“I start looking forward to my next visit to the Pearl the second I leave it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Siesta Pearl

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siesta Key
Siesta Pearl
You added Siesta Pearl to your Saves list
5231 Avenida Navarra, Siesta Key, FL   |
East Coast
“I start looking forward to my next visit to the Pearl the second I leave it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I have been a guest at the Siesta Pearl every year for the past four years. I have resisted submitting a review for it for purely selfish reasons: I want the Pearl all to myself! During my latest visit in August, however, I changed my mind. The Pearl is much too special not to share.

I must begin by disclosing that my standard for cleanliness is incredibly high. Regardless the amenities an establishment may have, if the rooms are not impeccably clean, it’s a deal breaker for me. The villas I have stayed in at the Pearl have always been spotless. I have been known to clean before settling in to a hotel room, but no need at the Pearl. In my opinion, a true test of an establishment’s level of hygienic practices is what is found under sheets and pillow cases. Yes. I look! All of the pillows and mattress covers I have inspected in the villas have been clean and new-looking. My focus on cleanliness may seem a bit obsessive, but I feel as though how an establishment is maintained at this level is a strong indication of its overall integrity and dedication to its patrons. The individual responsible for the maintaining the high level of cleanliness at the Pearl’s is manager, Eileen Town.

Eileen is also responsible for making the Pearl a little piece of paradise. Pure tranquility! The Pearl has the feel of the tropics with its beautiful flowers and plants Eileen tends to with such care. The decorative elements Eileen has placed throughout the property complement the Pearl’s theme perfectly. Eileen’s creative touch is also evidenced inside the villas. Every room includes decorations that create an overall bright, seaside feel. (Little touches like the fish oven mitts make me smile!) I think the villas could be in Better Homes and Gardens!

Perk: The property is private. You could easily miss it. It is bordered on all sides with wooden fencing (a wrought iron gate enhances the entrance) that is flanked with flowers and foliage. My favorite is the jasmine growing on top of the fence. It smells so nice!

The two villas in which I have stayed offered a small, private patio, equipped with a table and chairs. I particularly enjoy sitting outside looking at the flowers and plants. The Siesta Pearl is situated a street behind Siesta Key Village, and at night, the faint sounds of house bands can be heard. The music is not blaring; it is just enough to contribute to the Pearl’s relaxing “ambience“! Furthermore, I have trouble sleeping and can be awakened easily, but I have never been bothered by the music while indoors.

I also appreciate the free WiFi at the Pearl. It allows me to keep in touch with my children and participate in Southwest Airline’s early-bird check-in!

The Siesta Pearl is approximately 200 steps from beautiful Siesta Key Beach. Yes. I counted! This is another perk. No driving. As a matter of fact, since the Pearl’s is around the corner from the Village, it is possible not to have to drive at all!

I confess that the first time I found the Pearl on Trip Advisor, I almost discounted it. As I remember, there were only four reviews and one was not favorable at all. Fortunately, I called to enquire about the review and spoke with Eileen. Boy am I glad I did! To think I might never have discovered the how amazing the Pearl really is. I am glad I had the sense to put the bad review in context. Quite frankly, I often wonder how the person writing that review could have been so off the mark. It is truly that person’s loss.

Siesta Key is my destination of choice, and I would not even consider staying anywhere other than the Siesta Pearl. Attention to detail is what sets the Siesta Pearl apart, and the person responsible f or attending to those details is Eileen Town. It may sound corny, but she is a genuinely wonderful person. She has always gone above and beyond to make certain that I have a wonderful stay. I get the distinct impression that the Pearl is more than a job to Eileen; it is her passion. Clearly it shows.

I start looking forward to my next visit to the Pearl the second I leave it!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
gainesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

My boyfriend and I returned to the Pearl one more time before our fall classes started. It was just as wonderful as our first trip. Eileen is amazing, she made sure that we had everything we needed. I can't say enough about this wonderful little getaway! We can't wait to return to Siesta Key again, my boyfriend and I absolutely love The Pearl, the Pygmy Palm is perfect! (If you want a more in depth description of the room, see my previous post.)

Room Tip: Pygmy palm is built perfectly for 2 people.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Siesta Pearl truly is the hidden gem of Siesta Key! I spent a glorious week at Siesta Pearl in late June/early July. Although I had been to Siesta Key Beach many times, I had never ventured past the public beach area to the beautiful residential area adjacent to Siesta Key Village, where Siesta Pearl is located. In fact, I had never even considered staying on Siesta Key because all I had seen before were the busy, noisy, uninviting, nondescript condos, small hotels, and other rentals lining the busy road from Stickney Point Road to the Siesta Key Beach public parking lot. I had no desire to hear traffic and loud partying at night. Fortunately, my experience at the Siesta Pearl couldn’t have been more different from this vision!

Siesta Pearl is nestled in a lovely, quiet residential area of Siesta Key. Although Siesta Village is nearby, you feel like you’re miles away from the restaurants and shops. In fact, you can’t hear any outside noise from the village when you’re inside the unit. Most importantly, the beach is a very short walk from the Siesta Pearl. Because this section of the beach is much less crowded than the area near the public parking lot, it’s like a private beach. With the beach, restaurants, and a small grocery store within walking distance, you don’t even need a car once you arrive at the Siesta Pearl.

