“What a pleasant new discovery!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Seffner
New York City
“What a pleasant new discovery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have never stayed at a Country Inn before, and only did so because it is part of the Radisson family and found it on the Club Carlsson website. I needed a hotel for a few hours, we landed late at night into Tampa, and we planned to leave soon after breakfast the next morning headed for Orlando. I chose this hotel because it was on the route. It turned out to be in the middle of two or more truck stops. Would not have seen the hotel signs if I were not looking for it. It turns out, this is the perfect hotel for you if you land in Tampa but are headed out towards south or east Florida. It is right on the I-4.
We got there well past midnight. There was a nice lady sweeping the front courtyard, and it turned out she was the night desk clerk! The inn was sooo quiet, so pleasant, and soooo clean! This was the least "fancy" of the hotels we had booked for this trip, however, I feel that we got our money's worth here, at more than any other place. At breakfast, I expected the usual "out-of-a-box" variety. Was hoping to score maybe a banana, a coffee, maybe a yogurt. Instead, I found a waffle maker, that made the yummiest waffles I have had in a loooong time! They also had eggs and ham, with condiments so you could pick out your own toppings (cheese, onions), bagels, cereal, fresh fruit! Also the well-stocked vending machines were so inexpensive. My NY kids said "mom, why is it so cheap?" Drinks were a dollar or a little over, snacks were 60 Cents, 75 cents. I told them to hush and just say thank you, so used they are to overpriced vending machines! I am a Country Inn fan from now on!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnTampa, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tampa East, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I am so glad that our hotel has made you a Country Inn fan. I do hope than when you come back to this area you will chose to stay with us again.

319 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had never stayed in a Country Inn & Suites before but as I was not able to get a room at our first choice hotel, booked this. And what a pleasant surprise it was! Welcoming receptionist, decent coffee, cookies - great start. The room was a good size, but it was the bed - without doubt the most comfortable bed we have used in a hotel. The breakfast buffet was acceptable. All said, great value, and certainly a group we will look out for again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
WOW...thank you so much for that outstanding review. I look forward to seeing you again when your travel needs bring you back to the area.
Haliburton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have come to count on Country Inns as reasonably good and reasonably-priced accommodations wherever we travel. And this one in east Tampa was no exception. The rooms are clean and quite well appointed and are offered at a price that seemed lower than expected - at least lower than several other Country Inns in the southern U.S.. Plumbing, television, windows, air conditioning, draperies, etc. all work as expected. The breakfasts are very good, with a nice selection of hot and cold options. I would really recommend this place if it fits your budget and location.

But, there is a bit of a "catch" - that being difficult access and distance to restaurants. The specific location makes it difficult to access by car - busy highway and off-ramps. And there is only one restaurant within convenient walking distance. Others are not too far away but require unsafe crossing of extremely busy streets and highways. To their credit they have a shuttle that is more than willing to drive you wherever you want to go. You have to call back and await the shuttle to pick you up. It's really very good service but if you simply would like to go for an evening stroll to a restaurant then this may be something to make you think twice.

I should also note that although located near busy streets and highways, the rooms are actually very quiet so road noise is not an issue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. We are located at a busy intersection with several restaurants that shuttle service is provided for. I do hope that you will stay with us again.
Westland, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had a difficult time finding your hotel. My GPS said I was at my destination and all I saw was a truck stop. Maybe a sign out near the road would be helpful. I actually drove through the truck
stop to get to the hotel. Well worth the looks from the truckers :) Very nice, clean, breakfast was very good as well. Everything was fresh. You were recommended to my by someone who worked at Quality Inn and Suites, in Zepherhills, Fla. I was very surprised at how nice it was.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
I am so glad that you finally found us. It would be nice to have more signs but county codes prevent that. I do hope that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to seeing you again.
Cobourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very nice hotel, friendly staff and the best cookies with M & M's .... coffee, tea in lobby.... very nice touch. Breakfast was very good. Definitely will go back. Right beside Cracker Barrel and easy access to Interstate 4.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great review. The cookies are a great feature. When they are being baked at the front desk the smell just grabs you when you enter the lobby via elevator or front door. I do hope that you chose to stay with us again.
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed there one night to visit family and love this property. The staff is very nice and the rooms are very clean. The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. The only downer was there was no hot tub by the pool. Hotel offers free shuttle to Hard Rock Casino which is a bonus. They also offer a Park/Cruise package for any cruising out of Tampa. There is a Flying J next door for drinks and snacks and a Bob Evans across the street. Very convenient to interstate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for great review. I hope the next time you chose to stay with us you can take advantage of one of the great pakcages we offer.
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My recent stay here was comfortable. The room was very clean and the staff was very helpful and pleasant. The only reason it received 3 stars is the location. While convenient to I4 and I75, it is boxed in by the highway, a truck stop and an RV campground, making it a very busy area. Also, there was a gap under the room door that allowed hall noises to sound as if they are in the room with you. This was quickly remedied by rolling a towel and placing it on the floor inside the door.

Two things are very important to me when I travel: A clean and comfortable bed, and a nice shower. This had both and I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CountryInnTampa, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tampa East, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. We pride ourselves on having a clean hotel. I look forward ro your next visit.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Tampa East? Share your experiences!