“Loved it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Siesta Key
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I will definitely be back. The location was awesome. Walk out the door and to the right was the village and to the left was the beach. The only thing I would change is each room should have an umbrella and 2 chairs for the beach. Enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Tropical Breeze Resort. Location is everything and we have the best on Siest Key! I appreciate your thoughts on the beach chairs. We have purchased some additional chairs for the beach but it's never enough because the city restricts the number we can put out for our guests. I hope that you will visit us again soon, the summer months are even nicer than March!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I both agree that this resort is really a hidden gem.We found it by accident and will make this our annual vacation destination from Massachusetts. The room was clean..the pool was awesome and the beach is only steps away. Not to mention Siesta Village steps in the opposite direction with restaurants.. bars..and souvenir shops. Location..location..location! We really can't say enough. See you soon Tropical Breeze Resort!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review of the Tropical Breeze Resort. I'm so glad you found our hidden treasure! We are constantly upgrading the accommodations and property so come see us again soon, we look forward to your return.
Royston, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This place is much nicer than I expected from reviews that I had seen. It is extremely clean, the room is very spacious, and everything updated. Only a couple of blocks to the beach. I really love it and hope to come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It sounds like it was your first time staying with us and hopefully not your last. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to your next stay with us.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Based on most of the reviews on TripAdvisor and after doing other online research, I was very disappointing with my time at Tropical Breeze. I was looking forward to spending my days on the beach and relaxing with some wine at night. This was not the scene for that- at all.
This location was next to Siesta Key Village, which is amazing for casual dining and very fun night life. However, when I wanted to go to sleep at 1 am I was kept awake by fellow guest and pedestrians who hung outside our room. Besides the lack of relaxation and peace, our room was dated and dirty. My fiance and I decided to leave after giving it a chance of a couple of nights. We went to another resort on the south end of Siesta Key. It was the vacation I was looking for with dolphins and fish jumping on the bay and there was even a beach that seemed to be our own with the occasional local. In conclusion I would not recommend Tropical Breeze, unless you are a college student on Spring Break, but Siesta Key is perfection and I recommend the south end of the Island and where we ended up staying!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm truly sorry if you didn't find the solitude your were seeking while at our resort on Siesta Key. I am happy that you found another location that was better suited to you. We appreciate your feedback.
Wyckoff, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I must have read 50 reviews before booking this place. The location is awesome if you want both access to the beach and Siesta Village. I have never stayed in this section of Siesta Key before and it's very different from Midnight Cove or Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club etc.. If you are looking for a full-service Ritz Carlton-type resort, then this is not the place for you. These are like beach bungalows and your gym/fitness center is the sidewalk or the beach for a power walk! We requested an upgraded room and we got it. It was 1 BR suite and had plenty of room and everything you could need for my husband and me.. a 2 minute walk to the beach. The bedding was very light and I would have liked a spare comfortor/blanket, but didn't ask for one (I'm sure it would have been no problem). Pillows were nice and the bed was firm, but comfortable. The rooms were very clean, nice little products in the bathroom, and good housekeeping. I did not find this place to be noisy at all. Staff super friendly and the little morning coffee station has packaged muffins/danish/poptarts, coffee, hot chocolate, oatmeal and there is a bowl of nice apples, bananas, oranges. It was 7-11a.m., but they seemed to keep the coffee there all day. If you want eggs and bacon, go out 2 feet down the street and get it!
The only thing I would change is that there are not enough lounge chairs by the little pools or at the beach. I wish the pools were warm, but I believe the heater broke on one. I'm sure it is getting fixed. I saw people taking the lounge chairs by the pool to the beach... crazy as they were heavy!!! Maybe lend out beach mats as an inexpensive option with the beach towel?? That would be a nice thing for kids I think.
I would absolutely stay here again and probably bring my dog.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. You "Get It". We are nothing fancy, but our rooms are clean, our staff is friendly and accommodating and we are close to everything. Unfortunately our new outdoor furniture hasn't arrived yet, but when you return on your next visit, there will be ample seating at the pool and on the beach (as much as the city allows).

Thank you for staying with us!
Traverse City, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Doesn't look anything like the pictures on-line. Tiny room, two seater couch that smelled like fabreeze. When sitting on the tiny couch, had to look at the ceiling to see the tv. Bathroom was retro with faucets in shower falling out of the wall. Pool was freezing cold and with no seating around it. They have 3 pools, the one in the picture was locked at 8pm and not really available for those not staying next to it. Very disappointed in the accomodations. Great location, but nothing else!

Room Tip: Check for rooms that have been updated.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on our hotel, the Tropical Breeze Resort. The photographs online are a representation of many different room types, we have 7 different types. I apologize about the pool being locked at 8:00pm, it is supposed to be open later. We have three pools and two are heated, I am sorry if that was not conveyed upon check in. The front desk staff always tries to give the proper information depending on the location of the room since the property is so spread out. I hope that you will consider out location when visiting Siesta Key again, we are constantly making improvements and our One Bedroom Suites may suit your needs better. Again, thank you for staying with us! We do appreciate your comments.
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

You cannot beat how close this hotel is to Siesta Key Viallage and the beach, literally a stone throw away. Rooms need renovation and are very small, including the bathroom. Clean enough though, and coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. It is all about the location here at Tropical Breeze Resort. We are constantly updating the rooms and I'm sure you will be pleased with our changes during your next stay with us, we appreciate your feedback and your business!

Been to Tropical Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!