“Nice and relaxing vacation, close to it all!!” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Columbus Blvd, Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 13 hotels in Siesta Key
Sarasota, Florida
“Nice and relaxing vacation, close to it all!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We checked in and liked our cottage, wish I had a pool right there but there were a few in walking distance so all was well. The beds need to get new matterasses as those have been well "played" many time before. Would defininitely stay again,nice and helpful staff and a walk to beach or a block to dinner, ice cream etc, ALL GOOD!! We will return. Cool you can bring your dog too.

Room Tip: Sorry we missed the fitness center and and restaurant- I am sure they were good!

340 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Sebring, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our group of 14 women have stayed at Tropical Breeze for the past 4 years for our girls getaway. The location is perfect and the staff is very accomodating and friendly. Even though the rooms are old and show wear and tear, they are clean and comfortable. We plan on many more yearly trips to Tropical Breeze in the future - wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

So we travelled from Toronto to Sarasota for 5 days to celebrate my birthday. We chose this resort because the reviews said that it was very close to the beach, bars and nightlife.

PROS: We stayed in room 119 which was fairly close to one of the pools. It was very beautiful and very close to the beach, restaurants, bars etc. Our room had a nice porch and i was able to sit out every morning and enjoy the Florida warmth. The staff was very friendly and easy to talk too.

CONS: The bed was made but the floor was very sandy, I spotted a maid and asked her to borrow a broom so that I could clean the floor. The room was OK, could have been nicer and the bathroom was very very small. On my very first day, after leaving the beach, I walked back to our room and as I was rummaging through my suitcase, a male staff member opened the door and walked in on me. I am a female and I thank my lucky stars that I was still wearing my bikini and I was not nude. He was very apologetic but lack of communication between staff would have assured that he knew that room 119 was occupied. I am completely sure that the maid did not change our sheets as I had requested and she forgot to give us towels.

In conclusion, it could be such a great resort if they would invest the time and money into upgrading the entire resort because it is in such a great location. We would definately stay again, not for the accommodations but for the location.

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was our 1st time to Seista Key. A friend of ours told us about it she came down for the 1st time a few months ago for a wedding. Her family stayed at Tropical Breeze Resort and she told us it was a great place to stay.. Very Clean Cute little Cottagey type place. I took her advice booked our room. We got down there found the hotel with no problems. Right away I thought the grounds were very cute and tropically. The Service was excellent, the person that checked us in put us very close to the beach. We actually had booked a standard room- we weren't told we were being upgraded but we ended up staying in a one bedroom large. Decor was VERY Cute.. Liked we had a screened in porch along with a back door open patio as well. Only wish we had a pool in our cluster of rooms.. we were in the Rm 165. but we were just a short walk up to the Village - We never had to use the car... We walked to the beach it was just a block away and walked to the village appx 2 blocks... We will be back... Room was roomy, very Clean and great location !!

Room Tip: Just go online and look at the property map- decide if you want to be closer to the beach, pool or v...
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked this room via Expedia with the hopes that a descent standard room would be just that descent. I was a little nervous because a lot of the reviews were negative...well as they say "go with your gut". My sister and I checked in to room 115 (which I highly suggest stay away from)....the building housed what I think were two units 115 - 114 however the entry door to the building was gone, so you walked into a small room and either went left or right because both rooms were right there. When we walked in the bed greeted us because it was almost as large as the room, that had a TV, a counter with small microwave and refrig. The bathroom very small and dirty. There was no table or chairs so unless you planned to sit or lay on the bed for your stay, you had to stand. We looked at each and quickly got into the car to find another place, which we did. We came back to check out and the lovely person behind the counter offered to move us but we declined....when we described what standard room meant to us either she was humoring us or agreed, couldn't tell. Anyway no offer to give us maybe one night refund or anything for that matter...basically for 2hrs (which is the time it took to check in and check out it cost me almost $300). I highly recommend you make reservations here with caution, the pictures do not tell a true story of the location especially room 115 which I will be posting to support my unhappiness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Let me start by saying" we love this place" this is a sweet little beach town, not a overprice money pit. I went with my whole family (30); including kids,dogs and grandmothers. The staff was so nice and helpful. The rooms were cute and CLEAN. No cars needed, just walk and stop! Everybody you meet has a smile for you; from the front desk, to the maint and cleaning staff. Awesome for pet, this was the first trip that my dogs didn't have to go to camp.... I just can't cays enough. Stay once and you will go back.. Thanks for the best family trips ever!

Fernandez 407

Room Tip: My family took up a whole building. They were all good!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was a beautiful place to stay. We were at the beach for a wedding and stayed two nights. The suite was cute. It was very dog friendly and had tile floors. The reserved off-street parking was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropical Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!