“Pleasant surpise.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Siesta Key
Buffalo, New York
“Pleasant surpise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Picked this place because of its location and price. We wanted a little more quiet. Kind of a different little area with all the motels but nice. Staff (Sharon, Big Show & others) were wonderful. Room (20) was nice but the ac unit was a little loud. The beach is right down the street with chairs/umbrellas, paddle board and kayaks available. Bike rentals just up the street along with food, drink and gifts (walking distance). After riding through the "more exciting" part of Siesta, we were glad we stayed at Captiva Beach Resort. Definitely will consider it again if we head that way and will refer it to friends headed that way.

Room Tip: If you close the curtains all the way, you won't realize that morning has come until later.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Elmira, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This place was nice for what we paid, I was looking at prices of $150 or more everywhere else and they got us in less than $100 and referred me to a free cab service for if we wanted to go out drinking and even showed us the happening bars, if you want great value and fun go to this place it was awesome

Room Tip: Ask them about the free cab service and find out the price online first then call them directly they...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lick, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

While visiting Florida we had the chance to stay at the Captiva Beach Resort, the staff there, Big Show,Sabrina,Erin and all the others were so helpfull and always willing to direct us in the right direction. The rooms and grounds were very clean and in great shape. We recommend this resort to anyone, with just a short walk to the beach it is very convenient.

Room Tip: Room 32 is very spacious, with a kitchen
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Thank you for accomodating the six of us in my family. The staff was so very nice and pleasant to speak with. "Big Show" is so funny and so easily lovable. She is is gem. Will and Sabrina oh, so helpful with ideas and suggestions on where to go and what to do. Thank you. The place was very cozy and we got whatever we needed and more. Beds were so comfortable and roomy enough. Nice walk to the beach and pool. Thank you for making us feel welcomed. Great coffee by the way! Thanks!

Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Captiva Beach Resort is nestled in a tropical neighborhood of hotels with a quaint atmosphere just a couple minutes walk to the beach. We had a lovely stay. The room was very clean and the beds were so comfortable. I'm a coffee lover so I was very pleased to have delicious coffee available all day at the office, One of the best things about our stay was the great, friendly staff! The Big Show was so accommodating and friendly and the customer service was above and beyond from the entire staff. We will stay there again! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
DeBary, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

When I booked my room over the phone, I was originally assigned to room 30 for $99. A few days later, when I read a review on trip advisor about how small room 30 was, I called back and asked for a bigger room. I explaned to the lady over the phone what I had read on trip advisor about room 30. I was offered another room for $10 more - room 17. I was told room 17 was bigger than room 30. To make a long story short, when I checked in, I did not get a bigger room as promised. I was give room 30. The lady that checked me in told me that whoever changed my room assignment was wrong to inform me that room 17 was larger. It's actually even smaller than room 30. Believe me when I say that room 30 is really small. I banged my knee on the sink in the bathroom trying to put my clothes on. I found a dead waterbug in the closet. My assigned parking spot was taken by another guest. They told me that they had recently updated their rooms. I don't see it. Never again. Tropical Shores Beach Resort is where I will stay the next time i go to Siesta Key.

Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here this past week-end from the 17th. untill the 20th. with 3 of our friends, all I can say is AWESOME!!!! Big Show, Will and Sabrina were the best!!! We meet them on the 17th. 5 minutes after we arrived and had a great time until we left on the 20th. the place is very nice, quite and clean the staff ROCKS!!! If you can get a room here by all means get it you will not regret it! The three staff members I mentioned above will be like family before you leave. For us the first time was checking the place out and seeing what it had to offer, but you can bet we will be going back next year for another friends outing. "LOVE THEM LONG TIME" Awesome stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Captiva Beach Resort? Share your experiences!