sorry to hear your unit had a slight A/C problem. I have had maintenance look at the AC unit and also check all the vents to ensure the air is flowing correctly to all rooms of the unit.
Each unit is individually owned, and each unit is responsible for upgrading and decorating. I have forwarded your review to the owner regarding the AC issue and the observation regarding the color scheme.
We hope to see you again in the near future!
Canal Fulton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

First visit! We stayed for 5 nights, Bayside #303. Our unit was very large, clean and everything worked great. Kitchen was well stocked (except for a lousy spatula) and we cooked daily. Not much a view. The walk to the beach is only 5-10 minutes and no big deal. The pool and hot tub on the bay side is beautiful and much more quiet than the tower and the pool was almost empty the majority of the time. Service from the office staff was great. Take the free golf cart type rides (tip only) to the downtown area where there are some good restaurants. We really liked the Cottage.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and your unit 303! The Bayside units do not have any view of the water, but we do strive to keep the courtyard, as well as the rest of our property, in pristine shape. Glad to hear the Bayside pool & spa were nice and peaceful for your relaxation. I have already asked our housekeeping department to deliver a spatula to the unit, and check for any other missing inventory. We hope to see you back in the near future!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

First time here at Palm Bay Club. Stayed at other resorts before on Siesta Key though. We loved it. We chose one of the more updated 2nd floor 2brd units on the gulf side. It was great for the kids because it was a short walk to the pool or beach. Unit was spacious with a king bed, and two double beds for the kids in the other room. Seemed like it was updated recently. If no complaints from the kids about sleeping arrangements, we are happy. :-) Beach was great, although it had some seaweed from a recent storm. Palm Bay though did a great job of cleaning it. Hats off to the staff. Very friendly at the front desk as well. Overall, much better experience than last year where we stayed at another resort on the key.

Room Tip: Look for an updated room with sufficient beds.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We love hearing that we had new guests on property and that they enjoyed their stay! The Gulfside Club units are indeed great for families that want to divide their time between the beach and pool. Pleased to hear that you, as well as your children, were satisfied with the condo and sleeping arrangements. We appreciate your comments regarding our staff. Most of all thank you for understanding that the aftermath of Tropical Storm Debby is something not only Palm Bay Club is dealing with, but the majority of Siesta Key, as well as the rest of the state. We hope to see you back soon!
Oviedo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have been coming here for over 20 years. We still enjoy the property and most of all the greatest beach in America Crescent Beach in Siesta Key. The Palm Bay club has done a decent job of modernizing and maintaining the property. Don’t expect ultra-modern or high end décor. The Club offers an ocean front “Tower” along with individual apartments on both the gulf and bay side. Bring your own toiletries as no maid service is available. The kitchens are well supplied with the cooking tools; you just need to bring the food and cleaning supplies. Don’t forget the wonderful sunsets.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Not only do we love seeing new guests on property, but repeat guests are just as pleasant. So happy to hear that you are seeing some of the updates that have taken place to the property. We are using our low season to do preventative maintenance along with updates. I am sure you will be impressed once the projects are completed. Ultimately, family time & relaxation are what you come for, and it sounds like we have done our job in helping make this possible. Looking forward to seeing your again and again!
Columbus, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We arrived just at closing but the check-in went smoothly. We were disappointed with the property itself; we were on the ground floor and immediately noticed that the parking spaces were closer to the door than most old-timey motels. However, that was nothing compared to finding out, in this ground floor unit, that the latch on one of the sliding glass doors had been jimmied open, and there was absolutely NO way to secure the dang door! (There was a metal flip-down thingy at the base that could've secured it were it not for the fact that it could not be flipped down due to the other door blocking its passage.) Horrifying discovery, and not a good way to start a stay at all. Called Security (it was after hours) and was told, "I'm the only one on and I can't do anything. The office is closed and maintenance won't be in until Monday." (it was Saturday evening) Wrong answer. I don't often get *really* angry, but this made me go ballistic....and of course my relaxation quotient sank to subterranean levels as my mind started racing with what would be Plan B if the door was not brought to a safe standard by bedtime. I was told, as I pressed for action, that there was no one who could be called. So I was expected to believe that if all the toilets backed up on the weekend, or a grisly crime scene was discovered, it'd have to wait 'til Monday? I had to argue with this guy to get any action on this major safety/security issue, and to me that reflects very poorly on the company attitude toward the customer. But you decide.

Mercifully, the guy called someone or else his 'relief' came in, but one way or another someone came and stuck a 3M product onto the door that resolved the issue. Thankfully, my spouse was there and not I. So next my attention turned to...

