“Would have rather stayed in my burned down house.” 1 of 5 stars

Masters Inn Seffner/Tampa East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6010 State Road 579 North, Seffner, FL 33584   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Seffner
Thonotosassa, Florida
“Would have rather stayed in my burned down house.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We Had a house fire & the Red cross put us up here, and we hated it. People hanging out side all hours of the day & night, drinking, smoking pot, making loads of noise. Apparently people actually live in the hotel. Care were driving through looking for prostitues. My wife got harrassed twice by someone looking for a good time. The rroms were dirty, carpets stained, walls dirty, and I swear there was what looked like blood spatter on the ceiling. Both my wife and I decided we would rather stay in our house that burned down & live in the living room which was the only room not effected, then stay here. Thats SAD!!!

Room Tip: Find another Hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel on a regular basis for approximately 3 years. Swimming pool clean/maintained. The rooms, past their heyday, are clean and well maintained. Staff embers are professional, yet friendly. No breakfast offered, but hot, fresh coffee is available all day. Big drawback, No Wi-Fi avail. But, if ultra modern amenities are not a concern, this hotel will certainly suffice and save the wallet.

• Stayed May 2012
Thomasville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We as me and my family (a family of 6) Heading to Plant City, not having alot of funds available we were looking for the best deal we could find, then we came across this motel. Wanting to stay 2 nights we decided to only pay for one night so we could see how it is. Well since there were 6 of us we had to have 2 rooms one handicap down stairs and one room upstairs. The room down stairs was infested with roaches, and these were not big roaches they were German roaches which means they are almost impossible to get rid of. the one upstairs had blood stains on the pillows. When we arrived there was a woman walking around knocking on doors wanting to sell something. The security guy who looks after the place looks like he should be in some elderly home. it was always loud due to traffic and truckers. there was no internet and very few tv channels. I wouldn't stay here again if someone paid me to. Stay Away!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Concord, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

Our trip was to visit 2 couples that winter in the Tampa area. I should have had a clue when they asked my husband to sign a no reimbursement clause even if we didnt stay the full week. He didnt tell me. We had a no smoking room that smelled like cigarettes. The laundry and housekeeping staff had cigarettes burning on their carts while working. Saw one woman with a cig hanging out of her mouth while folding towels. I spoke to them about it and the did not "get" it. The carpeting was old and filthy, I could not walk barefoot. The mattreses looked like they had black mold on the edges. One bed had a broken frame. I was bit by spriders I think. I dont think it was bedbugs. Also were told there was WIFI but that was only if you could still from the business next door. It was a busy place...mostly truckers for one night but 8 days there was way too much. Wouldnt stay for free

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Very nice place to stay. It was very quite and clean place

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

This is a decent, low cost motel which never claims to be something it is not. This is an older facility, and shows its age. There are no frills - not even a clock radio in the room. Management does appear to maintain the property and keep it clean. All I really needed was a decent place to sleep, and it served my purposes well. The people at the front desk were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
crystal river, florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

1st made reservation about a month in advance,,, told them I am in wheelchair and needed a handicapped room. Was told no problem,,,when we got there to check in,,, no handicapped rooms was available for that night. So told them ok,, and was put in one of worst pig pens I have every been in. Room was dirty, dirty. Had an old 19" tv with one broken speaker in it. Curtins were nailed to the wall and had cobwebs on the curtin rods. Was gone all the next day and didn't get back until late that evening so just went to bed. Asked the next morning about handicapped room and there was none available. They had one so called ramp or wheelchairs and 80% of all motor driver chairs would not be able to get up,, had to get a run at it and jump it up to walkway. Went to desk the 4th day and they told me they wondered where I had been,, they was holding a handicapped room for me and been for 4 days. Checked out and came home.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the motel
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Masters Inn Seffner/Tampa East? Share your experiences!