This was our first time staying at the Tropical Breeze Resort. We stayed in the Beach Cottage which was adorable and perfect for two adults and one child (although two very young children might fit on the sleeper sofa). It was air conditioned (a must in Florida), had a full kitchen, fairly well stocked which would work for a longer term stay. The cottage is in a quiet neighborhood literally steps from the beach across one very quiet road. The beach is at the North end of Siesta Key so it's more private and less crowded than the main beach.
The cottage is farther away from the village than the main resort area, but still within a five minute walk. A grocery, ice cream shop, many restaurants and equipment rentals/excursions are all within easy walking distance. The resort includes three pools, several laundry rooms and bikes for rent.
The room came equipped with two beach chairs and fresh beach towels are available at the office. The bathroom was tiny and no frills but functional. My only suggestions or negative comments are that it is only comfortable viewing tv or relaxing on the 2 seater sofa. The other chair is an armless dining chair and not comfortable for sitting in more than 5 minutes. There are two bar stools at the kitchen counter but no table and chairs to eat at together. I would get rid of the desk and just add a table and four chairs to use as a desk and dining area. The coffee machine comes with prepackaged coffee pods that come in their own disposable filter holder. You can't rig these to create your own coffee and you only get two cups per day. The "grab and go breakfast" in the office is just coffee juice and pre-wrapped danishes like you might find at 7Eleven. We made our own breakfasts and had to go out for decent coffee. If you don't care what your coffee tastes like, you'll love the convenience of the provided pods and I'm sure more could be available if you asked.
The grounds are in the middle of being landscaped and should be quite pretty when it's done. There are crushed shells as ground cover everywhere to keep the amount of sand tracked in to a minimum. There are also a number of rooms being remodeled.
Other than that, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your ideal choice for Sarasota & Siesta Key Beach Hotel and vacation rentals, the Tropical Breeze Resort on Siesta Key provides lodging directly near Siesta Key Beach. Choose from our unique accommodations featuring efficiencies, one bedroom and two bedroom suites with full kitchens. We're also "pet friendly!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tropical Breeze Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Breeze Hotel Siesta Key
- Tropical Breeze Siesta Key
- Tropical Breeze Resort Siesta Key, Florida