“What happened?” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bangor, Maine
“What happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We began going to Spotos a couple years ago and recommended it highly. The food was excellent and the service impecable.
We have returned there twice this year and were disappointed both times. The first revisit this winter our service was excellent but the food was not... my steak had the texture of processed meat. Our second visit (I think one should always give a place a second chance) was equally unimpressive. My escargot was, indeed, small (very small) morsels of snail in a very garlicy, salty butter sauce that was not steaming hot (as escargot should be served). The parmesan cheese wedges were tough and chewy. My husband's prime rib was not medium rare (as ordered) and had a very significant sinew running through the meat.
We won't be returning since Spotos is not a cheap place to dine!

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Brigus, Canada
“Best Place to Celebrate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We go to Spotos at least once every time we visit Florida. This time we were with a party of 6 and we were seated promptly. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food and drinks were delivered speedily and were served with courtesy. The complimentary made in house pate was delicious. The bread was hot and fresh. They carry an excellent selection of wine and beers. There is a separate dining room and bar dining area. Reservations as recommended as they are very busy at peek season and meal times. The prices are good for the meals served as they are not pre processed like chain restaurants. This is a linen service restaurant although dress is casual and shorts were seen everywhere for dinner. The atmosphere and decor says class and expensive but it is welcoming and warm. There is a live music area in the bar with a small dance floor.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seminole, Florida
“NEVER AGAIN, FINALLY LEARNED MY LESSON!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Ok, this wasn't my first time and I should have known from a couple previous experiences that nothing would change. However, this time I was shocked at the rudeness of the owner and how he handled a complaint from a table of five women. It started with going on the web and seeing the 2 for $26 dinner deal. We were given menus and the waitress mentioned the 2 for $26 deals also. I noticed in the menu that it said 2 for $28 so I asked her why the discrepancy? She said, oh let me ask. Apparently they went up on the price. A couple of us spoke up and mentioned we had just gone on the website right before we got there. The Assist. Mgr. was sent over and we mentioned to her that it was only fair to honor the price advertised. Her reply was snobby and she said she'd bring the owner over. He was so RUDE from the word go! He said, if you don't like the price, don't come back! TALK ABOUT A SHOCKER!!! What kind of owner of a business tells you something like that? For real, that's how you treat customers? He proceeds to stick out his hand and shakes the friends hand. She said, don't worry, we won't ever come back!!! We had to stay there because we were heading to a meeting and we were running out of time. So they apparently held our ticket and we didn't get our meal until one hour later. So I ask, why would anyone want to entertain this rude schmuck and ever step a foot into his establishment? Not any of us five will ever again, not that it matters to the owner. We did not penalize the waitress since her hands were tied. In the past I had a problem with them adding 16% gratuity onto the bill with take out service (apparently they add the gratuity onto every single bill no matter how large the size). The first time I brought that to the attention of the owner he acted all surprised and said he'd be looking into that matter because that's not how he runs his business. Yea, that was all smoke. I ordered a month later take out again and it was all the same racket. I just thought I'd give it one more try with my friends (2nd time as a group of five) but so regretful that I did. They just don't care and in the past it's hit or miss with the food & they still do not care! So be forewarned and keep in mind, there are tons of restaurants, good restaurants in this area besides this place!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Seminole, Florida, USA
“Great Food and Entertainment!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Spoto's is a "higher" end Restaurant right in the Neighborhood and close to the Gulf Beaches, offering excellent Food and Entertainment by Singer, Anthony. Nice atmosphere whether in the Restaurant or Lounge; also has Specials on Food and Happy Hour Cocktails on a regular basis. Would recommend to all.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seminole, Florida
“Spoto's not good any more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Used to be a very nice place. Things have gone downhill in the last 18 months. They must have anew chef since the food is now nothing special. Diner food at best. A definate stay away. I used to enjoy the steaks and chops here. sorry I have to diss them

• Visited November 2013