“Nice rooms but a bit expensive.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shalimar
Winter Springs, Florida
“Nice rooms but a bit expensive.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel was nice overall. I was here for a work trip and this was the only Marriott around. Rates were higher at 149 a night in November. Was on the back side by cheers club and had no noise complaints.

• Stayed November 2012
PJDvpsfi, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-Eglin AFB, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We thank you so much for your very kind review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again when visiting the Fort Walton Beach area!
Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn while visiting our daughter who is stationed at Eglin AFB. We prefer Marriott properties and often stay at a Fairfield when looking for an economy hotel. The Fairfield Inn Fort Walton is a nice property. It is within minutes of Eglin AFB, very clean, and well maintained. The breakfast buffet is typical Fairfield i.e., nothing special but beats going out and paying for an expensive breakfast in town.

The only thing that made our stay less than enjoyable was the thin wall between our room (124) and the room next to us. We literally heard EVERYTHING that went on in the other room and consequently did not sleep well the first night. When we informed the front desk the next day the staff was very accommodating and moved us to another room (a suite). The bummer about the move was that I left my Air Force jacket in the closet of the first room and ended up losing it in the move.

I recommend the Fairfield if you are looking for a moderately priced hotel convenient to Eglin AFB but you may want to avoid room 124 and request the most sound proof room when checking in.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 124, and ask for a sound proof room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PJDvpsfi, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-Eglin AFB, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We thank you so much for posting your review, for it is through communication that we may better serve our guests.
WE HAVE GREAT NEWS!!! We found your Air Force jacket! It seems that it may have fallen in the hallway when you were switching rooms and our Guest Room Attendant did not know who it belonged to when she found it.
We are terribly sorry that your experience was less than satisfactory, but we hope the room change made all the difference.
We look forward to your call and we thank you for visiting!
Waldorf, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Second trip to this hotel for business and it was ok for the purpose. Close to the job in FL. Staff was friendly, hotel was clean. Cheers bar is right behind so if you get a room on the back side beware. First trip our car license plate was stolen, but no issues on the second stay. Breakfast was ok, nothing special. Overall, I would return for business, close to local shopping and day to day business. Also close to the airport, pretty much a straight shot.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We thank you so much for taking the time to post your review, for it is through guest feedback that we are better able to improve our hotel for all of our guests.
We are very happy to report that we are in the final planning phase of many new upgrades, including a delicious hot breakfast! Please call for details!
We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again when visiting the Fort Walton Beach area!
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel if your in town to do business at eglin AFB. You can't get any closer with a hotel this new. My only tidbit of advice is ensure you have a room away from the bar next door called Cheers or you will here them and the music until 10pm when the sound ordenence kicks in.

• Stayed August 2012
PJDvpsfi, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-Eglin AFB, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We apologize that you were unhappy with your room. Please know that you, our guest, are our first priority and anytime we can make a change to fulfill our promise to you we are happy to do it!
We thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott brand and look forward to seeing you again when visiting the Fort Walton Beach area!
Kearney, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Poorest Marriott Property I have stayed at in the 51 days I have stayed at Marriotts. As a gold card holder Igot a smaller room due to storage closet opposit the elevators & ice machine when hotelless than 20% full. Found soiled linens on bed. Room facing a bar with a very lound band that played from 7-10 pm

Room Tip: Sttay on entry side of hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We apologize that you were unhappy with your room and your stay. As a good neighbor to other businesses we practice mutual respect, while also honoring each other's guidelines. We understand that some of our guests enjoy the entertainment and convenience of this facility while others do not. Please let us know whenever you are visiting if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable. We always make our guests' needs a priority!
We look forward to your visit when in the Fort Walton Beach area in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here for a week on business, the suite was spacious and fairly clean (the bed and bathroom were fine, the sofa in front of the TV smelt a bit suspect so I never sat on it after the first time I tried it), decent amenities including a fridge, MP3 player dock and two TV sets. The breakfast was fairly basic but covered all the bases, from fresh fruit to sugary cereals, via prepacked microwaveable sausage biscuits. The staff were all excellent, friendly and full of good advice as to where to eat.

If you like an early night I'd avoid getting a room that looks out over the back if possible, there's an excellent but noisy dive-bar right next to the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a front-facing room, if you're planning on early nights.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay. If we can ever be of assistance while you are here please be sure to ask. Our Guest Service Agents are always willing to help!
We look forward to your next visit to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-Eglin AFB.
Harriman, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was traveling to Eglin AFB to visit my stepson and booked a room at this hotel due to it's proximity to the base and my being a dedicated Marriott user. The room rate was a little high for a Fairfield but I realized it's a tourist area and they have an upcoming holiday week so figured it's just normal seasonal pricing.

I booked through the normal Marriott site but later found the same hotel and room on hotels.com for $30 cheaper per nite. I called the hotel and asked them if they would match that rate since I had already booked with them but found the lower rate. I was informed that I was lucky to have gotten the rate I did when I booked as it has now increased by another $21 a nite. I mentioned again that it was right now available on hotels.com for $120 a nite and I just wanted them to match the rate. Again, I was told that there was nothing they could do. I mentioned my loyalty to the hotel brand and my surprise that they were unwilling to work with me considering I can book the room at the lower rate using a third party operator.

Long story short, I canceled the reservation with them and booked it through hotels.com. Upon arrival, they informed me that I would not receive ANY credit towards my rewards account since I had booked it through expedia (which I guess is also hotels.com). I asked them to put my number in the system regardless since I was using one of their crappy credit cards to pay for incidentals (i didn't acutally use those words lol).

Upon checkout, I asked for a receipt but was told again that they couldn't provide me with anything since I booked through expedia?!?!

I forgot to mention that I sent an email to Marriott expressing my concerns about the customer service prior to my departure for the hotel. I received a reply that they would forward my complaint to the hotel's sales department. The next day I received an email from the sales manager at the Residence Inn in Sandestin?? I assume they must be part of the same local franchise. He informed me that I would be more than welcome at the Residence Inn but that their rates where higher than the Fairfeld Inn????? That's pretty much the extent of the interaction and customer service I received. I have not to this point experienced such a lack of concern for the customer from Marriott.

I have a few more points I have to collect for a week in Hawaii at a Marriott and then I believe I may be finished with them in favor of the Hilton brand for awhile. Hopefully they'll listen a little more when someone has an issue.

Oh...as for the hotel however....it's actually a decent hotel. Very clean and well kept. I typically don't stay at Fairfields due to their lack of ammeneties but this one was actually pretty nice. Room was a little small but everything was clean, worked well and had everything you could need for a standard hotel room.

Room Tip: Book through Marriott and pay the higher prices if you want your rewards points :)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I'm so sorry that your reservation process and your stay were made so difficult and unpleasant for you. Our guests are very important to us and our Promises are a pledge to you that we will get it right. Unfortunately, I can now only apologize for your unfortunate experience, but should you be traveling to the Fort Walton Beach area in the future we hope you will contact our management team directly so we can make it right! This is our Promise to you!
We thank you for your Marriott loyalty.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!