“It's all about those sweet potato pancakes!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Vegetarian, Family Fare, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Youngstown, Ohio
“It's all about those sweet potato pancakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Thanks to all the previous positive reviews, on our vacation to Siesta Key, we made certain that the Sun Garden Café was on our list. We love sweet potatoes, and thought the sweet potato pancakes sounded intriguing. They were better than we had ever expected! Yum. They were hot and thick and sweet, and the wonderful pecan butter and syrup was the icing on top of the cake, so to speak. We ate outside on their lovely patio, surrounded by palm fronds. A very nice place. Also, they had the cutest driftwood bench out front. Lots of personality.

• Visited June 2013

Arlington, Texas
“Best Breakfast I can remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Great atmosphere - outside on a side street, no traffic noise
Great staff - Joe was really friendly, but not overly so.
Great food - My wife and I both had omlettes, strange names, but great food. Just look for the one with wavy gravy on top, sounds odd, but very tasty,
Great leftovers - enough for tomorrow's breakfast for sure.
Heading back in a couple days to try the seafood benedict.

• Visited November 2013
Springfield, Illinois
“Great breakfast and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here but forgotten what a good experience it was. This morning's breakfast put me in a good mood to travel home. Excellent egg white omelet with feta cheese and other interesting things (green salsa I think) with best bacon I've ever had. Excellent service by Joe (who put me in a good mood to fly most of the day; nice to benefit from someone's good cheer.) Nice atmosphere to eat outside, and I'll remember to try this place for things other than breakfast the next time I return.

Visited October 2013
Acworth, Georgia
“Best breakfast on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Another visit to Siesta Key means another breakfast & brunch at the Sun Garden Cafe. Great food, some unique choices, great servers, great value. Perfect outdoor seating area, love the couch-style seating. Server from another area stops by to top off my coffee and chat - priceless! It's places like this that makes us wish we were locals. Thank you folks, we'll be back on our next visit.

• Visited October 2013
Florida
“Best Breakfast & Lunch on Siesta Key!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The title about says it all! I LOVE the Sun Garden and so do all my friends, family, and visitors. Everything is very fresh and made to order. They are only open for breakfast and lunch, so they close early. All the breakfast entrees are wonderful. I had the "Elvis" on my last trip there...so good! My favorite lunch to share with a friend is the boursin stuffed roasted figs, the SG salad, and the Cajun seafood wrap....DELICIOUS! Oh, and don't forget to order a carafe of homemade Sangria...I love both the red and white...but the White Peach Sangria is my favorite! Enjoy!

Visited October 2013