“Manager and Owner refused to reimburse me!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Seffner
Port Charlotte, Florida, United States
“Manager and Owner refused to reimburse me!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Seffner Country Inn & Suites during the Strawberry Festival in March. We accidentally left a few clothing items behind in a bag (T-shirt and a child's outfit). I called the hotel a couple of days later when I realized it. They said they would mail them to me. I told them to send it the cheapest way possible since the clothes weren't of huge significant value. They said they would. I asked for an estimate of what they thought it would cost. They told me about $7-$15, so I gave them my credit card number so they could ship it. I got the clothes a couple of days later and was billed $50.01 on my credit card!!! It had been sent Fed Ex Priority Overnight! I checked online to see how much it should have cost, it should have only cost $10.51 to send it the cheapest way by Fed Ex. I spoke to Fed Ex, and they said that it is solely the responsibility of the sender to fill out the shipping label of the package (which the hotel did not, they left the shipping method blank and told the driver to fill it out for them). I called the hotel to speak to the manager, who was rude to me and refused to reimburse me the difference. She was reluctant, but gave me the number of the owner. After several attempts to contact him, he finally called me back and also refused to reimburse me. I wasn't even asking to be reimbursed the entire amount, just the difference of $40 and he still refused saying that it isn't the hotel's responsibility to fill out the shipping method and if I wanted it shipped that way, I should have called Fed Ex myself and arranged it, then hung up on me! I can't believe that a business is willing to lose customers over $40, but my family and friends will NEVER stay at a Country Inn & Suites again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnTampa, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tampa East, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the comments you have posted notonly here but with the BBB. We appreciate you as a valued guest. Regretfully we can not control the amounts that FEDEX charges. There prices are an average and based on the weight and size of package, and where package is going. As with most people our staff is not perfect, but it was the FEDEX driver that marked how to ship your package. It was extremely busy the day your package was shipped, the driver did not ask our staff how the package was to be shipped, he checked what he thought was appropiate. Shipping items left behind by guest is not a requirement of any hotel chain but a courtesy. I sincerely apologize for the overcharge, but we did as any hotel would have done make sure your items were returned to you.

I do hope that you chose to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Derby. NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here the night before our cruise out of Tampa. The young women @ the desk at check in was so nice & helpful. When we got to our room it was beautiful, they had towel swans on the bed @ other towel animals in the bathroom, just like they do on a cruise. The woman @ the desk then called our room to see if everything was ok & the room clean & what we expected. How thoughtful! They had special parking in front to leave our car for the week, we didn't have to worry while we were gone. We told them the time we wanted to leave for the port & they were ready when we were. No extra charge for the transportation to & from port, just the tip for driver. The breakfast room was clean & plenty of food & seats. This hotel is great & when we go on a cruise again next year, I'm sure we will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I do hope that your crusie was a good one. I an so glad the cruise package worked well for your family. I hope that you will chose to stay with us again.
Waynesboro, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites, but chose one because it was close to the Strawberry Festival we were attending. Very nice place. Cookies in the lobby when we arrived and also coffee. Room was excellent, staff was very nice, and the breakfast was delicious.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side would be sunny
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review. I will be looking for you at Streawberry Festival time in 2014.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel was a nice place to stay. The staff was friendly and courteous. The cookies were good, too. We stayed for 6 nights in two different rooms. We have 5 people (2 adults and 3 kids (3, 7, 10) and the first room got a little small for us. We had two beds and a roll-a-way in the first room and we upgraded to a suite for the last 3 nights (2 beds in one room and a sleeper sofa in another).

The rooms were very quiet. Couldn't hear the highway, kids in the next room, or the semi trucks at the truck stop next door.

The breakfast was the one let down. The waffles and oatmeal were good. The eggs had corn and peas in it one day. That is very odd to us. The potatoes were hard one day and the flavor of them was not good. The bacon was very thin and didn't have much flavor. Two days they had burritos. The tortillas were crispy and would break when trying to wrap the eggs, cheese, salsa, etc. One day they had biscuits and gravy. This was very good. The only thing I think they could have changed is having the biscuits already heated. Had to microwave the biscuits to soften them up (per their sign).

The breakfast also had multiple cereals, yogurt, bagels, muffins, and drinks (coffee, OJ, Apple Juice, Lemonade, water, and milk). My wife stated the muffins were "okay."

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: if you have more than 4 people, then get a suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the comments about our hotel. We are at the mercy of our corporate office on our breakfast items. We will forward your comments to the corporate office hopefully they will help in making changes.
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have never stayed at a Country Inn before, and only did so because it is part of the Radisson family and found it on the Club Carlsson website. I needed a hotel for a few hours, we landed late at night into Tampa, and we planned to leave soon after breakfast the next morning headed for Orlando. I chose this hotel because it was on the route. It turned out to be in the middle of two or more truck stops. Would not have seen the hotel signs if I were not looking for it. It turns out, this is the perfect hotel for you if you land in Tampa but are headed out towards south or east Florida. It is right on the I-4.
We got there well past midnight. There was a nice lady sweeping the front courtyard, and it turned out she was the night desk clerk! The inn was sooo quiet, so pleasant, and soooo clean! This was the least "fancy" of the hotels we had booked for this trip, however, I feel that we got our money's worth here, at more than any other place. At breakfast, I expected the usual "out-of-a-box" variety. Was hoping to score maybe a banana, a coffee, maybe a yogurt. Instead, I found a waffle maker, that made the yummiest waffles I have had in a loooong time! They also had eggs and ham, with condiments so you could pick out your own toppings (cheese, onions), bagels, cereal, fresh fruit! Also the well-stocked vending machines were so inexpensive. My NY kids said "mom, why is it so cheap?" Drinks were a dollar or a little over, snacks were 60 Cents, 75 cents. I told them to hush and just say thank you, so used they are to overpriced vending machines! I am a Country Inn fan from now on!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad that our hotel has made you a Country Inn fan. I do hope than when you come back to this area you will chose to stay with us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had never stayed in a Country Inn & Suites before but as I was not able to get a room at our first choice hotel, booked this. And what a pleasant surprise it was! Welcoming receptionist, decent coffee, cookies - great start. The room was a good size, but it was the bed - without doubt the most comfortable bed we have used in a hotel. The breakfast buffet was acceptable. All said, great value, and certainly a group we will look out for again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
WOW...thank you so much for that outstanding review. I look forward to seeing you again when your travel needs bring you back to the area.
Haliburton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have come to count on Country Inns as reasonably good and reasonably-priced accommodations wherever we travel. And this one in east Tampa was no exception. The rooms are clean and quite well appointed and are offered at a price that seemed lower than expected - at least lower than several other Country Inns in the southern U.S.. Plumbing, television, windows, air conditioning, draperies, etc. all work as expected. The breakfasts are very good, with a nice selection of hot and cold options. I would really recommend this place if it fits your budget and location.

But, there is a bit of a "catch" - that being difficult access and distance to restaurants. The specific location makes it difficult to access by car - busy highway and off-ramps. And there is only one restaurant within convenient walking distance. Others are not too far away but require unsafe crossing of extremely busy streets and highways. To their credit they have a shuttle that is more than willing to drive you wherever you want to go. You have to call back and await the shuttle to pick you up. It's really very good service but if you simply would like to go for an evening stroll to a restaurant then this may be something to make you think twice.

I should also note that although located near busy streets and highways, the rooms are actually very quiet so road noise is not an issue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. We are located at a busy intersection with several restaurants that shuttle service is provided for. I do hope that you will stay with us again.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Tampa East? Share your experiences!