“florida trip with my folks” 5 of 5 stars

Receive Up To 25% Off!
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Sebring
Certificate of Excellence 2014
McMinnville, Tennessee
“florida trip with my folks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Clean and beautiful hotel. Was expecting much higher price but was surprised at the value and price. Also included was a A+ breakfast. This is a beautiful Inn on the Lake with flowers and birds all around. Easy check in and friendly folks at the counter. Beds was super comfy. This area is famous for golf courses and retired folks. We were just passing through from one side of Florida to the other. Worth staying if you are traveling through the area.

Room Tip: Rooms face the road and the lake. We had a room that faced the Lake in the back was sooo quite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the Inn on the Lakes for one-night only, unfortunately. The hotel is very quaint. The lobby is beautifully decorated and you could tell that it has been recently remodeled. My room (303) was updated as well and was decorated very nicely. It had a large bathroom which was updated too. Our room faced the lake, but the lake across the street from Hwy 27. The room got a little noisy in the morning due to traffic, but it would not prevent me from staying here again. A breakfast was included with the price of the room; it was well above what average hotels provide. The pool area was amazing and decorated with modern patio furniture. The gardens are beautifully landscaped. This hotel reminded me of an Italian villa. It was absolutely beautiful. I would definitely stay here again. In fact, we are planning a return trip soon. Don't forget to visit Highlands Hammock State Park which is close by; definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Tower building; they are nicer than the others.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Checking out several area motels in Sebring for an upcoming event, we compared pricing, accommodations and proximity to restaurants, etc. This was our first choice and after spending three nights during a very busy February event schedule we were very happy with the rooms and service. The restaurant had excellent food and the bar in the hotel was a plus. There were three choices of breakfast included with your stay, which was ample but not overwhelming. The parking lot was usually full in front but ample parking in the back and still felt safe to leave a vehicle parked. Pricing for this motel will run you approx $30 more/night but well worth the view if you ask for a lakeside room.

Room Tip: Ask for the main building lake side to get the best rooms with a view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Montrose, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We made arrangements through the hotel for a 2-day golf tournament. Nearly 50 people stayed for at least 2 nights, and we had a wonderful stay. The rooms were very nice, and the food was excellent. The staff could not have been more pleasant and enjoyable. Everything that was promised when we set up the outing, happened like clock-work. Everyone felt that the value was well worth the cost. The hotel made the golfing arrangements with local courses, and things were perfect. Evening meals were prearranged, and the food was fantastic both nights. A special thanks to the gals and guys that served the food and beverages. Very professional, and a lot of fun.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Riehen, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

On our round florida trip in February 2013 we slept one night at the hotel. It is perfectly situated for a visit of highlands hammock state park. The room with sea view was very nice. The dinner at the restaurant was good and the breakfast also. We had nothing to complain. Maybe the persons at the entry desk could be somewhat friendlier. But besides that we were very pleased with our stay and could highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the smaller lakes are probably a bit quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed here in the past and my experiences were always positiive until recently. At check in they did not have the non-smoking room I requested a month ago and stated that they were overbooked and I was moved to accommodate someone else who was staying longer. NOT FAIR! I went down to the restaurant and it just got worse. My dinner took forever and was cold. I sent it back and received a completely different entree in return. I asked to speak to the manager and after 20 minutes I got a free dessert from the extremely nice waitress but it was packaged up to go! Guess they just wanted me out of there. Never saw the manager and I got tired of waiting so I went back to my stinky room and slept with the windows open all night. Kinda scary and definetely too cold for that! I hope they can work out these issues.....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Was in Sebring to take part in the bike sebring 12 hour race. Arrived at 3am, welcomed by the front desk, no issues getting my room. It was clean and while not lavish certainly did the trick. Bathroom was clean, had a king bed and yet still had room to lay my bike stuff out. Microwave and fridge was also useful. The hotel property was reasonably well taken care of, staff very helpful. Breakfast, while full, was certainly not a big breakfast (this is not a Denny's breakfast included with your stay). A huge positive - when I tried to have my bags put in storage while i raced on saturday, mgmt allowed me to keep my room till 8:30pm given their current occupancy - a fantastic service that was a pleasant surprise. Ask for a room in the main bldg facing the lake.

Room Tip: ask for the main hotel, not a wing, and ask to face the lake versus the roadway as I needed the whit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Inn On The Lakes? Share your experiences!