Good Lord, we're on the ground floor with windows at eye level and people walking right in front of them...and all there is to protect privacy & modesty are some lousy vertical blinds???!! Would you want your daughter or wife on display to whomever might wander past? We wound up sticking a blanket over the vertical blinds in one of the BRs, and dragged the Jumbo-size folding sunshield in from the car to try and ameliorate the situation in the other BR. Jumbo though it was, it didn't block all the light at all.

This was clearly proven very early the next morning, when dawn began to rise in the bedroom. Bright.

Yup, if you are an early riser, rest assured *nothing* will get in your way at the Palm Bay Club, at least in this particular Bayside unit (363 I think it was). You've got your stimulating light, voices as people walk across your pillow....I mean, walk outside your window, people bouncing around upstairs......I hadn't gotten up so early that many days in a row all summer! The construction of the place seems like it was Cheapo-Depot; plastic doors, that textured wall stuff, large gaps around the entrance door....you get the drift. Just as well that I was up early, given that a dude with a leaf blower was hitting the job hard at roughly 9 a.m. two days in a row.

We were in the beach end of a Bayside unit, which meant we literally had to walk at least 2/3 the width of the Key to get to the dadgum beach!! (Could've been worse: those at the far end get to walk amongst the *entire* width of the Key.) Don't wear any flipflops that'll give you blisters, and if you've got any mobility issues like, say, a strained knee, you'd best forget about it. Never did find the laundry equipment; however, we weren't given a "laundry card" upon check-in like their guest book said would happen, so it's probably just as well. I'm used to vacation condo units w/ in-unit W/Ds; who wants to spend any precious vacation time doing laundry at all, let ALONE have to babysit laundry in a communal laundry facility? Whee!

Elsewise, the stay was ....meh. I can't say as I was overly impressed with Siesta Key itself; powdery sand is okay, but really, can the average tourist tell the difference, and does the average tourist care? Finer sand just is THAT much harder to get up with the vacuum later on and get out of your clothes and bags and stuff. Better to go to Panama City Beach, your dollar goes a lot further (I'm not getting any payments from the PCB Chamber of Commerce, BTW). We've never been asked to take out our own trash upon departure before, for example, despite paying a cleaning fee.

Petty, but I'll add that the king-sized bed, what one might reasonably expect to be in the master BR, was instead in a rather smallish bedroom. What would've made the more logical master BR suite was furnished with two double (maybe Q?) beds.

They have rules galore; I didn't particularly appreciate reading after arrival that we were not supposed to leave our teenagers in the unit without an adult guest present; kinda puts the kibosh on a parental 'date night', or else forces one to be a scofflaw. Though I appreciate that rules are necessary for peaceful coexistence, it seemed like overkill....and I'm generally more rule-oriented than many. Maybe being forced to choose between being a rule-breaker and getting to go to a decent restaurant without teens saying "when are we going to go back to the condo" pushed me over the edge.

The furniture, dishware, and linens were okay, but there were such significant issues I can't say that it mattered enough to mitigate their impact.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but this was a 'booking fail' in my self-evaluation of travel arrangements. If you have to go to Siesta Key, see what else you can find, or at least go into this place with your eyes open. If your travel plans are flexible, don't be too overly swayed by the #1 beach thing...there are lots of lovely beaches in FL. For the same price, we get a much nicer stay in PCB, with a balcony overlooking the beach, far fewer steps to the beach, etc.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am very sorry to read your review and hear of all the problems you encountered while staying with us. Every complaint from your review will be addressed to the best of my ability, however the layout of the property and the initial builders ‘flaws’ such as washer/dryer hook ups in each unit are beyond my talent. I feel as though our website describes the property and layout very well – and we even have an interact map which allows you to “step inside” for unique virtual tours.
Each unit is individually owned; therefore I will forward your review to the owner of 363 regarding your suggestion on the bedding set-up.
Once again, sorry you did not particularly enjoy your vacation here on Siesta Key at the Palm Bay Club.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

We were looking for a great beach vacation and Dr. Beach ranked Siesta Beach as number one. So next was to find a place to stay. We looked extensively and decided on condo 92 in The Palm Bay Club. What a perfect choice. The staff was so friendly and the property is pristine. The condo looked brand new and was spacious for just the two of us. The bathroom is beautiful all tile and glass, the kitchen and cabinets are beautiful-very upscale. There are huge windows overlooking the Gulf as this is a beach front condo. The beach was amazing, the Gulf is like bath water and the beach was soft white powder. Do yourself a favor and rent a double beach lounger from the cabana boys. You bet we will be back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
So happy that you were able to find our property when searching for place to stay on the #1 ranked beach! The gulf front unit 092 is one of the more updated units on property and being on the 9th floor, gives a great view looking out to the gulf! I will make sure to share your review with the owner of 092. Renting a beach cabana from the Cabana Boys is one thing I hear guests say over & over that they wouldn’t do without. Repeat customers are of course encouraged, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to The Palm Bay Club? Share your experiences!