In addition to its ideal location, the Siesta Pearl offers its guests comfortable, immaculate, cozy accommodations. I stayed at the Royal Palm, which is a spacious unit that could have easily accommodated more than the three of us. Anyone obsessed with cleanliness will appreciate the unit’s pristine condition. The charming unit contains new furniture and is decorated in soothing coastal pastels. Besides the ample supply of soft, cotton sheets and fluffy bath towels, the Siesta Pearl provides all beach amenities (large beach towels, chairs, umbrella, toys, sunscreen, etc). The well-equipped kitchen makes dining in a convenient option. An added benefit is the private, fenced patio with lush vegetation, decorative lights, and dining furniture. What a tropical paradise for dining and relaxing!

Compliments to Eileen, the property manager, for her meticulous care of the units. Eileen is a friendly, thoughtful person who tries to anticipate her guests’ every need. No detail escapes her attention. Although I was leery of vacation rentals after a bad experience elsewhere, she promptly addressed all of my questions and concerns in a reassuring and informative way that inspired confidence in my choice of Siesta Pearl. When I arrived (unexpectedly late at 10pm), she was welcoming and checked in with me several times over the week to see if I needed anything. Eileen’s gracious hospitality and incredible dedication create a wonderful, relaxing experience for her guests. I definitely will stay at the Siesta Pearl on future trips to Sarasota.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Just returned from my fifth year at the Pearl. The atmosphere is like staying in the guest house of a Siesta Key local. The hospitality is without equal. Eileen makes sure that every need is met. When the rain came, Eileen came with a bag of her own DVD's. She thinks of everything! The unit is stocked with everything you could ever need - and since we fly in, it is very important for us to know that we don't have to pack every single thing we might need during our stay. The Pearl even has everything you need for a beautiful day on the beach - sunscreen, chairs, umbrellas and toys. For dinner, we cooked all nights but one, and we never lacked for anything to prepare our meals right there in the fully stocked kitchen - of course with the use of the grill. We sat on our private deck each night listening to the sounds of the village - with its quaint restaurants and bars. When it came time to retire for the night, we slept on a downy soft bed, dressed in crisp linens. The Pearl is really just that . . . the pearl of Siesta Key!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
gainesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

My Boyfriend and I decided we wanted to take a nice, relaxing vacation together in Siesta Key. While we were searching for a place to stay, we came across Siesta Pearl's website. After contacting Eileen, we decided to book the Pygmy Palm room from Sunday to Thursday.

The Pearl is without a doubt the best place to stay on the island! When my boyfriend and I arrived, we were greeted by Eileen who was very sweet and accommodating! She told us about the best places on the island to eat, visit etc. and informed us that if we needed anything to just contact her.

The Pygmy Palm is just adorable! It is located at the back of the Pearl beside a cute little breakfast garden area. Since it is located at the back of the bungalows there is no foot traffic around your room, it is very private. We never had a problem with noise from the village. It is true that the oyster bar is located just behind the Pearl, but it is completely hidden from view by a tall garden-style wall. About twice a night, we'd hear the bar as they took out the trash, but it was nothing to take away from the wonderful experience of staying at the Pearl.

The room was perfectly built for two people. We didn't even have to leave to go out to eat if we didn't want to, everything we needed was right there! We grilled our lunches and dinners almost everyday and only went out to eat a couple of times. (We did go to the 0yster Bar and to the Cottage Restaurant, both of which were delicious and within walking distance of the Pearl.) There is a TV and internet access available in the room, but to be honest, we never used either of them for the duration of the trip! We had no need to, we were having such a good time! There is even a little coin laundry area located on site to wash clothes if you need to. Pearl is only about a 3 minute walk to the beach!

Thursday arrived and my boyfriend and I were no where near ready to leave the key. We called Eileen to see if we could stay in the room for one more night. She said that would be fine, but if we wanted to stay until Sunday she would give us a discounted weekly rate! We of course took her up on the offer, it was such a great deal!

We've been home now for just over a week and I can not wait to get back to the Pearl. We had a wonderful experience there and our room was perfect. If you are looking for a home-away-from-home style place to stay, look no further than the Siesta Pearl, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I spent a business trip in the most beautiful place! The accommodations are extremely clean, well-kept, up-to-date, and conveniently located. Staying at "the Pearl" is always pleasant and I am a frequent return guest. Eileen meets everyone with a warm smile. Walking on the sugar white sand and taking in the breathtaking sunsets, restaurants, and shops are all close by. Other than teaching my face-to-face classes at Argosy University, my car is parked and I walk everywhere. I love every minute of my stay and keep returning when the opportunity to teach presents itself!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

The manager of this charming, small cluster of cottages sets the tone before you arrive at Siesta Pearl. Eileen Town couldn't be more helpful and accommodating. This was my second stay in the Queen Palm unit and I hope to return many more times in the future because it feels like a home away from home, except with lots of exotic vegetation. The grounds, once you enter the charming iron gate to the property, are full of flowering plants and happy birds. The courtyards offer some beautiful surprises including a very creative mixed media mosaic wall. The pastel colors lend to the tropical feel. The Queen Palm is simply and comfortably furnished, with a wicker theme. It makes me feel like I've stepped back into a simpler, more carefree time. Although there are no sweeping views, every effort has been made to make the surroundings comfortable and pleasing to the senses. The small kitchen is well equipped. The small bedroom is very comfy and cozy. The bathroom is spotlessly clean, if small, with a nice walk-in shower. There are beautiful artistic touches all around. Beach equipment is provided. There is a grill in the courtyard, if you are so inclined. The pristine beach is a two minute walk from Siesta Pearl as is the village, where you have your choice of restaurants and shops. I love this place!! My only hesitation in writing this review is that I don't want it to become so popular that I can't get a reservation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Siesta Pearl? Share your experiences!