“Comfy bed, but you get what you pay for.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 Highway A1A, Satellite Beach, FL 32937 (Formerly Days Inn Satellite Beach)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Satellite Beach
Ottawa, Canada
“Comfy bed, but you get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The desk staff and cleaners were very mice. I had no trouble with them whatsoever. The room was clean, but didn't smell clean. The beds were comfy, however there was a great deal of noise from other folk staying at the hotel. We could hear pretty much every word being said outside. At 2am. On multiple nights. With people actually banging on our door looking for "Eddy". Again, at 2am. Using language I'd rather my kids not hear. But I digress... The pool was warm and clean. The breakfast was vey weak - even for a discount motel. The wifi was also intermittent, and very slow when it did work.
The bottom line - if you'd like to stay in Florida but feel like you're in a third world country, I'd recommend this motel. If not, you can get a lot better for not much more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Satellite Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We have stayed here for many a year. This year do to economy , the name is changed, however, the people are the same. Polite courtious and very friendly. The manager, Mannie was so helpful in getting us our favorite room. Even through we came a few days early. This year we also brought our 19 month old Goldendoodle. There were a few large breeds here and we had amble space to connect with one another. It was so enjoyable. The room was clean and equipped, the staff always on hand for things you would need. All the ice machines and laundry machines worked perfectly the whole month of our stay as they should. Breaksfast room equipped and friendly greetings. The pool area was mantained every single morning of our stay. In all we didnt pay a arm and a leg , and things werent 5 star, but we still enjoyed the leisure of our trip. Thanks All. <3

Room Tip: We like a room with a view. Overlook the parking lot and pool. <3
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Smithfield, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I decided to book a room about a week before we went on vacation, concerned we would not be able to get a room being that the Daytona 500 would be going on. I was happy with the price, but REALLY concerned because of the reviews I had read after my husband had booked the room. The front office/lobby doesn't give the best impression, a little run down, the staff was kind of scruffy looking, but extremely nice and helpful. We checked the room out before we unloaded anything, I wanted to make sure we did not see any roaches and to check the mattresses for signs of bed bugs. The room was decent and I was comfortable with what I saw and experienced. The room was tidy and clean, we did not see any evidence of bugs, it was a bit worn looking, but for the price I was comfortable. The mattress appeared to be relatively new and the linens were clean. The maid was very pleasant and accomodating, however did not look very professional. End result....I would stay again, we enjoyed the pool and felt safe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last year and it was ok. This year got a room that was swarming with cockroaches. Did not discover it until 11:00 pm. Put out belongings in our car and was given another room. Only saw dead roaches smashed on the wall in this room. After not getting much sleep we tried to check out and were told we had to pay for our whole reservation of one week. We were offered another room but..... I do not like roaches. Manager called police when we were upset with them. The deputy sheriff was very nice and thought it was reasonable that I pay for the night we stayed and another night , which I would of done gladly but the manager stated I had to pay the whole thing. I will take that up with my credit card company. We found another place to stay that bent over backward to help us after we told them our horror story. Of note, the deputy said they get called to this place several times a week for the same issue.

• Stayed February 2013
Englewood, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

this is our 2nd time staying here. Usually stay month at a time. Staff is very friendly and management go above and beyond to make sure you are happy. Convient to beach, restaurants, and shopping. Very great place to stay for business or pleasure for the money you spend!!! Highly would recommend. Thank you for everything...Kelli n Brian

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lusby, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We could not find Days Inn. Drove around checking addresses and finally decided that Days Inn no longer exists -it is now America's best Value Inn. WRONG.
Funny smell -ugly decor, dead bugs in the ceiling light in the bathroom, sloppy maintenance, rusty metal railings in places. It is NOT even up to being a bad Day's Inn.

Room Tip: Smokers hang outside their rooms so we had to drive to the office for coffee/breakfast instead of wa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne? Share your experiences!