“Cute convenient place on a beautiful beach!” 4 of 5 stars

Captiva Beach Resort
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   6772 Sara Sea Circle, Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Siesta Key
Orlando, Florida
“Cute convenient place on a beautiful beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family always spends a week at the beach to celebrate a wedding anniversary. One of our favorite places, of course, is Siesta Key. Looking for accomodations with a good location and a decent price, however, is not always an easy task. After searching through multiple websites, we finally landed on Captiva Beach Resort. We had stayed at an adjacent property a couple of times on Sara Sea Circle in the past, but unfortunately their availability and prices weren't conducive to going back. Lucky for us we found this property. Well maintained and friendly service is what you will get. A clean room and steps from the beach is what you will get.
Overall, it has a retro, 50"s time warp motor lodge feel that is very appealing and kinda funky all at the same time. No-you won't get turndown service, chocolates on your pillow and 24 hour room service. If I had wanted that, I could have stayed somewhere else and paid 5 times what I did, and probably wouldn't have had a better time. For the price and the location, this place is a gold mine. Thanks for a great visit, and hope to make it down there again soon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris H, Guest Relations Manager at Captiva Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
We take great pride in providing timeless moments for our guests in an environment where you can still feel rested and relaxed, and without breaking your bank. I'm thrilled to hear every aspect of our Resort did that for you. Many kudos for taking the time to write a review about your experience at CBR, we take all words to heart and are committed to providing exceptional moments. Thanks again for staying with us, look forward to your return visit to Siesta Key!

209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was our second stay at Captiva Beach Resort and loved it both times. Sandy, Deborah (The Big Show), Mark, Rufus, and all the staff are excellent and treat you as they would family and friends. They took extra care of my mom who uses a walker. Anything we needed was provided. We stayed in the two bedroom, one bath with full kitchen. Some of the other rooms are extremely small but this unit is like a small apartment! Very clean rooms & grounds. It is a short walk to the beach past 4 or 5 other motels but love the staff so much we decided we didn't want to try a closer motel. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Two bedroom with full kitchen is best for multiple people. Eat in and save money.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chris H, Guest Relations Manager at Captiva Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear oopie414, as we like to say around here, "your family is our family." I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Captiva Beach Resort. As you had mentioned, our 2 bedroom Suites are VERY SPACIOUS for families, we highly recommend for all guests to upgrade if we have them available, as it makes your beach-side experience even more enjoyable. Thank you again for such a warming review; this is our business, but people are our passion!
Glens Falls, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Made a reservation and arrived to check in. Was told our room was not ready yet and to come back in an hour. Walked around the beach for a while and came back, only to be told the hotel had overbooked and did not, in fact, have a room for us. Which sort of defeats the purpose of having a reservation system in the first place, since a reservation guarantees you exactly nothing. Very unprofessional. Be very wary of this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
sandy z, General Manager at Captiva Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We are very sorry for the problem with your reservation, we would like to invite you back if you are ever visiting this area again and ask for Sandy and I will make sure you are taken care of.Thank you, S Zaccari G.M. Captiva Beach Resort
Courtenay, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed here one night. Price was OK (for Siesta Key) but room was very small. The bed filled 75% of the room. It had a kitchen but the small size rendered it useless. The TV was almost impossible to use so finally gave up on watching the news. Great location, close to the beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
sandy z, General Manager at Captiva Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we would like to have the opportunity to invite you back to stay in one of our bigger rooms. We know we can make your stay a great one. Thanks again, Sandy Z G.M. Captiva Beach Resort
Westlake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I should have written this sooner......
My stay was 12/26 - 1/4. This was the second time i've stayed at Captiva. First off, it's located on the south side of the Stickney Point bridge (way less congestion). Then the resort is less than 100 yards from the snowy WHITE beach. (100 yards is too far.......tough s**t, get some exercise)
The staff always makes you feel like family. You need something, they'll help you get it.
Captiva has many different sized "Suites". I call them suites because almost all the rooms have full kitchens(sans dishwasher). This year the new suprise was a nice size flat screen HD-TV.
Look, I don't need the Ritz to make me happy.
Captiva Beach Resort is PERFECT for people who want a clean place to stay, a "with-in my budget" room rate, and a place where the staff actually "appreciates" the fact that you chose to stay with them.

Signed,
Deane D. Osborne III

Room Tip: The staff will show any of the rooms that are available. I think there are pictures on their web si...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Wow, Thanks so much for the wonderful comments we really appreciate them and love having return guest. We cannot wait for you to return a third time. Thanks again, S Zaccari G.M. Captiva Beach Resort
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Mgr is not nice... She needs to go! Make promises to get your money they dont keep... The bait and switch show one room then give you another! Keep looking there are other nice places right on this circle!

• Stayed August 2012
Chris H, Guest Relations Manager at Captiva Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Showgrl63, this review makes me very concerned. I am not sure what happened or why, but we strive for 100% guest satisfaction, and we're disappointed if we fell short of that. I see that you had previously reviewed our resort in August 2012 and rated us with 5 stars stating we're "the best!!!", so I'm not sure why the change in heart. I ask that you please email me at info@captivabeachresort.com to further address your concerns. I thank you for addressing your concerns, and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I read several nice reviews for this property, but I was really disappointed when I checked in. I will say that the staff was great, and the location, while not on the beach as I thought, was only about a five minute walk, maybe 200 yards. Unfortunately, the room I got was absolutely the smallest room I have ever had in any hotel - EVER. The king bed took up the entire room, you could not even sit at the small desk on the chairs, you literally had to sit on the bottom of the bed to use the table. You had to walk sideways between the bed and the wall to access the miniature bathroom, and while there was a kitchen, with a small sink, stove and refrigerator, you could not open the fridge without standing off to the side as there was no room for a body and the door. Overall, the room was nicely done, but just plain tiny accommodations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CaptivaBeachResort, General Manager at Captiva Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we greatly appreciate any feedback we can get to make our resort the best it can be for our guest. I would love to have you come back and I will put you in a larger room to make your stay more enjoyable. Please call and ask for Sandy and I will make sure you get a room that will accomodate you and your family.Thanks again, Sandy Zaccari G.M. Captiva Beach Resort

Been to Captiva Beach Resort? Share your experiences!