“Definitely above average accommodations!” 5 of 5 stars

Captiva Beach Resort
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   6772 Sara Sea Circle, Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Siesta Key
A TripAdvisor Member
“Definitely above average accommodations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2005

My daughter and I had an awesome stay here! We plan to come back with the rest of the family sometime soon! We enjoyed Robert's fun and outgoing personality. We stayed in Jane's Junction and it was very, very clean and was plenty big enough for us. We loved the big walkin closet and furnished kitchen. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed May 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2005

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Captiva Beach Resort for a short weekend getaway. The grounds are beautifully adorned with lush tropical landscaping and it is only a short scenic stroll to the beach. Our room was spotlessly clean! Robert, the owner, was very nice and accomodating. We did not find his "rules" unreasonable.....in fact, it's probably one of the reasons the hotel is so well kept. The only negative thing that we noted was that the mattress on our bed was a bit hard and the pillows a bit small. But overall, this is a great little place to stay in order to avoid the "chain" hotels that offer no character. We'll definately be back!

• Stayed April 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2004

I reserved a room for a week at the resort and was a little concerned when I read one of your reviews about the "rules". Just goes to show you cant believe everything you read. I was also given the rules at check in. It was the same thing I get at most hotels. Nothing unexpected. Actually, I think the rules help to make everyone who stays there that much more enjoyable by letting people know they must behave while they are there, in other words, there were not any spring breakers. I stayed in the smallest room, which was plenty large for me being a female and traveling alone. I felt totally safe at all times. The Resort was within walking distance to everything. It was immaculately clean. Had a full kitchen and the dishes were first class, no garage sale stuff here. The Ownership obviously takes great pride in their resort. I plan on another visit in the very near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2004

We did not have a reservation at this place, but we were sure glad they had openings. We spent a week on Siesta Key at the Captiva Beach Resort and we were delighted. The room we chose was the cleanest place we ever stayed in, but more important than that was the friendly atmosphere of this little jewel. The home made banana bread and the friendliness of the staff and we decided to make a resevation again at Christmas.

CaptivaBeachResort, Manager at Captiva Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at Captiva Beach Resort and we hope to see you on your next visit here in Siesta Key, Florida! We hope you're able to spend your next Christmas break here with us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2004

My wife and and I spent a week at the Captiva Beach Resort and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The studio apartment we had was immaculate with a large walk-in closet and a kitchen which was fully equpped. The room had satelite TV and high speed internet access. The grounds were beautiful with the palm trees and flowers illuminated at night. We enjoyed cooking out on the BBQ grills each evening before venturing to the beach which is a very short walk for yet another beautiful sunset.
Robert and the staff at the Captiva could not have been more gracious and made us feel very welcome, the room was very homey and the beach is just beautiful.
We had a very relaxing vacation at this quiet little resort and we look forward to vacationing there again soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2004

While this inn received good reviews from Fodor's and other travel resources for cleanliness and upkeep, don't put this one high on your vacation list. The property IS impeccably clean and well-manicured but the previous reviewer summed it up well with the term "rules". That is, in fact, exactly how the nice lady behind the desk described the hard cover binder of pages and pages of "rules" that she presented in GREAT detail during check-in. There are far more "don'ts" than "do's". Check-out is 9:30 a.m. on the dot, not a minute later. The rooms, with a fairly well stocked kitchenette, are painfully small (eg, the kitchenette table is practically on top of the bed, which is shoved alongside a wall making getting in and out of bed difficult). Shower stalls are barely large enough for turning around, and if you drop the soap, you'll never be able to retrieve it. Parking is assigned (extremely tiny spaces), and is an issue. Someone had parked in our space, so we took the next available spot which apparently belonged to Robert, the owner, and we were severely reprimanded for parking in the wrong spot. The ambiance of this property is one of a museum, where one should look and not touch. Forget about this one as a choice for a quaint vacation inn--you'll spend more time stressing about what you shouldn't do rather than relaxing and enjoying your vacation.

Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2004

We stayed in the room called Jane's Junction. It was a one bedroom with 2/Q beds and a kitchen with a dinette table. The bathroom was the smallest I've ever seen. I could barely fit into the shower stall and I'm 5 ft. 8 in. and weigh 185 lbs. If you're not careful about sitting on the toilet, you could hit your head on the sink. That's how much clearance there is between the two. Noise! Noise! Noise! The bathroom exhaust fan sounds like a jet engine. So does the thru-the-wall AC unit. Likewise with the built-in hair dryer. Robert, the owner, requires a 9:30 AM check-out. Earliest I've ever heard of! I asked for an extra half hour and he said no. Decor was really out of place for Fla. Early American Cherry belongs up north. We were looking for more lighter colors. Community pool was nice. Kitchen was well stocked but no dishwasher. The unit was clean but not well layed out. No room for suitcases. We were happy to leave after three nights. Charges for local telephone calls were extremely high! Relatives came and stayed one night in a bungalow. Wow! I thought our unit was small. It may have been nice in 1954 when it was built, but it's just plain tiny and outdated now.

Been to Captiva Beach Resort? Share your experiences!