“Charming Inn, fabulous location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn on Siesta Key

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siesta Key
The Inn on Siesta Key
515 Beach Rd, Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Grand Haven, Michigan
“Charming Inn, fabulous location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Nestled in amongst tall, sprawling, and much newer buildings, a quiet oasis called simply "The Inn Inn on Siesta Key " awaits. We were fortunate enough to make a last minute reservation for Spring Break. We were positively delighted with the property and the warm graciousness of Paige Hartman, the Innkeeper. Located right across the street from public beach access #3 and within walking distance from bars and restaurants we felt we were getting away with something! I sure hope we get the opportunity to return! Not fancy but fabulous! Siesta Key is the number 1 beach in the US with good reason. Go there and see for yourself!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The only place we stay at when we visit Siesta Key. Comfortable rooms and great service. Paige, the owner, makes you feel like it is your home away from home! There is a beach access right across the street. Located within walking distance of the restaurants and shops.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
St Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I had a getaway weekend opportunity, hopped in the car, and ended up in Siesta Key. The Inn on Siesta Key had a vacancy sign out front, so we stopped in and checked it out. Paige is a wonderful innkeeper, and the room we got (Room 2 second floor) had that beach cottage feel, complete with a full kitchen, living room, dvd player, and bedroom. Beach towels in plentiful supply, pool, beach chairs available to take to the beach right across the street, and the Inn is just 3 or 4 blocks from the happening part of Siesta Key. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We arrived mid morning on a wednesday this was the first placle we looked at and Paige showed us a room and gave us a very reasonable rate - we looked at a few more places but nothing came close to The Inn - So we went back and booked for 2 nights.
Everything you need is here with all beach "stuff" on hand to borrow ,towels ,chairs ,sunshades and sand anchors.
The room we had was great (number 4) with all home comforts flat screen TV , coffee and tea ,fridge ,cooker ,washing machine and a nice lounge to sit in.
Paige the inn keeper was very attentive and made our visit even more pleasurable ,a really lovely Lady (we met her son too Gabe who was fixing up the back yard )
The pool too is a great asset as its nice to freshen up in there after a day at the beach(which is 4 mins walk across the road)
We liked it so much we stayed for 2 more nights !!
Summing up if you want a really nice place to go this is the one for you......bars ,resturants 5 mins away.....beach ......a lovely Inn to stay in .....thanks Paige we loved it.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at the inn the first week in August, the location is great right across from the beach and like 4 blocks from the village. Paige Hartman, the innkeeper is very pleasant and helpful. We stayed in unit number 1 and the only thing that I have to say about the whole place is that it needs a lot of improvement . Really is a shame because it is a cute place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

When we first arrived to the Inn everything was great; Paige was nice and she introduced us to the Inn and gave us an overview of Siesta Key. The room layout was comfortable and what we expected based on how the Inn is marketed online. The second night we were there my wife had to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and upon rolling out of bed almost had a cockroach crawl up her leg. I spent the next 20 minutes hunting this bug down and squishing it. We decided that we wouldn't say anything because this stuff can happen. The next night when going to get a drink from the fridge she found another cockroach on the kitchen floor! I had gone in a few minutes earlier, but hadn't turned the light on. Had to squish another one! By this point we were feeling very frustrated (and tired from our restless sleep) and decided it was time to discuss this with Paige. The next morning when we approached Paige she informed us that they were palmetto bugs and were a common thing in Florida. We explained to her that when paying the money we were paying, we wouldn't expect cockroaches in our room two nights in a row regardless of where we were. The only options she gave us were to move our room or find a new hotel (with a refund for the one night we had left). Both of these options were only inconveniencing us further. We were very disappointed with the way she handled this situation. She had an Orkin man come in to our room to set up traps. He explained that there would still be cockroaches, but we wouldn't see them. He also told us that the bugs did in fact carry diseases. We were left with an uneasy feeling and a stinky room (the traps smelled). We slept our last evening there (with the lights on!!!) and were so very glad to leave the next day. In this unit you do have to take out your own trash and recyclables. While I was taking out our bag of trash I opened the trashcan lid to a ton of maggots...gross! I regret not asking Paige what she would have expected or done had she been in our shoes...we were hoping that in the spirit of good customer service she might wave the cleaning fee or something but we're not the kind of people to demand those kind of things and it was never offered. Let me end this review with a question...how would you all have handled this situation as a guest of the Inn on Siesta Key?

Room Tip: If you do stay, stay on a top floor!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
theinn34242, Owner at The Inn on Siesta Key, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
In response to the recent review, I regret that there was a huge breakdown of communication. My intention is for everyone here at the INN to thoroughly enjoy their stay. To that end, I am constantly asking “how things are?” “ If you need anything, please just let me know”. Immediately, upon them alerting me to the issue, I phoned the Pest control Management, which I have had in place for 22 years. Being Vintage Florida accommodations, I am on a regimented pest control management, and implement all preventive measurements I can in a Sub-Tropical environment. He arrived within the hour. I also immediately offered to move them to a convenient unit , directly upstairs which had just been cleaned and ready to go, they could move right in. They refused directly, saying it was their last night and it would be inconvenient. I do regret that the communication was not sooner, This is by any means not the outcome of a stay that I would ever intend on occurring.

The same day they checked out I noticed the Trash issue as well because I have to get the trash to the curb, on that weeknight. The problem was due to guests that had disposed of trash not in a plastic bag, which are provided in the units…..They were sanitized and 55 gallon liners are now being tried within the cans to prevent the same the mess again.

I appreciate this guest’s comments, because I am better equipped to communicate better, now. I want to know if there is ever an issue so that I can appropriately have the time to address it and take care of it. I love what I do at The INN, I think of it as having my family visit and how would they like to be treated. But there is always room for improvement on communication
Chicago Northshore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I just finished our fifth time staying at The Inn. We could not have been happier. Our apartment was very comfortable, with bright, Florida colors. It was quiet, peaceful, and so very relaxing. We had everything we needed for our stay.

The location is perfect, which is directly across the street from Beach Access #7 and just a few blocks from the village.

Our review would not be complete without mentioning our innkeeper, Paige Hartmann. She is the consummate professional who goes out of her way to make sure that everything is perfect for our stay. We love Paige!

Robert & Mary Ann Hoffman

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Inn on Siesta Key? Share your experiences!