“Didn't know Florida made wine.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 5 Shopping in Siesta Key
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a new wine shop located on Siesta Key, FL in Siesta Key Village.
New York City, New York
“Didn't know Florida made wine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I discovered Tropical Wines on Trip Advisor while looking for things to do in Siesta Key so I thought I'd check it out. My husband and I love to taste the local wines where ever we go, so why should FL be an exception?! "Maureen" warmly greeted us and was very knowledgeable about wine. We liked the wines we tasted and bought a bottle of the Merlot along with some local fudge. This was a fun and worthwhile stop and I recommend this for any wine lover who visits the area.

Visited January 2012

Ashford, WA
“Great little wine shop - welcoming, fun, unique selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

My husband and I recently visited Siesta Key for a few days and came across Tropical Wines while strolling around the charming, laid-back village. We tasted some wonderful wines, and took home wine and delicious locally made fudge. Maureen, the proprietor, offered a warm welcome and solid wine knowledge. The shop not only carries a good selection of wines from around the world, it also specializes in Florida-made wines. Definitely worth a stop while in Siesta Key or worth the drive over from Sarasota.

Visited December 2011
Largo, Florida
“A warn greeting and an inviting smile. A must visit on the Key.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stopped in at this quaint shop and were greeted by the owner. The shop was tidy and clean and had a laid back local feel. She offered a taste of the locally produced wines. They were delightful. We bought 2 bottles of the Chocolate Raspberry Port. Our favorite. We enjoyed our short visit and will be back again.

Visited September 2011
SiestaKeyWines, Owner at Siesta Key Tropical Wines, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review! It makes us feel so good when we can help our guests have a good time while visiting us on Siesta Key! Hope to see you again!
Pittsburgh
4 attraction reviews
“Cute shop with fantastic wines!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Every wine we tasted was great! They have such a unique varity of wines. They also have salsas, jellies, hot sauces, and cute wine accessories. The owner was such a nice lady. It was just a fun experience and we will defenately do it again the next time we r there. I absolutely recommend everyone stop in!!

Visited August 2011
Clearwater, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Worth a look and a tasting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

My friend and I stopped in just to look around after we saw the "wine tasting" sign. I was up for the tasting but initially, my friend was not. We ended up leaving the small shop with a bottle of Merlot for me (surprisingly, very good) and 3 bottles for her...2 red and a white, all of which she said met her taste and drinkabiity criteria; a little bit sweet and good on the palette. Definitely worth stopping in to sample the variety of wines they have available for tasting and purchase.

Visited July 2011
SiestaKeyWines, Owner at Siesta Key Tropical Wines, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review. We always are on a quest to bring the Best wines to our visitors. Many people think that Florida only produces sweet wines. Well, that's not true. There are over 40 wineries here in Florida and our job is to seek out the Best of Florida and get the word out that we make some really nice wines! I always get a kick out of people that are shocked when they find out that Florida makes wine. We have everything here!, (except mountains!)