“Low quality in so many ways, AmericInn is no longer in my travel plans” 2 of 5 stars
Review of AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota

You added AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota to your Saves list
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5931 Fruitville Road, Sarasota, FL 34232   |
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC
“Low quality in so many ways, AmericInn is no longer in my travel plans”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Here's what I didn't like about this hotel.
(1) It is IMPOSSIBLE to find ... because it is not physically on the street of its given address, you won't find it via MapQuest or GoogleMaps ... and you won't be able to visually see it from the highway as you exit the interstate ...
(2) The toilet (at least on 3rd floor) has inadequate water pressure to properly flush.
(3) The WiFi log-on for the rooms doesn't work properly.
(4) The only electric outlet by the desk is blocked by the desk itself, you have to move the desk to plug in a laptop, cell phone charger, etc.
(5) They charged me for a long-distance call I didn't make.
(6) Initially and inexplicably, my reservation was shown as non-smoking at the front desk although the reservation I made on the web (as proven by the print out of the web reservation) clearly was for a smoking room.
(7) There is only one computer available for public use in the lobby, and it was in use just about every time I went by to try and use it.

Here's what I liked about the hotel.
(1) The staff was very nice and in fact did try to address various of the problems noted above (and apologized for problem #1 -- i.e., the impossibility of a first-time visitor finding the hotel!)
(2) The bed was comfortable.

I was not previously familiar with the AmericInn "brand" and I don't know how these people expect to compete with the Hiltons, Holiday Inns, Marriotts, etc. of the world with low quality like this.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
americinn5931, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Thank you very much for your review of the Americinn Sarasota. Yes, we know our location can be a bit difficult to find and we are working with our local government to improve upon this. In the meantime, we have found that Google Maps provides the most accurate information.

I do want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, and want to let you know they are being addressed. Thank you for the kind comments regarding our staff and the comfortable beds, and please feel free to contact us directly prior to your next stay so we can make sure everything is in order for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

We are from Canada and have been traveling to various cities in Florida. The staff at the AmericInn is so friendly and they have a wonderful managers reception Monday through Thursday with meals, beer and wine. The rooms are nice and big and great for a long stay with microwaves and refrigators. I would reccommed this hotel to anyone traveling for work or fun.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
americinn5931, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota, responded to this review, June 15, 2010
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites in Sarasota. It was nice to hear the staff was friendly. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

AmericInn Management & Staff
Los Angeles CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

We stayed at the AmericInn while visiting a friend who lives nearby. It was solid, basic accomodation, located near a restaurant and businesses. The room was quiet and modestly furnished. The lobby was spacious and faeatured a standard continental breakfast. The staff were courteous and helpful. A nice touch was free wifi!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the AmericInn Hotel & Suites. I am glad the staff was helpful. We hope to see you for your next visit to Sarasota. We have now added a hot breakfast, Manager’s reception along with a few updates to the hotel we are sure you will like.

AmericInn Management & Staff
juneandmac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

When I got to the hotel I was not felling well and had a very bad flight. The manager went out twice to get me soup and asprin. She also checked on me serveral times through out the 2 days that I stayed there. I have never received such kind staff to worry about me and take care of me. I will never stay anywhere else when I come to Sarasota.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

Beautiful, comfortable, reasonable, and clean! Large Jaccuzi and Sausage Gravy for breakfast everyday!! Located close to all of Florida's Gulf Coast Keys (Siesta, Lido, and Casey Key, etc.). I was in town for the Stephen King Book Tour and booked this place because of its convenient location and jaccuzi, I exxpected it to be nice from the other Tripadvisor reviews I had read, but wasn't prepared for how nice it was. Everything about this place is spectacular, and I will definately stay here again if I ever have a reason to come back to the area. Since I always go to Florida in the spring Im not sure if November is its off season or not, but there was only about a dozen of us staying in this huge hotel, so we pretty much had the place to ourselves, and with the elegance and LONG hallways it was very much like the Overlook in Stephen King's movie The Shining, very appropriate for this vacation :).

It was a little hard to find though since it sits back off the road. To get there you need to make a right at the exit and then make your first right, and first right again, the hotel is behind the Perkins.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Chittenango, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is an ideal hotel and you can find lots of deals online, so don't be scared off by the price. Also, it is one of the few remaining places to stay in Sarasota that allows smoking, and their PURE rooms make it possible to smoke and not smell the smoke! Great, freindly staff, great breakfast, too!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Georga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

We stayed in a two room suite, it was so roomy it was perfect with kids and a husband who likes to watch tv in his own room. The kids loved taking their bath in the big jacuzzi and making waffels for breakfast. We were close to the beach, a park, down town,shopping, movie theater and more. It is the perfect location for a summer vacation.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota? Share your experiences!