Here's what I didn't like about this hotel.
(1) It is IMPOSSIBLE to find ... because it is not physically on the street of its given address, you won't find it via MapQuest or GoogleMaps ... and you won't be able to visually see it from the highway as you exit the interstate ...
(2) The toilet (at least on 3rd floor) has inadequate water pressure to properly flush.
(3) The WiFi log-on for the rooms doesn't work properly.
(4) The only electric outlet by the desk is blocked by the desk itself, you have to move the desk to plug in a laptop, cell phone charger, etc.
(5) They charged me for a long-distance call I didn't make.
(6) Initially and inexplicably, my reservation was shown as non-smoking at the front desk although the reservation I made on the web (as proven by the print out of the web reservation) clearly was for a smoking room.
(7) There is only one computer available for public use in the lobby, and it was in use just about every time I went by to try and use it.
Here's what I liked about the hotel.
(1) The staff was very nice and in fact did try to address various of the problems noted above (and apologized for problem #1 -- i.e., the impossibility of a first-time visitor finding the hotel!)
(2) The bed was comfortable.
I was not previously familiar with the AmericInn "brand" and I don't know how these people expect to compete with the Hiltons, Holiday Inns, Marriotts, etc. of the world with low quality like this.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AmericInn Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Hotel And Suites Sarasota
- Americinn Hotel Sarasota