“If I were a dog, I'd be rolling in this food.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 35 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Chicken Wings, Oyster Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Siesta Key Oyster Bar is THE Hot Spot in Siesta Key Village! Come in and join us for great food, fresh oysters, cold beer, live music, and tons of fun!Siesta Key Oyster Bar (or as the locals call it "SKOB") is the hangout with the laidback, beachy atmosphere that will get you right into the Island Spirit. When you're at SKOB you feel right at home, like you're hanging out with good friends on your back patio (although chances are the ceiling of your patio is not covered in dollar bills).One of the things that sets SKOB apart from the other bars in Siesta Key Village is that we have some of the best food on the Key.Join us for Crustacean Happy Hour, every day from 3-6.1/2 price Oysters and Crawfish
Treasure Island, Florida
“If I were a dog, I'd be rolling in this food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Ended up eating at SKOB 4 times in three days. The food was great, the servers were friendly and you can sit outside and watch Siesta Key village life unfold. Great entertainment every night we were there.

Visited November 2012
bethskob, Owner at The Siesta Key Oyster Bar, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
We just have to say we review all of the posts and we appreciate yours. Its cute and funny and is all about SKOB. Thanks again for coming out and we are "tickled", you enjoyed your stay!

Sarasota, Florida
“Love SKOB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Love SKOB - we are locals and eat here all the time. Sunday Bruch is great! They have live music and great food nights

Visited October 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“What has happened to the margaritas??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was always my favorite place for my favorite drink - a Margarita. Just got back in town for the winter and headed to SKOB. My first margarita was terrible - tasted like it had been made from a dry powder mix, watery, no real lime taste and certainly no tequila taste. It was a busy Friday night so I figured maybe the bartender had made a mistake of some sort and I made my own mistake of ordering another one. I had planned to watch the drink being constructed but got sidetracked and didn't get to see where it had come from. This second drink was absolutely no better than the first. Because it was so busy, I wasn't comfortable complaining at the time. However, I'll give it one more try (maybe during the week) and see what happens. I'm really disappointed!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Midwest
“Average lunch, maybe they are better other times...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We popped in to SKOB for lunch on a Monday, so it was fairly quiet and relaxing. The food was simply average...I ordered a Grouper sandwich with jerk seasoning, but the jerk flavor was barely detectable. My friend had an Oyster Po' Boy which really could have used another handful of oysters to fill out the sandwich, but he said the flavor was good.

Sadly, our waiter seemed completely uninterested in serving us in the first place, never checked on our food, and once he left the bill disappeared again...so he ended up with a bigger tip than deserved just so we could leave without waiting any longer to get change! Overall, while nothing was horrible, it was disappointing to come here based on good reviews and end up with a ho-hum meal, fair to poor service and nothing to rave about. I'm hoping it was an off day and can see how SKOB would be a fun place for drinks and casual evening dining, but our lunch experience was simply average at best...

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for visiting SKOB. We take food quality very seriously our chef has reviewed your comments. We would like more information regarding your server, As we Focus heavy on customer service training. Please Write me at my personal email at
Bethskob@gmail.com. Again thank you and please be sure, We have addressed your concerns.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A true ambassador for excellent food, drinks and customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We had a fairly large group, we asked if we could keep our server jackie as we needed a bigger table. The seafood platter, the selection of drinks, and that's before we get onto the burgers and sandwiches, oh and don't forget the oysters! The staff and other customers were so friendly and welcoming. There is also live music, I think the band last night was called swamp donkies, they even played an old irish tune for me. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. I would love to see them open a branch in Manchester.