“Guided kayak tour around Jim Neville nature preserve.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 15 Activities in Siesta Key
More attraction details
Owner description: Recently voted "Small Business of the Year" by Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce and "Runner Up Small Business Award 2012" with Longboat Key Chamber. Join one of our Kayak Tours around the Jim Neville Nature Preserve only $45 per person best price in the area!
Toledo, Ohio
“Guided kayak tour around Jim Neville nature preserve.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

What a great tour! This was our first experience kayaking. Our tour guide Todd is a Sarasota native and it really shows. He gave us a very rich talk about the area, it's history, and ecosystem. This has been the highlight of our week!

Visited October 2014

New York, New York, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Very helpful, reasonable prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

The staff was incredibly helpful, even directing us to another local rental place when they didn't have the type of umbrella we needed. We were also looking for beach toy rentals and they happened to have some on hand from another family who had called ahead and requested them. Easy returns, too. Highly recommended!

Visited August 2014
“Owner not helpful - equipment adequate.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I mistook this place for a similarly named one...I regretted it the second I booked the rental.

I came during early morning rush to rent 4 paddleboarlds for my kids. Every question I asked was met with an annoyed smirk..making me feel like a fool for asking. I didn't think "Which launch site do you recommend for kids?" was such a far fetched question. Perhaps I came in when owner was shorthanded and stressed with the early morining rush of people planning their day ...but between the annoyed responses to any possible question i could ask and listening to him do the same to every phone call coming in.. it's clear this man thinks customers are an annoyance and it makes for a not tourist friendly place.

No rates were posted either...and he went ahead and charged the card without even mentioning it...when I asked if that was for a full day he even had the nerve to argue with me "What are you going to do with the boards for the whole day?" Whether I wanted to lie on it all day like a beached whale or try to paddle to Portugal and back, the rate was a little high compared to competition and the question was a fair one.

We spent nearly $200 for four paddleboards for a half day...that's more than we paid for our car rental for the week.....would have at least liked to feel good about who we were handing the money to.

Equipment was adequate.

Visited August 2014
lovefun33, Manager at Siesta Sports Rentals, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
We are sorry that your experience with Siesta Sports was not a happy one. Our prices are very competitive with other similar businesses and you were charged the 4 hour rate. Our price lists are at the front door and beside the cash register for everyone to see. Our employees do remember you and apologize for any misunderstanding and are sorry for the way the transaction was handled . We just needed to determine whether you wanted a 4 hour rental or a full day as our paddleboards were being booked quickly due to the busy week. After you had made the transaction for the paddleboards and left the store you then came back to say you could maybe get a better price elsewhere so we offered you a full refund which you declined and went ahead with the initial rental.
Gilbertsville, PA
“Great for kayak rentals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We rented a double kayak from Siesta Sports Rentals. The gentleman behind the counter was friendly and helpful. They deliver the kayak to the boat launch area of Turtle Beach (about a 10 minute drive south). We met them there, where they put the kayak in the water, gave us a brief intro about kayaking and about the area where we would be, and sent us on our way. We were told to call the office when we returned, and someone would come to pick up the kayak. (Actually, when we returned, we didn't need to call because they happened to already be there picking up other kayaks.)

We spent about 3 hours on the water, and about 30 minutes on a secluded beach that was marked on the small map that they gave us. In this area, you are basically kayaking around the Jim Neville Marine Preserve and Little Sarasota Bay.

One suggestion - if you are going out by yourself (without a guide), be sure you pay attention to the landmarks on your way out, so you know what to look for on the trip back. The small map that they give you does not provide sufficient detail. IMO, the map should have some of the nautical marker numbers that are in the area. There was only one marker on the map, which was not at all helpful to us.

Visited May 2014
Long Island City, New York
“Siesta Sports Rental is an excellent honest bike rental store.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Siesta Sports Rental is an excellent honest bike rental store. They are friendly, kindly, competent and reasonable. I trust them to do work on my bicycle and know they guarantee their work. They are conveniently located. They are all around good people. I highly recommend them.
Dr. Carol P.