“Best ethnic restaurant in town” 5 of 5 stars

3545 Us Highway 27 South, Sebring, FL 33870
Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Southern and Northern Indian cuisine.A private room available for conferences or parties.Lunch Buffet with dine in, take out, delivery, catering on all occasions.Dinner menu offers wide selection of choices from different regions and tastes. Wine and Indian/ domestic beers available.
usa
“Best ethnic restaurant in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a great little place. The food is excellent, the atmosphere pleasant and very clean, and the owners aim to please. The afternoon buffet Is the best bargain in town and the regular dinner menu is extensive and mouth watering. If you like Indian food, or just spicy food, this is the place. They will cook any dish and spice to your taste, from mild to hot. The cooks are top notch with an impressive resume. We are hooked and have been visiting one or two times a week for over a year.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shaji G, Owner at Taste of India, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your review and recent visit, wish you all the very best and see you soon.

George

Cooper City, Florida
“Authentic Indian food in Sebring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I brought my grandma and dad here while visiting them in Sebring. Neither of them had ever had Indian food before, so we thought it would be fun. The owner and his wife came to our table many times throughout our meal. They couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming. We had the vegetable samosas, naan, chicken korma, chicken tikka masala, lamb and coconut curry chicken. Everything was delicious! If you like your food with a little salt, make sure you ask before it's prepared because they go very light on it. Don't forget to try the mango lassi! We can't wait to go back.

Visited February 2014
Shaji G, Owner at Taste of India, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time, to review us, we look forward to see you again and our pleasure to prepare delightful meal for you and your family.

Lake Placid, Florida
“Still Great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

It has been well over one year since I first reviewed Taste of India and during that time I have been back there numerous times. It never fails to please and the owner and staff are even better. We generally like to come for the lunch buffet because we like having a nice choice of things to eat while, at the same time, I do not have to grow impatient with my wife and guests when they struggle over the many great menu choices while I salivate thinking about the great food to come. Fortunately, we have discovered a new way to eat dinner at Taste of India. We get to look at the menu but we speak to the owner (George) or any of the wait staff and just tell them what we like and what we feel like eating that night in general terms, He will ask some questions about certain spicey preferences and then procede to have prepared one of the best and tastiest Indian dishes you have ever eaten anywhere. Everything there is fresh, including the spices, and I have taken friends who have declared, "I do not like Indian food" and when they taste their meal they are immediate converts to Taste of India. This is truely a great restaurant and it really does not matter what your food tastes are. You can be a vegitarian or have a taste for chicken or partial to lamb or goat. You will find it on this menu and chances are that you will love whatever you get.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shaji G, Owner at Taste of India, responded to this review, February 16, 2014

Sebring
“Even the leftovers were great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Well, I never thought I would start a review with the leftovers; however, if you can say that the leftovers were great, you know you've had an outstanding meal.

My wife and I visted Taste of India on Super Bowl night. Since we had heard great things about the restaurant, we decided to try it on a night that most people would be watching the big game. We started with the Ragara Chat and the Mulligatawny Soup. Out of this world!! Between the two of us, there wasn't a speck left. My wife is primarliy a vegetarian; so, she ordered the Vegetable Saag with coconut milk instead of cream. She loved it!!

I order the Tabac Maz (rack of lamb), which came with lentils, basmati rice and grilled vegetables. Our server suggested to spoon the lentils over the rice; however, the rice was so flavorful (not overpowering), I enjoyed it by itself or with a bite of lamb. The lamb was truly the best I've ever eaten. Seasoned and cooked to perfection!! The grilled vegetables were delicious, as well.

Since we couldn't finish our entrees, we weren't even considering desert. That was until our server described the Chef's special homemade Kulfi (ice cream of sorts). We were tempted with mango. coconut, etc. We went for the coconut, thinking that we would have a couple bites each just to try it. Despite being full, we manage to eat it all. It was that good!!

Today, we had the leftovers. I butterflied the lamb chops and heated them on the grill and warmed up the rice and vegetables. WOW!!! Even though they were "leftovers", it still ranked as a very good meal. My wife felt the same about hers.

We had passed by the restaurant many times over the past few months heading to other places. We finally went on TripAdvisor to read the reviews and decided to give it a try. Taste of India has now moved to the "Top of our List". To think of all the time we wasted.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shaji G, Owner at Taste of India, responded to this review, February 4, 2014

Bassett, Virginia
“Authentic Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

If you have a taste for Indian food, then this is a restaurant I would recommend you try. On Saturdays, they have a nice buffet.

Visited January 2014