“Simply Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn on Siesta Key

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siesta Key
The Inn on Siesta Key
10% off room rate
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“Simply Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We arrived mid morning on a wednesday this was the first placle we looked at and Paige showed us a room and gave us a very reasonable rate - we looked at a few more places but nothing came close to The Inn - So we went back and booked for 2 nights.
Everything you need is here with all beach "stuff" on hand to borrow ,towels ,chairs ,sunshades and sand anchors.
The room we had was great (number 4) with all home comforts flat screen TV , coffee and tea ,fridge ,cooker ,washing machine and a nice lounge to sit in.
Paige the inn keeper was very attentive and made our visit even more pleasurable ,a really lovely Lady (we met her son too Gabe who was fixing up the back yard )
The pool too is a great asset as its nice to freshen up in there after a day at the beach(which is 4 mins walk across the road)
We liked it so much we stayed for 2 more nights !!
Summing up if you want a really nice place to go this is the one for you......bars ,resturants 5 mins away.....beach ......a lovely Inn to stay in .....thanks Paige we loved it.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at the inn the first week in August, the location is great right across from the beach and like 4 blocks from the village. Paige Hartman, the innkeeper is very pleasant and helpful. We stayed in unit number 1 and the only thing that I have to say about the whole place is that it needs a lot of improvement . Really is a shame because it is a cute place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

When we first arrived to the Inn everything was great; Paige was nice and she introduced us to the Inn and gave us an overview of Siesta Key. The room layout was comfortable and what we expected based on how the Inn is marketed online. The second night we were there my wife had to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and upon rolling out of bed almost had a cockroach crawl up her leg. I spent the next 20 minutes hunting this bug down and squishing it. We decided that we wouldn't say anything because this stuff can happen. The next night when going to get a drink from the fridge she found another cockroach on the kitchen floor! I had gone in a few minutes earlier, but hadn't turned the light on. Had to squish another one! By this point we were feeling very frustrated (and tired from our restless sleep) and decided it was time to discuss this with Paige. The next morning when we approached Paige she informed us that they were palmetto bugs and were a common thing in Florida. We explained to her that when paying the money we were paying, we wouldn't expect cockroaches in our room two nights in a row regardless of where we were. The only options she gave us were to move our room or find a new hotel (with a refund for the one night we had left). Both of these options were only inconveniencing us further. We were very disappointed with the way she handled this situation. She had an Orkin man come in to our room to set up traps. He explained that there would still be cockroaches, but we wouldn't see them. He also told us that the bugs did in fact carry diseases. We were left with an uneasy feeling and a stinky room (the traps smelled). We slept our last evening there (with the lights on!!!) and were so very glad to leave the next day. In this unit you do have to take out your own trash and recyclables. While I was taking out our bag of trash I opened the trashcan lid to a ton of maggots...gross! I regret not asking Paige what she would have expected or done had she been in our shoes...we were hoping that in the spirit of good customer service she might wave the cleaning fee or something but we're not the kind of people to demand those kind of things and it was never offered. Let me end this review with a question...how would you all have handled this situation as a guest of the Inn on Siesta Key?

Room Tip: If you do stay, stay on a top floor!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
theinn34242, Owner at The Inn on Siesta Key, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
In response to the recent review, I regret that there was a huge breakdown of communication. My intention is for everyone here at the INN to thoroughly enjoy their stay. To that end, I am constantly asking “how things are?” “ If you need anything, please just let me know”. Immediately, upon them alerting me to the issue, I phoned the Pest control Management, which I have had in place for 22 years. Being Vintage Florida accommodations, I am on a regimented pest control management, and implement all preventive measurements I can in a Sub-Tropical environment. He arrived within the hour. I also immediately offered to move them to a convenient unit , directly upstairs which had just been cleaned and ready to go, they could move right in. They refused directly, saying it was their last night and it would be inconvenient. I do regret that the communication was not sooner, This is by any means not the outcome of a stay that I would ever intend on occurring.

The same day they checked out I noticed the Trash issue as well because I have to get the trash to the curb, on that weeknight. The problem was due to guests that had disposed of trash not in a plastic bag, which are provided in the units…..They were sanitized and 55 gallon liners are now being tried within the cans to prevent the same the mess again.

I appreciate this guest’s comments, because I am better equipped to communicate better, now. I want to know if there is ever an issue so that I can appropriately have the time to address it and take care of it. I love what I do at The INN, I think of it as having my family visit and how would they like to be treated. But there is always room for improvement on communication
Chicago Northshore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I just finished our fifth time staying at The Inn. We could not have been happier. Our apartment was very comfortable, with bright, Florida colors. It was quiet, peaceful, and so very relaxing. We had everything we needed for our stay.

The location is perfect, which is directly across the street from Beach Access #7 and just a few blocks from the village.

Our review would not be complete without mentioning our innkeeper, Paige Hartmann. She is the consummate professional who goes out of her way to make sure that everything is perfect for our stay. We love Paige!

Robert & Mary Ann Hoffman

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Guilford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My cousins and I just returned from a stay at the Inn on Siesta Key for our annual 'girl trip'. There were six of us and we stayed in the main cottage, which was just perfect for us. It was roomy, clean, and we immediately felt right at home. Paige Hartmann, the innkeeper, could not have been more helpful and pleasant. We walked to the beach across the street and into the village - the Inn is in a great location. I should mention that while we were there, tropical storm Debby arrived, and we spent a lot of time on the large screened in porch watching the storm. I would definitely recommend this Inn to people who like to escape the hustle and bustle of large hotels and resorts. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at The Inn on Siesta Key, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review...I love the Girl's week out groups!!
Such troopers during Debby, you certainly didn't let it take away from your fun.
So nice to know that you felt right" at home".....my goal for each guest.
Come again, you are always welcome here at The INN on Beautiful Siesta Key.
Sunny Regards,
Paige
Bristol, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night and wished it was for longer. The room was very tasteful, the pics on the website are true to life. Can't wait for our next visit which will be longer!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Seffner, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

This was the first time we stayed on Siesta Key and we loved everything about it. The Inn was the perfect location and Paige Hartmann was the perfect hostess. We parked our car for a week and could walk everywhere. Across from the beach and 10 minute walk to the adorable town. The pool was heated and all the guests were so friendly. Paige gave us great recommendations for restaurants and activities and we had a fantastic time! One of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had. And my teenage daughter loved it too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
theinn34242, Owner at The Inn on Siesta Key, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments! I try to run my property very much like you are just visiting your own Beach House on Siesta Key, and I am here to make your stay as wonderful as possible. Come again and escape at the INN on Siesta Key!!

Sunny Regards,
Paige Hartmann, innkeeper

Been to The Inn on Siesta Key? Share your experiences!