“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Sebring
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Beautiful old lodge. Staff was great, everyone was very helpful. Free Continental Breakfast had lots of choices every morning. Loved waking up each morning, looking (from our second floor room) over at the Lake that was across the street, behind the Elks Lodge.
The only negative was that we asked for a handicapped accessible room and they only had standard/full sized beds in them ( two standard beds in the room). My husband and I slept together in one of the beds the first night but, decided to each sleep in seperate beds for the rest of our stay. We were used to a queen bed. This was not that much of a problem.
We would definitly go back.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room, on the front, to get a view of the lake.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Breckenridge, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

While this is an historic property with funky rooms, the lobby and staff make it an excellent place to stay for a family gathering. I was there for four nights in January and felt very at home. I visited with family members I hadn't seen in 30 years and the lobby was perfect for that. We were all able to just hang out, play ping pong, pool, chess, do jigsaw puzzles, watch TV, visit by the fireplace. The staff made sure everyone had what they needed to enjoy their stay, they went above and beyond. They were responsive to any calls or issues. Daily breakfast was lovely. Plenty of parking. Cheap bar pricing in the lounge which is only open Thursday-Saturday nights and only serves beer, wine and soda. Nice workout room. It is not a fancy property in any way, but the amenities and staff make it a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

this hotel is very very very old.. it is not a 85.00 dollar a night hotel. it should like motel 6 rates I kept expecting ben franklin to walk in. rooms are awlful. I do not recommend this hotel.there is not more to say other then to high in price for what you get.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This hotel apparently was designed for tourists in 1916, as it lacks the ornate chandeliers old fancy hotels seemed to favor. My bicycling buddy and I were reluctant to stay there at first, as it was a bit pricey for us. But the location on Lake Jackson was perfect, and after checking out a suggested room, we gladly registered. Carrying our bikes up the old grand stairway to the 2nd floor was a snap, and our room was gigantic, the beds comfy and quiet. The staff was very helpful and dug out bicycle ride maps that annual tours run out of the hotel. We were disappointed that we couldn't open the windows to get fresh air, and wished the hotel provided HD cable rather than standard. On the other hand, the continental breakfast was outstanding and everyone was friendly. This is an environmentally friendly place that doesn't automatically wash everything every evening. I especially appreciate that.

Room Tip: The lone elevator is slow, so if you get impatient and can climb stairs, select a room on the 2nd fl...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Sebring, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband I decided to stay at the Kenilworth Lodge in Sebring so we could relax and spend sometime together. We asked for a room with a view of the lake and was told that's what we had. However, upon opening the door to room 212 There was NO VIEW, each window had an over grown Palm tree in front of it, the curtains have either been bleached or sun dried for far to long because they are just about to fall apart in places, the bed was lumpy and there was only ONE pillow for each of us. The ice bucket had hair on it and in it, and the TV was an outdated 19 inch box? The carpet was old and the overall fill of the room was that of a cheap sleazy motel, complete with a spider and its web in the corner of the room. So Not what I was expecting. Needless to say I didn't stay. I spent $95plus to look at this room just to leave two hrs later. I don't mind Historical but this was ridiculous.

Room Tip: I don't know about the Bungalows but I definitely would not recommend staying in the hotel/motel...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed at the Kenilworth Lodge in one of their bungalows, and this experience will stay engraved in my memory for many years to come ,especially my first night listening to the sound of the rain on the roof of my room as I fell asleep... if you are looking for the latest contemporary chain hotel, well this is not for you. However, if you are looking for a very charming, Floridian boutique hotel where the staff makes you feel like you are family, then you will not regret choosing the Kenilworth Lodge!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel will hold a special place in my heart. I was in needed of peace and quiet from the crazy pace of SOBE. I have travelled to many parts of Florida; this quaint little town provide me with tranquility, where I closed my eyes and took a delish nap on a porch. Something I have never done.

The staff, managers and owner made me feel at home. Sorry if I sound corny but it's my first true taste of southern hospitality. Thank you

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Kenilworth Lodge? Share your experiences!