“Not the Greatest” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Siesta Key
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Not the Greatest”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2006

First let me say that the beaches on Siesta Key are beautiful. White soft sands with beautiful water. We found Siesta Key as a whole to be very remote. Very few restaurants, and very few things to do. The hotel Captiva Beach Resort was clean. The innkeepers were nice as well. However the rooms were outdated and very, very small. I think I could lay in bed and touch one wall to the other. The walls were so thin, we could hear the man next door snore all night. In fact it was so loud, it keep us up. No maid service and if you wanted additional towels, you had to lay your used towels outside the night before. Clean towels would come the next day. The really "cheap" ordeal of the hotel was the toilet tissue. Once a roll was used to get another you had to put the cardboard center outside with the used towels to get a new roll. Only then would a replacement roll be given. My husband and I have traveled alot and would not go back to this hotel again. We felt like we stepped back to the '70's. Sorry!

Stayed April 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2005

Captiva Beach Resort met all of our expectations and we will certainly recommend this lovely spot of Florida to our friends and family. What you need to know:

-CLEAN. By far one of the cleanest accommodations we have ever had.
-FRIENDLY. Robert and Linda are there to make sure you have a wonderful holiday.
-LOVELY. If you don't believe us, check out our pictures.
-CONVENIENT. Within walking distance of restaurants, rentals, grocery stores, drug stores, specialty shops, and liquor store (margaritas anyone?)!
-SIESTA BEACH...awaits you. Captiva is located on a private beach. Beautiful sunsets, fabulous blue skies, and spectacular white sand.

So when you head to the Siesta Keys, make sure you choose the Captiva Beach Resort as your destination.

• Stayed December 2005
Tampa, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2005

If you are looking for a relaxing, casual, vacation Siesta Key is the place. The Captiva Beach Resort is very clean, close to the beach, and the grounds are lush, tropical, and well-kept. The rooms are small in accord with the date that the beach resort was bulit, but for the most part this place is a no-brainer. The staff is helpful and direct, rules and expectations are well defined and reasonable. This is a great place for families, couples, or seniors. THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR COLLEGE KIDS OR SPRING BREAKERS! I will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2005
Grand Rapids MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this resort a few weeks ago. The place is kept nicely, the rooms were spotless and the Innkeepers were very nice. I had read some reviews about "rules" but we had no problems. We definately will stay at Captiva Resort again. The location is perfect!

• Stayed June 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2005

My daughter and I had an awesome stay here! We plan to come back with the rest of the family sometime soon! We enjoyed Robert's fun and outgoing personality. We stayed in Jane's Junction and it was very, very clean and was plenty big enough for us. We loved the big walkin closet and furnished kitchen. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed May 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2005

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Captiva Beach Resort for a short weekend getaway. The grounds are beautifully adorned with lush tropical landscaping and it is only a short scenic stroll to the beach. Our room was spotlessly clean! Robert, the owner, was very nice and accomodating. We did not find his "rules" unreasonable.....in fact, it's probably one of the reasons the hotel is so well kept. The only negative thing that we noted was that the mattress on our bed was a bit hard and the pillows a bit small. But overall, this is a great little place to stay in order to avoid the "chain" hotels that offer no character. We'll definately be back!

• Stayed April 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2004

I reserved a room for a week at the resort and was a little concerned when I read one of your reviews about the "rules". Just goes to show you cant believe everything you read. I was also given the rules at check in. It was the same thing I get at most hotels. Nothing unexpected. Actually, I think the rules help to make everyone who stays there that much more enjoyable by letting people know they must behave while they are there, in other words, there were not any spring breakers. I stayed in the smallest room, which was plenty large for me being a female and traveling alone. I felt totally safe at all times. The Resort was within walking distance to everything. It was immaculately clean. Had a full kitchen and the dishes were first class, no garage sale stuff here. The Ownership obviously takes great pride in their resort. I plan on another visit in the very near future.

Been to Captiva Beach Resort? Share your experiences!