“Peaceful Beach Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sara Sea Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Siesta Key
Sara Sea Resort
GreenLeadersGold level
Kansas City, MO
“Peaceful Beach Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

After a long work week in Orlando, my hubby treated me to a long weekend at the beach! He found the room online and was able to book it for a special rate--always a bonus. The room we booked was one of their smaller ones, but they still managed to squeeze in a kitchenette complete with full-size fridge, sink, dishwasher, stove-top, and microwave. The room was always clean, comfortable, and nicely furnished. The bed was very comfortable and we were able to sleep soundly.

The beautiful beaches of Siesta Key were less than a mile's walk away. The resort has free beach chairs, towels, and toys for kids you can check out from the main office and carry down to the beach with you to use. (Next time, I won't worry about bringing my own beach towels!)

We also had good luck finding wonderful places to eat near by--our favorites were Owen's Fish Camp in Sarasota and Village Cafe in Siesta Key.

It was a wonderful getaway all around! We can't wait to come back! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is my third time at the Tropical beach resorts and have really enjoyed each and every one of them. It is a clean well maintained resort. They pay attention to the details. If I had to find a negative it would be that the pillows are too hard and there always seem to be someone using a noisy leaf blower.
Excellent housekeeping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I decided to come here to celebrate our anniversary. We'd taken a very early morning flight so we were really looking forward to taking an afternoon nap and then going out to celebrate. No sooner had our heads hit the pillow, then the landscaping started. There was a crew with CHAINSAWS right outside our room. After listening to this for well over an hour, I finally called the front desk to complain. The front desk basically told me to deal with it. They assured me it would be over soon. After another hour, I called back. Again, no help whatsoever. Finally, out of desperation, I sent an email to a manager on the hotel paperwork. Ultimately, the chainsaws and leafblowers went on for hours. By 5pm (after about 3 + hours), we couldn't take it any more and we left the room--exahuasted. I can't stress how loud and obnoxious this was. This was made worse by the fact that when I made the reservations, I specifically asked for the quietest room possible. They assured me they could handle the request. Ummm, not.

Eventually, I did receive an email from a manager who said I could stop by the office before 9pm. I'm not sure why, I clearly explained the problem? She offered us champagne(?--we never got that) and offered to help us find another room at another resort. I didn't get the email until several hours later and by then it was well past 9pm. She never followed up. Quite frankly, I didn't want to have to chase her down again. This was supposed to be our vacation. I wanted to leave immediately; however, my husband didn't want to pack up and try to find another place. We ended up staying a few more nights. We did hear the chainsaws sporadically, but we were determined to make the best of things and just started spending the day away from the "resort".

Also: this hotel is not what I'd call a resort. True, there's a pool. However, this hotel is in very crowded area so there isn't really a whole lot of privacy or peacefulness. You're basically walking through a parking lot to get to the narrow brick-laid and palm-tree lined path that leads to the beach. Way more blacktop than palm trees.

Another issue is that this place is set up like a strip motel. When we looked at the website, we thought we'd be able to open the large picture window and see a beautiful view (referring the Destination room here). However, the "view" is actually parking spaces. Needless to say, the blinds stayed shut.

The beach: this place boasts a private beach. However, this beach is shared with other resorts. This area would be to your left when you walk down the path. Very small and geographically limited--it's at the very end of the beach. To your right, the beach belongs to Beach Club and they stake their section with chairs and umbrellas that are already set up and only available to their guests. The end result is a very cramped beach. Also, of note is the fact this section of the beach is definitely rockier and not as soft as Siesta Beach. We love to walk on the beach and this section actually hurts your feet because of the shells/rocks. Think of it more Sanibel-like as opposed to Siesta Key.

My final suggestion: Skip this resort. If you want to stay on Crescent Beach, go to Crescent Towers and get a room beach-side. Much, much better location (actually on the beach) and much bigger section of beach.

If you do go with this resort: be sure to ask about landscaping. Seriously. The chainsaws and leaf blowers will drive you mad! Also, be sure to visit Siesta Key public beach. It's only a short drive away and worth it. The beach is much, much bigger and has the absolutely delightful sand that you're looking for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Merritt Island, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

First off I’m not one to write reviews but I was thoroughly impressed and couldn’t resist. I did plenty of research before choosing this specific hotel. I read reviews, viewed pictures and hoped that it all lived up to what everyone said it was. Hands down it was amazing! We arrived rather late for check in but the front desk lady was very helpful and pleasant. We stayed in two different rooms only because we upgraded to a bigger bed our second night. Both rooms were extremely clean and felt like a home away from home. The rooms were nicely upgraded and very much to our liking. It was a pleasant and short walk to their beautiful white powered sandy beach. Siesta Key itself was very tranquil ,the village was a few miles down the road which we enjoyed as well. I highly recommend this for anyone who is just as stubborn and particular as I am when it comes to choosing a hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Just returned this morning from Siesta Key. Perfect Beach even with the winds from hurricane Sandy. Had to leave a day early because of flight changes but really recommend this hotel and this area. We were there celebrating our 15th anniversary, upon check in the staff delivered a bottle of champagne. Despite the fact that we did not drink it, we thought it was very thoughtful. Many highlights for us, but the quaintness and location were awesome. As well as the beds - super comfy. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2012
Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have nothing bad to say about this resort. The room was perfect. Very clean and updated. The resort staff was very friendly and very helpful. Chairs and beach towels to "borrow" from the front office, however you can rent beach chairs and umbrellas on the beach. Located at the North end of the island, which is very quiet, with just enough restaurants, bars, and stores within walking distance. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are on the beach, however, its just a short walk, <2 minutes to the beach.