“Thank God!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Sebring

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Sebring to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Sebring
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6525 US Highway 27 North, Sebring, FL 33870 (Formerly Highlands Inn Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Sebring
Sebring, FL
“Thank God!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

When our AC went out this past weekend, my husband and I headed over to the QI. We had never stayed there before, but had eaten at their restaurant. We came in tired and sweaty. The woman at the desk was fantastic. She went out of her way to get us a first floor room with the coldest ac I'd ever felt. The next day, another woman gave us a late check out while our ac was being fixed.

They really went out of their way to help us - which is really refreshing.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

I travel to Sebring several times throughout the year to visit my two aunts who live there. I was fortunate to find the Quality Inn after several other less than acceptable stays at other hotels in the area. The Quality Inn has a very friendly staff, who always welcome me with a big smile when I arrive. I find it very comfortable and convenient, and that also have a great southern style breakfast buffet with all the belgian waffles and sausage gravy and biscuits you can eat. My aunts also love their nightly dinner specials, which is some of the best home-style cooking you've ever had. The burgers are great too. Little known secret I found while stranded at the hotel one day was the beautifully landscaped Olympic pool area with a relaxing natural waterfall to help you unwind. The bar was really hopping on Saturday night with Latin dancing, but I had previous plans unfortunately. Check it out, if visting or passing through Sebring, cause the Quality Inn is my new home away from home!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

The Quality Inn and conference center in Sebring is my hotel of choice when coming to the area. Great location, personalized service which is hard to find these days and convenient to several local golf courses. The restaurant has a great selection and is reasonably priced. Great hotel!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
sunrise, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

Have stayed at most of the hotels in Sebring before. This one is the most enjoyable as overall friendly and comfort goes. The staff here is the nicest. I have had some frustrating experiances before down the street and prefer the ease and hospitality of the Quality. I also like the little tavern off their lobby because you can get a great meal for not much money and have a drink without the worry of driving.

• Liked — staff & food
  • Disliked — wish they had big suites
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Palm Beach Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2008

My lover and I booked the reservation and were very happy with the hotel. Very clean, located close to everything. We loved the beds, they didn't make a lot of noise and were very soft. Would recommend this place to everyone. The staff were friendly.

• Liked — Very clean
  • Disliked — We had to leave
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brandon, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

WHO IS DOING THIS REVIEW:
I am male and am doing this review from the point of view of a man with his wife and small infant child.

FINDING THE HOTEL:
Not to hard to find if you are coming from the Orlando area. It will be on the right side of the road just past Avon Park. There is a Publix, Wal-Mart and some restaurants nearby if you need/want some things.

FIRST IMPRESSION:
The lobby was very nicely decorated. Had nice decorations and looked clean. I felt it was going to be a good stay

HOTEL ROOM:
Was not impressed at all with this considering the price and/or the amount of hotel points it takes to reserve it. We had a room "facing the pool" (was facing the inside but could not see the pool at all) and the room was close to the hall. Upon entering we find a nice musty smell but that I think was due to the fact of the age and the fact that the A/C has been off for awhile. The refrigerator that was included in the room look like someone kicked it down a flight of steps and put it back together. The worse part of the room has to be the small and ever growing presence of mold on the bathroom walls. Not enough to make you sick (yet) but it was definitely there. The bathroom door wouldn't shut and the shower was slightly dirty. At night, we were blessed to see many of God's creatures as all the mosquito's that were present in the room. I did have to go to that Wal-Mart down the street to get bug spray and bug-deterring wipes for my family. I didn't change rooms because we had other people staying at the hotel and they were having similar experiences and we were not there "on vacation". Also, the room did not have a microwave which really is a bummer if you need to microwave sterilize baby bottles. The front desk person told me that some rooms have microwaves and some don't but she had no idea which ones did and which one's didn't.

THE POOL:
The pool looked very nice and clean but we didn't have time to swim. My relatives who did have time to swim said the pool was also very nice.

THE BREAKFAST:
The breakfast was sub-par. It was edible. Standard fare of bagels, cereals, toast and such but they had biscuits and gravy which looked pretty runny. Good luck finding people to refill the food though if it runs low...we had to track people down to do that.

OVERALL:
Would I recommend this to a friend? In short, no. There is new hotel down the street towards Sebring on the left that looks nicer and if I have to come back, I will book there instead. I thought even with its aged state, this hotel could have been better taken care of. My family had to wear our swim shoes and slippers while in the hotel because I don't know what was on that floor or the shower floor. If you are down this way, keep driving and find a better place to stay.

• Liked — The bagels
  • Disliked — The Hotel Room and my non-paying mosquito roomates.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Bend, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2008

This is an older motel and way overpriced. It could use a good cleaning. The screw in our room's door lock was coming out. It did have a refrigeratore and microwave and the continential breakfast was good and had a lot of fresh fruit. When we were driving to the motel we called ahead to find the correct location. When we told the front desk person our location she told us to keep going north. After driving for some time and still not finding the motel we called again and were told to keep driving north. When I told her we were out in the middle of nowhere she talked to someone else who told us to turn around. (we had gone 20 miles too far) After finally getting to our room we called to ask where the ice machine was as it was not where the information said it was. Again the front desk told us they didn't really know as they had never been back there. She told us to go look again and call back if we couldn't find it. Someone else walking around finally showed us where it was. There was a race going on so maybe that is why the price was so high but I will look elsewhere next time.

Stayed March 2006

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Sebring? Share your experiences!