“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Seffner
Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The staff was great and was available for anything I needed. The room was very comfortable and quite. The eggs were a little crunchy, but everything else was wonderful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CountryInnTampa, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tampa East, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking time to complete the review on Country Inn & Suites Tampa East.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to meet you again.

316 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Jacksonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What a great surprise this find was! We were in town for a concert at the amphitheater and found this hotel online. The rate was great! The hotel was clean and the staff was very accommodating. It took us less than 10 minutes to get back and forth from the concert. The room was very well done and clean. Super comfortable bed. The breakfast the next day was quite good and filling. We appreciate knowing this is close to so much to do in Tampa, convenient to get in and out of and easy on the pocketbook!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CountryInnTampa, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tampa East, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the wonderful comments you left on your review. We are pleased that your stay was exactly what you hoped for and will return to our facility upon your future trips to Tampa.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Upon entering, I thought, "Oh! This place is sooo charming!" The lobby really is gorgeous and the location is relatively convenient to the Fairgrounds. However the staff was so incredibly rude, right on up to the manager.
I booked a pet-friendly room only to discover -after checkin and settling in and finding the "rules" posted - that they have horrendous rules. First of all there's only a couple rooms in the entire building that pets are allowed to be in. Second of all they informed me there was $25 cleaning fee but hit my card for $250 and refused to correct it. I had to go through the credit card company.

IT gets bad in the rules for the pet. The pet is not allowed to be left in the room AT ALL. As pet parents, we specifically need a climate controlled room for the dog to hang out in during the day. She's old, senile, quiet - likes the television. I generally leave her, for no more than a couple hours at a time - in front of the TV with plenty of beds, etc. This was not acceptable to the hotel. They expect the pet to be crated at all times - whether we're in the room with her or not.
Even if we opt to forgo maid service, she still isn't allowed to be out of the crate and they claim to reserve the right to enter any time whether we're there or not. Upon settling in, they actually did walk right in on me! Caught me changing, then proceeded to lecture me on how to dress in the privacy of my own room - this was the GM, a very nasty man.
Do not recommend at all and I feel their claim of being "pet friendly" is false. They may allow pets in a couple designated rooms but.. they are not 'friendly' toward them at all.
There are also cameras everywhere which normally is a good thing for security purposes but... this nasty manager had seen too much for my comfort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnTampa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tampa East, responded to this review, 1 week ago
First, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Yes, we do have pet rules here, however they are not as strict as you are portraying. Guests are told that as long as their DO NOT DISTURB sign is on the door, pets do not have to be crated. This is so housekeeping or anyone else does not enter the room. I can assure you that no one at this hotel has ever told a guest that we can enter the room at any time even if there is a DO NOT DISBTURB on the door. No one on staff at this hotel ever would. I have sat in the rooms with pets that were not crated, but the guest wanted the room cleaned, so I sat with the pet, while housekeeping cleaned the room. How many GMs do you know that would do that? We also require that pet rooms be cleaned every 3rd day, if the guest has not taken housekeeping. If you were hit with a $250 cleaning fee, it is because you had the pet in a non pet-friendly room. We keep them separatel so people with allergies are not checked into a room that has ever had pets in it. It should also be noted that there are no male managers here. If someone did accidentally walk in on you, they certainly did not lecture you on how to change your clothing in the privacy of your own room. I am resonably sure the only thing out or their mouth would have been a profuse apology. I apologize for being a little skeptical about this review, but it came a year after your stay. I have no way of knowing who you are and cannot investigate your claims. I can only respond with the facts of how we do business here.
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a good experience here. The staff was nice, free breakfast, the gym and pool were also kept in good condition. The only things is the the pullout couch bed could've been more comfortable but the master bed was great. It's right off the highway and the is a gas station where trucks stay overnight but u slept good not much noise

Stayed July 2014
CountryInnTampa, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tampa East, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to complete your survey on Country Inn & Suites Tampa East. The gracious comments are truly appreciated. Hope to see you again soon.
Daphne, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Terrible management. Don't think you will receive any customer service. If you speak to Debbie, be prepared to be berated, Will not take responsibility for their mistakes, and will continue to call you a liar. In my case, the employee admitted to their mistake but Debbie only response was liar. The lack of customer service is appalling.

• Stayed July 2014
CountryInnTampa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tampa East, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to give an honest review. I'm sorry you feel that you were berated and called a liar. I have never berated anyone in my lifetime and can't even imagine calling a guest a liar, for any reason. We strive to maintain a professional yet comfortable demeanor with our guests here at Country Inn & Suites, Tampa East. You were given a quick, easy solution to the problem at hand. I'm sorry you chose not to use it.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stood here for one week with family coming from Lancaster pa.Hotel was very clean check in and checking out was pleasant.Breakfast was great and saved me a bunch while on vac.Plenty of stores and restaurants around.My kids loved getting fresh cookies every time we got back to rest which was nice.I felt liked i was staying in a 4 star hotel at least.Overall for value this hotel is great and workers were very nice couldn't been happier.

• Stayed June 2014
CountryInnTampa, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tampa East, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for the very nice review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at Country Inn & Suites, Tampa East. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you this way.
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I traveled to Florida for a road trip together with my boyfriend three weeks ago and we booked the Country Inn and Suites in Seffner for the duration of our trip knowing we would be gone for many of nights in between so we did not need anything fancy.

This hotel exceeded our expectations. The staff are wonderful, very friendly and check in and check out were very smooth.

The rooms are very nice, spacious and very clean, really comfortable beds and the room had a lovely bathroom.

We had a bit of a stupid moment when trying to use the shower for the first time, and thought there was no hot water, we went to the front desk to notify them, and before we were even back to our room someone was there to fix it ( even though it was not broken, we just couldn't figure out how to use it properly.) This was excellent service.

We drove to Miami and booked a 4 star hotel for a couple of nights, and found ourselves missing the cleanliness and comfort of the Country Inn and Suites . The maids who clean the room are very friendly and don't mind to wait to clean until you have left, unlike the unfriendly ones we met in the "4 star hotel".

The location is great if you are interested in travelling around, not too far a drive from downtown Tampa or shopping malls, maybe 15-20 minutes. Very close to the highway, and there are plenty of food stores such as Walmart, Publix etc in the vicinity.

The hotel is situated next to a truck stop, which is also a gas station (serving hot fresh Cinnabon's...mmm) and our room was directly facing this, however we did not hear the trucks once.

Continental breakfast is offered and they serve the basics like cereal, juice, bagels, but also have a selection of hot food such as eggs sausages and waffles that you can make yourself. It is not very high quality food, we only used this once in 12 nights, but it is definitely edible.

One huge plus is the fresh cookies served every afternoon in the lobby. They are delicious and a very nice touch as the hotel always smelled like freshly baked cookies when we came inside.

Overall, a great experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for good value,good location, friendly service, and a very comfortable nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CountryInnTampa, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tampa East, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago

Been to Country Inn & Suites Tampa East? Share your experiences!