My family and I stayed at the Seffner Country Inn & Suites during the Strawberry Festival in March. We accidentally left a few clothing items behind in a bag (T-shirt and a child's outfit). I called the hotel a couple of days later when I realized it. They said they would mail them to me. I told them to send it the cheapest way possible since the clothes weren't of huge significant value. They said they would. I asked for an estimate of what they thought it would cost. They told me about $7-$15, so I gave them my credit card number so they could ship it. I got the clothes a couple of days later and was billed $50.01 on my credit card!!! It had been sent Fed Ex Priority Overnight! I checked online to see how much it should have cost, it should have only cost $10.51 to send it the cheapest way by Fed Ex. I spoke to Fed Ex, and they said that it is solely the responsibility of the sender to fill out the shipping label of the package (which the hotel did not, they left the shipping method blank and told the driver to fill it out for them). I called the hotel to speak to the manager, who was rude to me and refused to reimburse me the difference. She was reluctant, but gave me the number of the owner. After several attempts to contact him, he finally called me back and also refused to reimburse me. I wasn't even asking to be reimbursed the entire amount, just the difference of $40 and he still refused saying that it isn't the hotel's responsibility to fill out the shipping method and if I wanted it shipped that way, I should have called Fed Ex myself and arranged it, then hung up on me! I can't believe that a business is willing to lose customers over $40, but my family and friends will NEVER stay at a Country Inn & Suites again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be our guest at Country Inn & Suites hotel in East Tampa, where our friendly service and convenient amenities will make you feel perfectly at home. This new hotel in the Tampa area provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere sure to delight both business and leisure travelers. Our East Tampa hotel is conveniently located near I-75 and I-4, not far from Sabal Park, USF, Busch Gardens, the Florida State Fairgrounds, the Amphitheatre, Hard Rock Casino and Port of Tampa. This hotel in Seffner offers easy access to downtown, cruise terminals, concerts, gulf coast beaches, and shopping in the Tampa area. Our hotel offers countless amenities like free breakfast, an outdoor pool, Fitness Center and high-speed Internet access. Make your reservations today and see what sets us apart from other hotels in Tampa Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Carlson, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Tampa East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Tampa East Hotel Seffner
- Country Inn And Suites Tampa East
- Country Inn Seffner