“No place better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club

You added Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club to your Saves list
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club
915 Seaside Drive, Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Siesta Key
USA
“No place better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We just got back from 3 nights at the Hyatt at Siesta Key, what a great place. Here are the reasons we recommend staying there:

Very pleasant staff, helpful as can be
NO timeshare sales pitch!
Spotlessly clean
Everything worked, the appliances and furnishings appeared brand new
Top of the line amenities
The best shower I have ever taken, 3 jets in the ceiling, one on the wall, and a hand held wand, endless possibilities ;-)
Perfect location

We have stayed several places around Sarasota over the last 5 years, from now on this will always be our first choice!

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor, facing the village. Never heard our neighbors even though they were almos...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Ocala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I spent a great deal of time searching the internet for a condo type setting on the central Florida west coast and I found gold with this resort. The reviews were always highly rated and the pictures looked wonderful, but when I saw it in person I still couldn't believe it. We stayed in the 2 bedroom/1 den/3.5 bath premium gulf condo that had more living square footage than my house (sad, but true). Everything was top notch - high end appliances, espresso maker, high def TVs, coffee maker, rain/massage showers with sit down benches, jet tub, washer/dryer with detergent, balcony, spectacular views of the ocean from both bedrooms, master bath (even in the shower), and living room. It was exceptionally clean, and I am very picky and tend to notice even small details, but in this case there was little to complain about. The condo was perfect for a family to stretch out for a few days, but with a feeling of staying in a five star resort. We didn't have to worry about going out to eat every meal with a full kitchen. We brought food, but there are grocery stores nearby, or the hotel can stock your room before you before you arrive. They also supply all the accessories - pots, pans, dishes, soap, towels, pot holders, etc.

The beach is fantastic and a quick walk from the room. The resort automatically sets up umbrellas and chairs every morning, so there is no one to call and no additional fees. The pool is basic, there is no area for kids, but we spent the majority of our time on the beach anyway. My one negative comment is there is really no restaurant or room service for those times you want a quick bite. There is a small bar/grill area by the pool but it was open only a few hours each day. It also would have been nice for them to serve drinks at the beach.

Every staff member was professional, friendly, and helpful.

The resort does not really have any activities, so if you are looking for a lot of kid things to do or a party type atmosphere, you will be disappointed. But if you are looking for a place to hang out with family and friends low key in a gorgeous setting, then this is the place.

It is expensive, although I got a pretty good rate for the end of the summer sale, and the condos are so big you can have a group stay and split the cost.

I'm counting the days I can return again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Fabulous location. I stayed in a 3 bedroom gulf front unit but all units are great. Lovely furnishings, high end kitchen, attentive staff and very extensive complimentary buffet breakfast. On site pool and bar / restaurant. Directly on Gulf.

• Stayed June 2013
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My family and I spent Labor Day weekend at the Hyatt Siesta Key resort. Our 2-bedroom suite with ocean view was nothing short of AMAZING! Furniture, appliances, decor and comfort were top of the line. This was up there with the nicest hotels at which we've stayed. The staff was also very nice and accommodating. We look forward to visit again...hopefully soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Maywood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Four friends made the trip to Siesta Key for a 5 day rest. The accommodations were exceptional! We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit, 4 television unit. There is also a den which could be used as a 3rd bedroom as there is a convertible couch. The first thing we noticed was how clean everything was. The space was enormous and the amenities completely up-to-date. Items like coffee for the Keurig were restocked each day. Access to the beach or pool were easy to use. There are cabanas available for use around the pool. We chose to go to the beach each day. Breakfast was provided. Most importantly, the staff was friendly, always helpful and generous with their recommendations and information. We loved the beach and spent as much time on it as possible. The only negative was caused by the daily, 2 hour rain which caused flooding of the entrance to the residence. This was, of course, not the fault of the Hyatt but it was a concern. There is no restaurant in the resort but the a many wonderful places to experience that can be found in Siesta Key or nearby Sarasota. If you wished to cook, appliaces were totally up-to-date - including a 6 burner Wolf range.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Wow! Spectacular property! Everything was 1st class at this resort. It is expensive but worth every penny. You really do get a lot for you money. What you get: the convenience of being right on a beautiful beach with chairs and umbrellas and no overcrowding, a continental breakfast (yes, it's simple, but it was better than I thought it would be), kayaks, paddle boards, kids activities, a 1st class room that is HUGE with top of the line appliances and bathroom that I only dream about having at home, and he friendliest staff ever! I feel like we really discovered a gem on this trip! We WILL be back! I was concerned about the flooding in front of the resort but it seems to be a problem all over Siesta Key. I would advise to wait a half an hour and he water will recede. No biggie!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I are going to be celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary at the Hyatt Siesta Key... I NEVER stay at Hyatts because I routinely have bad experiences (Cleanliness, services, etc). I travel for a living and have platinum status with Marriott and Starwood. I tried to make a simple request to have something "special" done for us spending a few thousand dollars at their property and celebrating our first year of marriage. I have been put on hold for longer than 25 minutes waiting for a live person, then was redirected to a reservations agent who knows nothing about the property and kept quoting me price differences if I wanted to upgrade my room. I can check out the rental rates online, I'm looking for Hyatt to make a little effort to help my wife and I celebrate our 1 year anniversary. Siesta Key is very special to my wife, she grew up vacationing with her grandparents in Siesta. All I want is to speak with a HUMAN BEING at the hotel property. A manager, anyone! I am sick of waiting on the phone, being put on hold and being redirected. I am excited about the week vacation that we have planned, but WOW, not impressed with the ease of communication leading up to our arrival.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club? Share your experiences!