“Wonderful stay. Very hard to leave paradise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club to your Saves list
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club
915 Seaside Drive, Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Siesta Key
Bound Brook, New Jersey
“Wonderful stay. Very hard to leave paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I just returned from a 5 night stay at this resort and loved every minute of it. The staff was amazing. They were super friendly and always willing to offer a hand or advice, remembering me and my party throughout the entire stay. The condos are amazing. By far, the nicest I've stayed in with all the comforts of home and then some! Large comfortable beds. The master bedroom was so spacious and had sliders out to the balcony. A master bath to die for with a huge shower and separate whirlpool tub, two sinks and a very large vanity area. We had a condo overlooking the beach and I spent so much of my time sitting out there enjoying the view, with coffee in the morning, a glass of wine in the evening.

They have beach chairs and umbrellas set up every day, free of charge. There are also kayaks and other various items you can borrow free of charge, including bikes for a nice ride on the beach.

I would probably say the only thing that would make this a nicer resort is if they had more options as far as food and drinks. I realize they have full kitchens but since we were not staying that long, we didn't bother to stock it with food, just a few necessities. They have a pool bar that is open only a few hours a day (weather permitting) and has a nice, but limited selection of lunch foods. I would have been nice to have it open much longer and maybe offer more options.

We did enjoy Siesta Key Village on multiple occasions, which has lots of restaurants and clubs, shops, etc. The only problem there is very limited parking, so we had to park several blocks out of our way. There is a lot of free transportation (working only for tips) on the island though that would be convenient to take there and back.

Overall, this is a fabulous resort and I hope I get the opportunity to enjoy it again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wonderful staff, very accommodating and professional in spite of my wife having a meltdown at the front desk. Beautiful facility throughout - no expense spared. Modern, comfortable, well appointed, but of course expensive. No restaurant as the hotel is a residence inn and so have modern kitchens stocked with all appliances and supplies that you could need to cook and eat a gourmet meal. Local restaurants were close by and good. Beach was beautiful, with cabanas and chaise lounges provided.

Room Tip: If money is not an issue, then get the ocean view rooms. The bay side rooms are fine, but the ocean...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

From the second we walked in the staff at the residence pulled out the red carpet!

If they treat everyone like this, this place will be around for a long time.

We were upgraded to an amazing 4 bedroom (huge! And much more than we can handle unit - our kids played hide and seek and we could not find them) 4 bathroom and our rooms was ready early.

This is a very nice high end place and we enjoyed it very much. The choice of food was limited, but the beach and pool were outstanding. The beach is at the end of the long strip, so much less traffic then the rest of the strip.

We should be back at Easter.

PS at 800$ a night, this is not a steal, but it sure made us feel like a million bucks!

Ideal to share with another couple.

• Stayed February 2013
Ottawa, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is the first time I have been to the Sarasota area. Been to Orlando many times for conferences, worked in Miami for 3 months and been to Key West several times.

This trip since I was going to Key West after Siesta Key I decided to fly into Miami and do round trip car rental. Next time I would fly into Sarasota or Ft Myers and do a 1 way car rental if needed since it was a 5 hrs drive from Miami and lots of roadworks. Also there was a huge thunderstorm while I was driving in the evening and I had to take shelter for more than a hour since I cannot see anything.

Arrived after 1 or 2 am and the valet was very friendly and helped me with the luggage and also got me into my unit. He took the car keys and will velet park the car so everything went smoothly after a long drive.

The unit was beautiful. I had a 2bdrm + den Oceanfront unit and everything was well appointed with high end funishing. The bathroom was very luxurious with jacuzzi tub, shower and heated toilet seat. The gourmet kitchen was fully equipped and had both a kurig and nespresso machine and full complement of capsules.

Valet parking and continental breakfast is included. The breakfast was fine with pastries, cereals, fruit, eggs, cold cuts, juice and coffee. There are free coffee and tea all day in the breakfast lounge and there are books, games and DVD to borrow from there as well.

There are cabanas and chairs around the pools plus lounge chairs and shades on the private beach. I did see some people from the resort next door use them while leaving their own portable chairs on the sand before them. There are sports equipment you can borrow from the resort for free on the beach.

There is a cabana bar that serves food during lunch and drinks till 7pm. It is run in JV with the gourmet market that does the grocery deliver to the Hyatt Siesta Key. I had the pressed Cuban sandwhich with dehydrated vegetable chips and it was tasty but wished the menu is more varied. The staff were very friendly and accomodating where I was able to arrange to have a grilled fish sandwich and a nicose salad (the tuna nicose salad they have in the store minus the tuna) off the menu with 24 hours advanced notice. Only thing is that I was charged for a chicken salad price rather than vegetable salad price but it was a minor point.

Overall a great stay in a beautiful unit and surroundings with great service.

Room Tip: Request an oceanview unit if possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Crosby Ravensworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel, with amazing apartments, I cannot describe what a wonderful time we had here. The resort is limited, so glad we weren't there a week. But I cannot fault the staff, the concierge and the accommodation. The views of the ocean were stunning and the 4th floor apartment amazing, just a shame the beach was covered in dead fish.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
St Petersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the property a few weeks back. We were a bit underwhelmed by the area leading to the Resort and had difficulty locating it due to a supposed "no signage" local ordinance. However, once we arrived there was a stark transformation. Our unit was beautifully appointed and had impressive ocean views from every room; without a doubt, the Hyatt Company did not skimp on design, finish or furnishings. This is a well above average resort, beautifully lanscaped, with amenities for a relaxed, pampered stay. In our opinion, the best appointed Hyatt resort property we have visited - with a staff to match.
Please note there is a pool-side restaurant on the premises, not a formal restaurant. However, there are quite a few fine restaurants nearby. We enjoyed our stay and strongly recommend the Resort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I admit I am biased but after another flawless stay its obvious that the Hyatt
Siesta Key is a wonderful place. A small intimate resort set on the most beautiful beach. Siesta Key and Sarasota have great restaurants cultural activities and entertainment.

If you read my prior reviews you will k ow that I have made the Hyatt Siesta Key my resort home and I expect to spend more and more time here.

And it all started with a short vacation stay.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club? Share your experiences!